Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I watch it and I have few holes into your arguments, well for one - I think wasd IS used by most unlike you stated that it is not. Also you are using A and D to turn - you should use strafe....
    strafing in gw2 is slower, when you strafe you move at around 75% normal movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    strafing in gw2 is slower, when you strafe you move at around 75% normal movement speed.
    Not his point.

He's pointing out that the OP is complaining about slow turning yet he uses the keyboard to turn instead of the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Not his point.

He's pointing out that the OP is complaining about slow turning yet he uses the keyboard to turn instead of the mouse.
    exactly this
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...why? Do explain, I'm excited all of the sudden!
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual. I got all worked up thinking there was this huge issue and wondering why I couldn't see it. Then, it just turns out to be a keyboard turner problem that effects almost no one and the ones it would be relevant to probably wont notice the issue anyway. It suddenly turned into a giant joke thread. One of these weird jokes where the punchline was right in front of your face the whole time and you go "D'awwwwww!!!! Oh you guys!!"

<3
    Last edited by Luko; 2012-07-25 at 02:34 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

This thread is great.

Deleted
    Not his point.

i use the mouse to move and it's still sluggish and slow compared to WoW

but i guess im wrong cuz i dont think gw2 is the great messiah which has come to save us from our sins and will reincarnate on easter sunday.

That video has a lot of fail in it, the one thing I do agree with is 180* turns while running feel a bit off. Rate of turn needs to be increased slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cranberries View Post
    i use the mouse to move and it's still sluggish and slow compared to wow

but i guess im wrong cuz i dont think gw2 is the great messiah which has come to save us from our sins and will reincarnate on easter sunday.
    SINNER!!! Repent!

The funniest part of it is........many who are saying this is a problem do so with the line "ok....go do pvp and tell me this isn't a problem".
    If this is a problem for you in pvp, trust me, you have far greater problems.

And who says this? The only people that I hear this from are people like you and you say that you don't believe it to be so. So can you provide some examples of this? I guarantee none of the regulars here say it.

i use the mouse to move and it's still sluggish and slow compared to WoW

No, you're wrong in claiming this is a universal fact.

Which
    It
    Isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The funniest part of it is........many who are saying this is a problem do so with the line "ok....go do pvp and tell me this isn't a problem".
    If this is a problem for you in pvp, trust me, you have far greater problems.
    They speak like dozens of us weren't religiously locked into WvWvW and sPvP all 3 of the weekends. Some of us even came out feeling like unstoppable gods. 12 stacks of Master's Bond on our pets, walking away intact from 3v1 scenarios. If there is indeed this "crippling" problem with the camera, it doesn't seem to be hindering certain people very much.

I smell conspiracy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    That video has a lot of fail in it, the one thing I do agree with is 180* turns while running feel a bit off. Rate of turn needs to be increased slightly.
    You can increase it though. O_o
    It's right there in the options.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

When I was playing the beta this past weekend, I too felt the camera was a bit sluggish for my tastes. Instead of tossing my hands up in the air proclaiming that the camera controls were broken and unplayable, I took a look in the game options.

Guess what I found? I found an option to adjust the camera rotation speed, and was able to bring it closer in line with how the camera in WoW behaves. Sure, the camera movement isn't identical, but it's so close that it never hindered my ability to perform quick/precise movements as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    They speak like dozens of us weren't religiously locked into WvWvW and sPvP all 3 of the weekends. Some of us even came out feeling like unstoppable gods. 12 stacks of Master's Bond on our pets, walking away intact from 3v1 scenarios. If there is indeed this "crippling" problem with the camera, it doesn't seem to be hindering certain people very much.

I smell conspiracy!
    I've only seen it be a problem with using wasd to move...which is clear from the vids where ppl "demonstrate it" (which seems to be by turning as slowly as possible).
    It is simply not an issue when mouse turning.

Oh.......and Cranberries............turn up ur mouse sensitivity. It's faster than WoW on max.

Quote Originally Posted by Grynd View Post
    When I was playing the beta this past weekend, I too felt the camera was a bit sluggish for my tastes. Instead of tossing my hands up in the air proclaiming that the camera controls were broken and unplayable, I took a look in the game options.

Guess what I found? I found an option to adjust the camera rotation speed, and was able to bring it closer in line with how the camera in WoW behaves. Sure, the camera movement isn't identical, but it's so close that it never hindered my ability to perform quick/precise movements as needed.
    Yeah for some reason they put the default level so low.

I found the whole movement controls very awkward in the game personally. Coming from WoW I intuitively started moving by holding the two mouse buttons down and moving the mouse around, it works just like WoW but it is a bad way to move in this game. It is much better to use the keyboard to move I figured out later. However, you are supposed to use the QWAD keys to move but the spellcast/ability buttons are on the same side of the keyboard, I ended up re-binding my keys so that my action keys could be played with one hand and I could move with the other hand, after that it wasn't so bad. Guild Wars 2 is really ambitious in that it lets you do so many things. I had to watch a YouTube tutorial and read their online help to figure it all out, its not like other games I've purchased recently where how to play was obvious right away.

Also, with casting your spells/abilities it feels really weird. I think it is because they are attempting to have the combat be real-time but of course when you are online there is always some lag. They have been improving the lag during the beta but there is always going to be some lag for the forseeable future of the Internet, even Diablo 3 by the giant company Blizzard is laggy often, so if a big company with major funding like Blizzard can't eliminate lag a smaller company like Arenanet certainly wont' either. It's just the reality of online games. Blizzard's system may not be real time but it just feels a lot better than Guild War 2's system right now.
    Last edited by necromus; 2012-07-25 at 02:58 AM. Reason: removed sentence typed twice

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, no, you're definitely not "supposed" to keyboard turn/move. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I feel THE SAME way as the op.

The camera feels sluggish when I turn it (and it's not constant, so it isn't the camera speed. Trust me, I've been adjusting camera speed and mouse accel since quake3). My computer for sure isn't bad and the game feels terribly slow still (admiteddly its been getting better since the first BWE).

Also, If I turn graphics all the way down so that my camera moves a little better (still slow) the game looks horrible.

And moving still feels like floating. I don't feel the weight of the characters much especially humans. They feel like anime schoolgirls moving instead of real people.

Why do I come back here if I still don't have fun playing the game?

Cause I really love what they wanted to do with it and I'd love to be able to enjoy it. Sigh =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    No, you're wrong in claiming this is a universal fact.

Which
    It
    Isn't.
    did i claim it was a universal fact? i never said anything. i just said what i experienced. that's all.

maybe you need reading glasses? >_>