Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Another Asura thread.

From the moment I began following this game and saw the Asura, I knew I wouldn't even think to touch them. I never attempted making a tarutaru in FFXI (or a Lalafell in FFXIV... because it's the same thing) and I had a gnome in WoW that I only played because it was a Warlock; I hated both aesthetically.

I figured I may want to create a Sylvari when the game launches so in order to not spoil anything, I just made an Asura as a "joke" character. Upon choosing the sex, I found myself tweaking its facial features, which is something I rarely ever do in an MMO because I find it overwhelming. But Arenanet gives you just enough, and I was surprised by how much I was beginning to like my character after giving it a chin...

Finally, within minutes of giving him a name, I got the chance to move around and was (and still am) incredibly surprised by how fluid Asuran movement looks and feels; maybe it's because I'm not lagging.

I'm not sure why I really needed to talk about this. I've been really put off by this game because even though the BWE's have been very necessary, I felt my experience getting spoiled because I was playing with 'variations' of the characters I would eventually make. Maybe I'm spoiling now because I've discovered another race of interest. The game feels new again. I'm glad they saved it all for this last BWE.

Getting hooked. They're cute, cuddly, dangerous, fierce, and technologically brilliant and advanced. Bookah be going down. But...are friends...too...*cough*....

Love their animations.

Personally don't like Asura.

Inb4 Mif rages at me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Personally don't like Asura.

Inb4 Mif rages at me
    >.>
    <.<

Also, 360 spin front dodge ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura look ridiculously short on my Norn. Like, I could step on them, and they would die.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

I wasn't planning on playing one either on release but i really like the look of mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Asura look ridiculously short on my Norn. Like, I could step on them, and they would die.
    Norn look ridiculously tall on my Asura. Like, I could kick their shins, and they would fall on my blade and die.

Are there any race/class restrictions? If i can have an Asura Ranger ill love it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Are there any race/class restrictions? If i can have an Asura Ranger ill love it forever.
    I'm pretty sure any race can be any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Norn look ridiculously tall on my Asura. Like, I could kick their shins, and they would fall on my blade and die.
    More like we'd look down in surprise and wonder what the hell is scratching us.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I now must say Asura are my second favourite race. Brilliant.
    Now if only Rata Sum wasn't a freaking death trap for me... T_T

I'll make an asura engineer, most likely. I never ever like small races, but of all the MMOs I've seen -- the asura are the best short race. I guess that's something...

Not feeling them.

Still likely going Charr come release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I'll make an asura engineer, most likely. I never ever like small races, but of all the MMOs I've seen -- the asura are the best short race. I guess that's something...
    I thought that originally, but when I saw how industrial the engineer skills felt, I figured Charr Engineer worked better.

The Asura are more magic users than technology users. This shows through in their technology, which is typically using magical properties and power sources to function. They use technomagical devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl @ Asura named "Bookah di Beppo"
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Well asuras everywhere in the mist, and the ones that didnt play them talked about them =) Simply overpowered race, we all know it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Number of fucks given: Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    The /threaten emote is roflmao!!!!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The /threaten emote is roflmao!!!!
    Oh man.

I was like, yeah it's ok....
    Then it got to the end part