Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How would you punish the Denver theatre shooter?

I've given it lots of thought. Most people that going on killing sprees do themselves in afterwards. The fact that this shooter in particular did not kill himself is a good thing.. Not because he is alive, but because it gives justice the chance to decide his fate instead of himself.

Death sentence would be doing him a favour. Personally, I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in prison being raped and beaten while the guards turn a blind eye to it, and then he can die in his cell when he's good and old.

What do you want to become of him?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in prison being raped and beaten while the guards turn a blind eye to it, and then he can die in his cell when he's good and old.
    But you can't sentence somebody to that. The prison, sure. But the rest is highly speculative. In the end maybe he has a nice time there. Who knows in advance?

I have not made a decision of what his punishment should be for myself because it's really not interesting to me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Justice isn't about vengeance, which is what you're proposing. This personally disgusts me about the American judicial system. In my opinion, he should be imprisoned for life, under full protection of the guards from other prisoners. Yes, he may deserve to die, but every single human being has the RIGHT to live. The fact he took away that right from other people doesn't mean the rest of us can just decide to do the same to him out of spite.

I'd like to bring back torturing people to death back, because it should warn the world to never consider doing such thing again.

I'm not allowed to post torture devices, am I ?

Because of the nature of his crime, and the fact that children were among his victims, he would most likely be placed in solitary confinement for his own safety. If he were in prison, there would be no raping. On top of which his reckless disregard for human life makes him a potential danger to other prisoners (some of whom might one day be able to return to society, as productive citizens).

The emotional response is to want him to have the most torturous fate possible, but the most cost effective and logical measure to take would be to execute him, because of the very real danger he poses to other people, no matter what you do with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last special I watched about prison, they were able to use the internet and even get on Facebook. Kind of depressing, the idea of someone doing something as horrific as this idiot only to end up with that kind of life. He deserves a brutal, unforgiving punishment, the kind America won't 'lower' itself to doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian Style. Beat the shit of him/them then Excute by Gunshot to the head. Dead men cant report abuse.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    i wouldnt punish him at all, seems like fate already did that.

Deleted
    Life in prison without the option of parole.

Prison for life.

Deaths sentences are stupid, you dont fix a murder by commiting another one.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-07-21 at 03:34 PM.

I'd staple his eyelids open, tie him to a chair, and force him to watch all the batman movies until he dies from it. Obviously he hated the movie:P

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kill him, slowly and painfully.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Force him to listen to nothing but Dane Cook stand up & Justin Bieber music. That's more than enough punishment for anyone.

Let him go.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Capital punishment. Dump him in the ocean far off shore or in the middle of the Sahara.

Deleted
    Looking at some of these replies I am not surprised that people are now too scared to go to the cinema, some of you are just as deranged as the shooter. I personally think he should get life in prison, no luxuries at all, lockdown for 23 hours a day.

Prison for the rest of his life, solitary confinement.

Deleted
    What disgusts me is that so many posers here manage to develop such a wrathful hate towards somebody they don't even know.

And you ask why something like the 3rd Reich could happen?

I'd be curious to find out what drove him to such an act and then he could sit out a 20-30 year sentence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Justice isn't about vengeance, which is what you're proposing. This personally disgusts me about the American judicial system. In my opinion, he should be imprisoned for life, under full protection of the guards from other prisoners. Yes, he may deserve to die, but every single human being has the RIGHT to live. The fact he took away that right from other people doesn't mean the rest of us can just decide to do the same to him out of spite.
    The people who made laws and rights were still just people. The law and ethics surrounding it are subjective, even if we are conditioned to think the law is pure and flawless. Even if the majority shapes the law, you can't objectively say what is right or wrong in terms of punishment just because the justice system tells you what to think.

I'll acknowledge that the rape and beating part is just wishful thinking for him on my part, but what it boils down to is I want him in prison. He's dangerous with a gun, sure, but in prison he doesn't stand a chance..

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    What disgusts me is that so many posers here manage to develop such a wrathful hate towards somebody they don't even know.

And you ask why something like the 3rd Reich could happen?

I'd be curious to find out what drove him to such an act and then he could sit out a 20-30 year sentence.
    Remind me to call you a poser the next time you voice an opinion on someone you have not shared the same physical space with.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    justice the chance to decide his fate instead of himself.
    Personally, I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in prison being raped and beaten while the guards turn a blind eye to it, and then he can die in his cell when he's good and old.
    It seems you don't know the definition of justice, and are confusing it for vengeance.

Justice:
    rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason

Vengeance:
    infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like, on a person by another who has been harmed by that person; violent revenge

See the difference? You're proposing that you go above the law and punish him into the extreme. I would never wish rape on anybody, even the sickest, most messed up murderer there is. I think that spending his life in solitary confinement, or even in a normal jail cell, as the LAW says, should be plenty enough. Sure, it might not sate your bloodlust to see him in pain like the families of the dead are now, but we have a JUSTICE system. If it were all about vengeance, well, I sure hope you're not in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.