Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    somehow this scene from Ghost Dog comes to mind with this situation...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJOtyDu5E4

(skip to about 2:30 for the important bit)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Cravendale View Post
    Ahhh she's from Liverpool? That explains a lot then...

...I kid I kid

Is there anything else to the story that you know of or is it a happy slapping/ punching attempt foiled by a bloke who fought back?
    There are people saying it's Liverpool and the man has a mental disability. But despite searching many news sites, ones related to Liverpool and that would potentially have it (as viral videos are pretty popular, and I'd assume this one is), I have found nothing at all about the incident. This leads me to wonder why, and how these people are getting their facts if I cannot find anything, despite trying to find local news surrounding Liverpool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cravendale View Post
    Ahhh she's from Liverpool? That explains a lot then...

...I kid I kid

Is there anything else to the story that you know of or is it a happy slapping/ punching attempt foiled by a bloke who fought back?
    Haha, AFAIK it's just a bunch of underage, drunk goths being idiots, I don't think the man had any disabilities, he was probably just a random target. The views on facebook seem to be pretty similar to this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AsUSRH46dA This video seems to be naming and shaming the girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender equality in action.

Deleted
    Looks more or less like an accident to me. I'm more concerned what the other kids did to the guy afterwards. I really hope they left him alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punch, get punched.

Problem?

Seriously, of COURSE it was okay to hit her. The instant a person brings violence to a situation, that person is a fair target.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieKDC View Post
    There are people saying it's Liverpool and the man has a mental disability. But despite searching many news sites, ones related to Liverpool and that would potentially have it (as viral videos are pretty popular, and I'd assume this one is), I have found nothing at all about the incident. This leads me to wonder why, and how these people are getting their facts if I cannot find anything, despite trying to find local news surrounding Liverpool.
    Yeah ive had a nosy about and I cant seem to find out anything either. Ye Olde Chinese whispers at work I think, there will probably be several versions of the story knocking about in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers
    Haha, AFAIK it's just a bunch of underage, drunk goths being idiots, I don't think the man had any disabilities, he was probably just a random target. The views on facebook seem to be pretty similar to this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AsUSRH46dA This video seems to be naming and shaming the girl.
    Good for whoever named and shamed her tbh, cant do stuff like that and get away with it.

It does look like those spontaneous attacks, there was one doing the rounds a while back of 2 guys who decided to happy slap a guy, not knowing he's a boxer...they got smashed in the chops for their idiocy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Looks more or less like an accident to me. I'm more concerned what the other kids did to the guy afterwards. I really hope they left him alone.
    Highly doubt that. I didn't watch the video the OP embedded because it got removed but I watched the one The North Remembers linked above - morons like that with their hard thug life cronies filming whatever shit it is they're doing... Yeah.

Anyway, even before I'd watched anything I already knew I was going to say yes; if a situation warrants physical violence in order to protect oneself, man or woman it doesn't matter in the slightest. As many have said, gender equality should go for everything, not just for the good shit. That's my take on it, obviously what's done and what's necessary depends on a lot of things, one of which is gender, but when you're in a situation like that guy where you're "under attack" or what have you, you don't think about how hard you need to hit someone to knock them out or to keep them off you, you just hit them. If anything, that guy's only concern should've been trying not to punch her in the nose hard enough to get her bridge to pierce her brain, killing someone doesn't usually mean Christmas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the video has been removed I'm going to close since new people can no longer comment and make a choice.