Thread: GW2 Graphics?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Seems pretty good to me. I'm not a huge fan of the Sylvari area but that has to do with the colors and lighting I think. But everywhere else I love it. To me the game is visually pleasing. Does it have Crysis 2 level of graphics? Of course not but I find it more appealing in a video game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Guess I was right then.
    Ignorance is bliss right?

And if you read his post again, you'll will see it that it is mostly true. Granted the term "laughable" was slightly overboard and unnecessary but his point still stands. The landscapes are flat, the models of some of the characters looks so static and the effects are just..bland.

To me, graphics make or break a game, and not because I want to see them, because it shows how much time they are willing to put into a game to wow its audience, Anet knows for a fact that people will try the beta to see if they will, in the end purchase the game, I for one did and I'm still on the edge weather i should purchase it or not, as some of it is extremely sloppy, especially the Charr towns, coating everything in dust and rust does not fool me, i had enough of this effect in Mw3 and BF3, now please don't put it in our MMORPGs
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-07-22 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss right?

And if you read his post again, you'll will see it that it is mostly true. Granted the term "laughable" was slightly overboard and unnecessary but his point still stands. The landscapes are flat, the models of some of the characters looks so static and the effects are just..bland.

To me, graphics make or break a game, and not because I want to see them, because it shows how much time they are willing to put into a game to wow its audience, Anet knows for a fact that people will try the beta to see if they will, in the end purchase the game, I for one did and I'm still on the edge weather i should purchase it or not, as some of it is extremely sloppy, especially the Charr towns, coating everything in dust and rust does not fool me, i had enough of this effect in Mw3 and BF3, now please don't put it in our MMORPGs
    All subjective opinion.

And he's right, you didn't read my post before responding. Either of them.

Y'know, I'm done here. Lot of people have really shown their true colours here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    If he was expressing a personal opinion, he should have done it with a personal account. But no, he did it with an official account as an official representative of MMO-C and Curse.
    You make a good point. However, I believe that issues with moderators are meant to be discussed via PM, not in threads such as this.

OT: I'm in love with the graphics, and I'm playing the game on a bit less than the "balanced" settings. All of the environments look detailed and well done. It's no Crysis or Witcher 2, but it's some of the best I've seen for an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really like the grapics. Usually, the graphics arent something I look for in a game. But it kills it for me if the game has "annoying" graphics in an MMO. Like Rift, the graphic looks kinda.. smudged. At least thats my opinion. Running on Ultra, of course.

Same with GW2 to be honest. It just.. looks kinda smudged. But it's probably still a great game.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I dont really like the grapics.
    Don't say that, now you'll have people on your back, threatening to send PM's to Anet

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Mods are not the Borg. They are not a hive mind intelligence where when one person speaks they speak for everyone. I also doubt it was an official statement. If it were official then more than one mod would have expressed that view and/or suitably defended Myrarr when accused of trolling. No other mod has claimed that Myrarr's opinion are part of the general consensus.
    because moderators dont have all the time in the world to defend their friends....
    and yes, one moderators statement will reflect everyones opinion of the staff.

That is why game companies are really careful for what they say in interviews and stuff, ive never heard of a developer bashing another game in an interview or a blog post just because its his personal opinion.... he knows it will be reflected to his company aswell.
    Its the same everywhere, restaurants, forum moderation staff, ANYWHERE.

Thats why theres this thing called "professionalism".
    Leave the personal opinions home when you are talking with your work groups label next to your name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Just looked it up, and I'll have to retract my statement - looks like DX11 is going to be a while.

Source on DX9/DX11

Source on CPU vs GPU Optimizations
    Can someone copy the response in those links. I would but I am too lazy!

Deleted
    Don't say that, now you'll have people on your back, threatening to send PM's to Anet
    Flamebaiting much? Can we cut the crap about the graphic please? I love them hell i even love wow graphics (art). Imo graphics are the least of concerns for an mmo id rather have sub par graphics and have great performance and gameplay.

"I don't really like the graphics." is different than "The graphics are laughable, anyone who says they're not is a fanboy."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Anet will listen to 1 person giving them recommendations on where to advertise, right?
    Might not make a bit of difference. Never said that it would. ANet might not even have MMO-C as a blip on their radar when it comes to marketing their game.

Also, I hope you can see there is a HUGE difference between what Asrialol said versus Myrrar, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Then you are in a position to criticise a moderator who is consistently biased. All I want is a nice peaceful forum where intelligent, beautiful people can discuss things (namely GW2 now).
    So do I, which I think moderators should be enforcing...not setting a bad example. I lack to see a glaring difference between in graphical quality between this game and several other MMOs I've played...none of them I'd consider to be 'laughable'. Nothing wrong with opinion, but opinion as fact and in a inflammatory fashion just isn't needed; especially from a mod.

Is the game fun? If yes, then why worry about the graphics? They obviously aren't behind other MMOs out right now so its just a matter of what is fun versus what isn't for the individual gamer.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-07-22 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Meh, I've been called worse and no stranger to Myrrar's methods of moderating. Anyone who's been around this site for long enough knows reporting the mods yields zero results.
    Direct report buttons don't grab attention of Bibi or Sunshine but a PM does. I've been on the recieving end of a stick a few times.

BUT THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION. --Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~