Thread: Lucky mistakes

Deleted

Lucky mistakes

Hello, I just won 66 euro because I had a bet on the wrong game. So what is you guys and girls most lucky mistake?

Deleted
    My birth.

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    My birth.

/10chars

lol

Found a scratch card years ago, when they first appeared in the UK, the game was too rub off the panels and match it against your panel, but the person didn't understand and never rubber his panel and we won 150£ -

Christie: So, Mi-chelle! What are you up to?
    Michele: Oh, okay. Um, I invented Post-Its.
    Christie: No offense, Michele, but how in the world did *you* think of Post-Its?
    Michele: Uh...
    [looks across the room at Romy talking to Billy Christianson]
    Romy: And I thought of them completely by myself. I mean, all Michele did was say: "What about making them yellow?"
    Michele: [turns to the A Group] Actually I invented a special kind of glue.
    Christie: Oh really? Well then I'm sure you wouldn't mind giving us a detailed account of exactly how you concocted this miracle glue, would you?
    Michele: No. Um, well, ordinarily when you make glue first you need to thermoset your resin and then after it cools you have to mix in an epoxide, which is really just a fancy-schmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? And then I thought maybe, just maybe, you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivative during the emulsification process and it turns out I was right.

Deleted
    I went to political science university. It was a mistake because it's useless and the most useful think I found out is that to actually get in politics you need to either have relations or kiss someone's ass, but it was amazing because I met my best friend, a lady that's awesome

Finding 500000 Lira on the beach.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember on an English exam back in high school I had to write a few paragraphs about something we had to have read beforehand. I didn't read the text like I should have and completely winged it based off a few facts that a friend briefed me on before the exam. Thought I did horrible.

Turns out my speculation and extrapolation hit the nail on the head and i received almost full marks where i thought I was getting a zero.

Brb. Gonna see if I can't get Fuzzzie's HS diploma revoked for cheating.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    My birth.

/10chars
    1. My grandfather had a vasectomy after his forth kid, my uncle. My mother was born a little over a year later (and yes, he was her father -- my grandmother is not a whore).
    2. My mother was on birth control after my sister was born. Add to this she loved to party and would go out many nights to get drunk, smoke pot, etc. She did this up until she was about 4 or 5 months pregnant with me without realizing it.

So yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Brb. Gonna see if I can't get Fuzzzie's HS diploma revoked for cheating.
    I didn't actually cheat. I just guessed and turned out to be right in the eyes of the person reviewing my exam. /shrug

Not gonna complain after the fact

Talking about high school, I once showed up on a philosophy exam slightly drunk. I wrote an essay and got the highest grade. The teacher was fascinated by my "thought process", lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I remember on an English exam back in high school I had to write a few paragraphs about something we had to have read beforehand. I didn't read the text like I should have and completely winged it based off a few facts that a friend briefed me on before the exam. Thought I did horrible.

Turns out my speculation and extrapolation hit the nail on the head and i received almost full marks where i thought I was getting a zero.
    Heh, ive done something similar. When i had my Ancient History exam there were two large books you could end up getting and having to talk about. We've read some of it in class but i never prepared it from home so i just read all about those two books on wikipedia and then i could give valuable insight into them at the exam xD

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Talking about high school, I once showed up on a philosophy exam slightly drunk. I wrote an essay and got the highest grade. The teacher was fascinated by my "thought process", lol...
    Read: Fascinated - As in he has no idea how you came to that conclusion :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Read: Fascinated - As in he has no idea how you came to that conclusion :P
    Well, this turn of events even made my opinion stronger - that Philosophy is a pointless subject, a huge waste of time, and should not be taught in high school. From all of the subjects we learned during the 4 years of high school, Philosophy was the only one in which I didn't get a perfect combined grade. And this is mostly because I didn't take it seriously.
    I was so happy that I didn't need to study Philosophy, or anything close to it, in college.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-07-21 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropping out of business school to major in linguistics...and then landing a finance/risk related job better than what plenty of my business school peers got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Well, I know my brother had a bet recently on some football(Soccer) matches, if I renember right it was also completely mistaken, and he won like 100-150 dollar's, if my math aint off.