LOTRO links/advice/guides?

Anyone have any really popular guides/links/addons for Lord of the Rings: Online? I just started playing for the 1st time and I will be strictly free-to-play. I don't want to invest any money in in this game, just my time.

I know that doing deeds is what will get you the turbine points to progress in the game. I just need directions that will help me be more efficient and effective in getting turbine points/completing deeds.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know you said you don't want to spend money, but for 9.99 you can order the Mithril Edition on sale from gamestop right now. You get a free mount, the quest packs, and 2000 turbine pts. that's honestly a $50.00 value or the next 2 months of your life you could save. If you are serious about wanting to play this game, it's worth the initial $10 to never pay again.

edit: not to mention that if you never buy pts or do some kind of upgrade you will be limited on the amount of gold you can carry and bags you have. This is actually crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I know you said you don't want to spend money, but for 9.99 you can order the Mithril Edition on sale from gamestop right now. You get a free mount, the quest packs, and 2000 turbine pts. that's honestly a $50.00 value or the next 2 months of your life you could save. If you are serious about wanting to play this game, it's worth the initial $10 to never pay again.

edit: not to mention that if you never buy pts or do some kind of upgrade you will be limited on the amount of gold you can carry and bags you have. This is actually crippling.
    Alright, thanks. I will take that into consideration.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh also, what class would you recommend for me? I just started a hunter. its lvl 15 right now but Im getting the feeling its not working out for me.

When I played WoW, I enjoyed Paladin (tank only), warlocks, and warriors (tank only).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
    Alright, thanks. I will take that into consideration.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh also, what class would you recommend for me? I just started a hunter. its lvl 15 right now but Im getting the feeling its not working out for me.

When I played WoW, I enjoyed Paladin (tank only), warlocks, and warriors (tank only).
    For tanks I'm guessing you would like both a Guardian and Wardens...though I'm a big fan of the warden gameplay. I think that is a class that has to be unlocked/purchased/upgraded to. They have 3 'basic' abilities that depending on the order you use them turn into a 'finisher'. (Gambit System)These are all of the damage/defense/threat category...which includes some self healing. I love that class.

Warlocks would really only equate to Rune Keepers, though they are healers too. I don't have enough experience with Lore masters to know if they fit in the nuker archetype.