15+ Year Old Account

Query about the last Need for Speed Games

Hey. So back in 2005 when the first Need for Speed Most Wanted came out (I say first as there is another coming out in a month or 2 with the same name), it was, alongside the 2 underground games before it, my favourite racing game on PC. I use keyboard to play, and it was fantastic and fine. As the years went by, I think with the release of Undercover, something changed for me. I noticed while trying to drive my vehicle, there was a 0.5-1 sec delay between me pressing the turn key, and the vehicle actually doing it, something I didn't have at all with Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005). Back then I thought it was something to do with my PC etc, and tried to see if others noticed it too, but didn't get much result.

Now, a few years on, and just a few days ago I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) in the Steam Sales. Since then, my PC has changed many times, many different CPU's and GPU's etc. I started to play, and low and behold, I still have this same 0.5 to 1 second 'response' lag in this Need for Speed game as I did many years ago in Undercover...

Now with a re-release of Most Wanted coming, I was kind of excited, as Most Wanted as by far my favourite (later titles could have been better if I hadn't had this reponse lag making driving really ridiculous and stupid, especially at high speed), but seeing as it is being made by the same people who released Hot Pursuit (2010), I'm now just worried it's going to be the same problem...

I was wondering, has anyone else noticed this response lag while playing any of the NFS titles from Undercover and onwards? Is there a fix for it? Surely I can't be the only one to have noticed it, and surely after so many releases of NFS since Undercover, you would have thought the developers would have done something about it? As I said, I do not have this problem in Undergound, Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005) at all, my car turns practically instantly (we're talking milliseconds).

So yeah, to get to the point, has anyone else encountered this problem with NFS games since 'Undercover' on PC (not interested in consoles) using keyboard?

Yeah thinks its cause they were made for wheels/controlers and not for keyboards

15+ Year Old Account
    Just forgot to add, back then and now, I both tried different graphics settings (turning everything to its lowest, etc), using a smaller resolution, and so on, as I thought it was general fps lag, however none of that helped back then, and hasn't helped in Hot Pursuit (2010) either.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Yeah thinks its cause they were made for wheels/controlers and not for keyboards
    If this is the case, it would seem rather silly to me, as not everyone is such a fanatic to buy a wheel and pedals purely for playing racing games. And as for controllers, I do have a xbox 360 controller connected to my PC, I hadn't actually tried that yet and I will, but it still baffles me that they know quite a few people who play NFS on PC will be using a keyboard, and would not fix such an annoying problem...