15+ Year Old Account

Solo Speculation : MoP

I'm curious, I've always wanted to get an Ashes of A'lar. I know that currently at 85, certain plate (and a couple of DPS) classes can solo Kael'thas. Usually, every other class can solo content two level gaps prior, which would be in MoP.

However, I find shadow absolutely boring. I've never liked being shadow. The times that I had a shadow spec were really just for necessity of the guild more than desire to play the role. In MoP, I've decided to make my "DPS" spec Discipline.

The thing I'm wondering is that, even with the 20 level advantage (and perhaps some gear), do you think this spec would be able to solo the adds phases of this encounter? Would the damage be enough to avoid potential problems in the encounter?

Thoughts and ideas are most appreciated. Thank you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Kel'thas is soloable as a shadow now at 85 so the damage at level 90 should be more than enough. Even as disc.

I solo'd TK on my monk...ashes dropped...I was so pissed.

There is a priest on Kilrogg US that has already soloed Kael as disc. The fight took him nearly 50 mins. Video is on YouTube if you bother to look for it.

I soloed kael almost weekly as shadow for ages in early cata until i got my Ashes. I see no reason you couldn't kill it as disc, but you would be making it much harder on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    In MoP, almost all Classic/BC content (except some bosses that CAN'T be solod), and most Wrath content should be soloable by Priests.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    I solo'd TK on my monk...ashes dropped...I was so pissed.
    Seriously?! That must have sucked huge time!

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    In MoP, almost all Classic/BC content (except some bosses that CAN'T be solod), and most Wrath content should be soloable by Priests.
    Most of Wrath content is already soloable by lv85 priests. The only raid instance where priests cannot clear more than half of the bosses is ICC and RS. Hard modes and 25mans excepted. I'm guessing with MOP, many hard modes, and 25mans can then be done.

The only issue I am seeing with priest's MOP soloing model is the removal of Masochism, but depending on how well our new mana regen mechanics work, we might need to say goodbye to spamming Flash Heals
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-07-26 at 12:33 PM.