Poll: Who would win?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Single Combat: Arthas VS Harry Potter

Ya ya ya ya laugh all you want but I actually had a hard time thinking about who would win, I mean really its unlimited magic vs a dude with a magical sword and loads of ghouls. I'm not voting so it's up to you guys.
    Last edited by Aerimae; 2012-07-21 at 09:09 AM.

Uhm, lich king had an entire army of undead and can just devour his soul.

Harry Potter has a stick which fires different coloured flash lights.

I think the winner is pretty obvious.

Harry Potter has his mother's love, nothing can kill him

As much as I love Harry Potter. He's only safe against Voldemort. Arthas would most likely kick his ass

I'm wondering, is it really infinite magic? I never thought about it but do wizards in the HP universe tire when using spells or are they essentially endless magic batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Harry Potter has his mother's love, nothing can kill him
    Her love only protected him from Voldemort, and only until Voldemort was reincarnated using Harry's blood.

Arthas is highly resistant to damage, including magic. Magic in the Harry Potter universe isn't as violent or as damaging as magic in Warcraft. It's even conceivable that the Avada Kedavra curse would fail to penetrate the Lich King's armor. It's really not a competition.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming Harry Potter is not willing to use the Killing Curse (Avada Kedavra), Lich King(Arthas) hands down.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Assuming Harry Potter is not willing to use the Killing Curse (Avada Kedavra), Lich King(Arthas) hands down.
    The killing curse has it's limitations. From what I remember, it didn't work on Giants. And can the killing curse really kill an Undead? Maybe it would turn him back in to Arthas.

*Arthas Casts Anti-magic Shell/zone*
    *Arthas Cast Strangulate*
    *Arthas Cleaves Harry in 2*

/thread.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Arthas killed Harry's parents, Harry doesn't stand a chance.

Considering all harry did was run away and get lucky all the time, im going with the army of undead, sword weilding, lich king.

Arthas can spam Icy Chains

Harry can cast the imperius charm and make arthas jump off his ledge. Case closed.

Arthas would win, but I really don't think you can count the scourge armies as being a weapon.
    It clearly says single combat, you can't make undead without other people involved.

Harry can cast the imperius charm and make arthas jump off his ledge. Case closed.
    Imperius can be resisted and fought off by decently willed people.
    I can't imagine it'd hold onto Arthas very long.

I think if it had been a superior wizard like Voldemort or Dumbledore, it would have been a closer fight, but even by the end of the books Harry is only ever really so-so with magic.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2012-07-21 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    The great power of Harry is only against Voldemort. So, a head-on battle would be over in a second. Avada Kedavra? Well, Arthas is technically undead, and his soul isn't in his body anymore, i don't think the Avada Kedavra would have any effect. You can always duck/dodge it, and Arthas was physically outstanding.

Now, if you give Harry the support of his friends and time to prepare, avoiding a one-on-one battle, the result might (only might) be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Considering all harry did was run away and get lucky all the time, im going with the army of undead, sword weilding, lich king.
    yeah he never really showed that much talent besides being lucky.
    never understood why he was such an "amazing wizard" his moms love saved him making him amazing? nuhuh.

ANYway, killing curses dont work on undead, cant MC him cause if i remember correctly it was based on will power and i doubt Harry would win in that respect.
    and considering how easy Defile killed the rest of us i think Harry is boned.
    Last edited by roflwaffle; 2012-07-21 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

harrys protection went away when he turned 18 so unless were talking about a young harry potter it wouldnt matter what it worked on because he wouldnt have it. he also doesnt have the elder wand because he put it back in dumbledoors coffin so all he has is his own talent and none of the spells that would give him a chance against arthas would even be used by harry for moral reasons and even if he did why would it work on arthas? we have no reason to believe any of harrys spells that would put up a fight would work on undead and even if they did im pretty sure arthas armor is resistant to magic.

so arthas hands down. theres literally no way harry could win
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Arthas imo: last time i killed him he took a couple of hundred fireballs to the face before dying.

But then again what if harry is lvl 85?

Guys, it's single combat, no army of undead.

Probably Arthas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Guys, it's single combat, no army of undead.

Probably Arthas though.
    although you could make the case that because arthas has full control over the minds and bodies of the undead like a hive mind that the army of undead still counts as single combat since in a way there all one thinking entity
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552