• more guns.

62 6.05%
  • lot more guns.

141 13.77%
  • Undecided.

11 1.07%
  • Other.

40 3.91%
    Blaming guns for killing is like blaming a fork for obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorooz View Post
    it s the 21st century. the thing to protect you is call LAW and if someone break your house/steal from you/agress you , it will be punish.
    the 2nd thing which defends you against robery or is insurrance.
    This is wrong on every level. Yep, the law certainly protected all the murder and rape victims from murder and rape since the statutes went on the book. Has it occurred to you that when someone breaks into your house to rob you blind, rape you or your loved ones, or kill the lot of you, that they don't plan on being caught, or care about the punishment?

So let's say some knife wielding maniac is chasing me in the hallway of my apartment building. According to you I should just call law enforcement and hope I can outrun the guy until the authorities show up to deal with it?

When seconds matter, the police are minutes away. The police don't do shit to protect you, or prevent crime. They typically come in to gather the facts and pursue the criminal after the dirt has been done.

And the insurance situation is funny. If I could stop someone from stealing all my property, especially without use of lethal force, I would prefer that every time to letting someone take my property, then jumping throu a hundred hoops to satisfy an insurance company's burden of proof that I actually owned said property, had it insured, and am due reimbursement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapie View Post
    Outcasts? You mean people sick of the life they had forced upon them in Europe? Yep, I sure do know my history...apparently you do not know yours very well or what happens when a government takes away the right of the citizen to defend themselves. Go ahead rely on and wait for police to come protect you. Try talking your way out of somebody who wants nothing but to do harm to you...you will be crying for somebody to save you. Myself and other like me are able to defend ourselves, not have to rely on others. At least I can say if I go down, i go down fighting. You will just drop like a prom dress.
    its not like in movies or in video games.. the "heroic" ones dont alway take down the baddie.. im pretty sure putting up no resistance when getting robbed is a more efficent survival strategy

edit@ exp: do to some ad hominem: hes called Rorschach
    Last edited by mmoc039cf54643; 2012-07-23 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axeplay View Post
    You really think that once the guns in circulation are taken away, the demand won't entice criminal enterprises to import more illegal firearms from other countries? China is not terribly far from Australia, and they are one of the biggest arms producers in the world, many for commercial sale. You think they won't sell them to Aussie criminals willing to put down the cash for them?
    As I said, its still going to be available if you have the money and connections. But it will take it out of the hands of the muggers and druggies, or others who may be inclined to make random crimes. The big and organized is still going to have access.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sorooz View Post

nothing else to say.
    remove gun, you will have less dead people.
    Let's analyze this "statistic."

Population of United States: 311,591,917 (July, 2011)
    Population of all other countries listed: 223,249,072 (world bank figures from 2008 to 2011)

There are almost 90 million more people living in the United States than all the other countries listed, combined.

Number of Gang members: Approximately 1 million (from FBI statistics)
    Percentage of Crimes Attributed to Gangs: 80% (from FBI statistics)

The number of gangs and gang members in the United States is increasing every year. Some jurisdictions report that anywhere from 90-97% of the crimes in their cities are carried out by gang members for gang related purposes. More than 90% of the homicides attributed to gangs are committed by firearm. That is a huge percentage of crime that would be unaffected by gun regulation and control.

None of the other countries on the infographic have a gang/illegal drug problem anywhere in the same universe as the US. The number of homicides that are drug related are unknowable, because the Federal government isn't tracking data on that segment of the total number of homicides.

Also, guns don't murder people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Seriously, read comments or GTFO.
    The US is number 5 in rape-rating, so the entire "guns for everyone!"-thought isn't preventing anything.
    fail...why dont you look at the cities where the majority of rapes happen. 7/10 are infamous for strict gun control. This simply means the rape victims DID NOT have any means to defend themselves.

also to look at, is unfortunately most women are afraid to carry a gun with them. That is changing tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    He should get the death penalty. The maximum sentence in Norway is 20 years. To quote Rorshak, men go to prison, dogs get put down.
    I am norwegian, I know our own criminal system. He isnt being let out after 20 years, period.

Deleted
    we should stop the debate. all those Amercian people convinced me
    here is what i understood :
    don t go to USA it s dangerous. it s common in the USA to be agressed/raped/robbed etc... most people have guns, cause they are scared to be agress/rape/rob by people with guns
    don t go to their home, they have to protect themselves against tons of thugs comming every night to stry to steal their TV or rape their wives. it s common to ,at least, to have to defend yourself against 8 to 10 attacks PER NIGHT. they need guns to protect their family

thanks yankees you convinced me, my next trip will not be in the USA, it s too dangerous.

Cool More Guns.. Arm Grandpa..

youtube.com/watch?v=KjH3ZMUks1o

This remarkable solution:
    • Requires no police.
    • Costs the taxpayers no money.
    • Requires no up-front paperwork.
    • Protects innocent lives.
    • Is deployed in as little as FIVE seconds.
    • Works everywhere.
    • Deters violent crime.
    • Makes bad guys flee immediately.
    • Is easy to learn.
    • Functions at the local level.
    • Does not require control or intervention by the United Nations or any government entity.

This is the real answer everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    It doesnt rain guns every wednesday does it?
    Anecdotal example:
    Lets say I were to go mad and want to go on a murder spree in the nearest mall. Oops, problem, I'm European. I have never seen a gun in my life and I have no idea where to get one. The only guns you can buy here are guns which have been heavily 'disarmed' , and even if I manage to 'arm' such a gun , I still need to find bullets Glob knows where.
    In Europe we cant buy guns in the nearest Wallmart ( we dont even have a Wallmart *gasp* )
    Ignoring the fact in your example you could still go on a murder spree just not with a gun. You have never seen a gun? and no idea where to get one? Seriously?Internet. Don't know how to arm it? Internet. No idea where to find bullets? Internet. You can get one, your just remaining ignorant of how to for your own sake and for the sake of your example. and while I can understand that that the people that commit those acts don't put themselves in that kind of bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    Indeed, after only 50 years of higher rates of murder, armed robbery, assault and kidnapping, the rates should start to fall.

Guess it just sucks to be some of those who died who otherwise wouldn't have. Oh well, innocent lives lost for the greater good though right? Is that what you tell their parents/brothers/sisters/children?
    In the lifespan of a country you have to be able to plan in such timeframes. Make it a bit worse for 2 generations, so the next 100 generations may reap the benefit.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

~Ben Franklin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

~Ben Franklin
    haha im pretty sure he wasnt talking about purchasing handguns.....

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Uhhh no... AR15 rounds are really small. Less than half the size and weight hunters normally use for killing deer.

(tradetroll beat me to it)
    AR-15s use .223 round or the similar NATO round 5.56

Deleted
    Okay guys, there was some good discussion in here, but it is buried in way too much nation bashing and pointless arguing back and forth. I'm gonna have to draw the line here and lock this up.