Guardian/Doomguard in MoP

I'm seeing that the Doomguard does a ton of DPS even for Affliction now...With the loss of the Tier Bonus that reduced it down to 6mins, in MoP is it staying 10mins? I really hated the 10min CD between fights especially progression ones as Demo with a ton of dmg coming from your Doomguard now with it also doing a ton for Affliction that sucks can't they just have a "reset CD" upon death programed in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    can't they just have a "reset CD" upon death programed in?
    they can´t build something in thats already there

What do you mean, it doesn't reset on Death atm? Also I got to play the PTR finally log enough without a DC to notice they've made it a 6min CD now woot. Would still be nice to have it reset on death though...

Deleted
    As far as i know it only resets on whipes, and not with each death maybe its buggy atm, but is intend to work that way

btw, the 6min CD you recognised is still caused by t13 set. the CD is still 10minutes

Ah crap...but your saying they do at least have it resetting on Boss wipes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    Ah crap...but your saying they do at least have it resetting on Boss wipes?
    Yes, that´s what blizz said a little bit after beta launch and it already worked. havn´t checked if its buggy now, but it will be fixed before release anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    Yes, that´s what blizz said a little bit after beta launch and it already worked. havn´t checked if its buggy now, but it will be fixed before release anyway
    That is what they have said, but I don't think i've ever seen it actually work that way yet.

Alright, well my bad on having the wrong CD time, but if they get it working as intended that should solve our issues with it...Also if I could get on the PTR for more than 2mins at a time that'd be nice heh.

Blizzard is working on a system (it's not working all the time yet) that resets a bunch of things that are typically used once per fight. This involves things like 10 min cds and wiping sated. The idea is that you don't have to wait for this long cds if you happen to use them right before a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works in most heroics/challenge modes atm (on the beta, not sure about ptr). Don't think Blizzard has it hooked up to raid bosses yet.

It's definitely reset for me on some raid bosses, but that seems limited to a small amount, as the last few bosses I've tested, it has not been the case.

Ahh so maybe it's something they have to flag the individual bosses for. Good lookin' out
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ahh so maybe it's something they have to flag the individual bosses for. Good lookin' out
    I think this was the issue with it....had to be done on an individual basis.

Here it is:

We have new tech to reset certain long cooldowns that you’re sometimes tempted to wait around for before each pull (such as Summon Doomguard), when you wipe on an encounter. This tech hasn’t been hooked up to every encounter yet, but you should be able to see this work on some encounters (such as Stone Guard on this Friday). This won’t apply to every long cooldown. Our current rule of thumb is that it applies to cooldowns longer than 5min, but no longer than 10min, but there will be some exceptions to that. It is going to be very subjective which cooldowns are included, but again our rule of thumb is: would reasonable groups kill time waiting for this cooldown to finish before starting an encounter? Please don't lobby for every cooldown you have to be included.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...37?page=26#517
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2012-07-23 at 08:17 AM.

Yesterday I tested Lei Shei 10 heroic ,it seems on this encounter Doomguard isn't resetting, can be some bug at the moment or will be intended by blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Yesterday I tested Lei Shei 10 heroic ,it seems on this encounter Doomguard isn't resetting, can be some bug at the moment or will be intended by blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    This tech hasn’t been hooked up to every encounter yet
    anything more to say? i see no reasons why it should only reset on a few bossfights.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Strange...I can't say I have thoroughly "tested" this but I have pretty consistently noticed on every raid boss encounter where we have wiped both my SS and Doomguard cd's resetting. I can't say it if was wipe or personal death but if it's not a wipe then the boss is dead and it's probably at least 10 minutes til next boss pull b/c of trash any way.

Regardless, in my experience, the Warlock is usually the last to die (outside of hunter fd's).

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Strange...I can't say I have thoroughly "tested" this but I have pretty consistently noticed on every raid boss encounter where we have wiped both my SS and Doomguard cd's resetting. I can't say it if was wipe or personal death but if it's not a wipe then the boss is dead and it's probably at least 10 minutes til next boss pull b/c of trash any way.
    Now that you mention it my SS didn't reset aswell. At least on 2 pulls I wasn't able to use my Doomguard at the begin of the fight.

Without Doomguard "get away" from there

Ps: Let's see if today will be different with Garalon and Tsulong...

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 09:16 AM ----------

From Garalon's test my suspicions came to be confirmed, Doomguard isn't resetting on bosses fights. I'm not sure if they change it or it's some bug that they will fix soon...
    I hope...
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-07-24 at 08:18 AM.

It does reset but apparently the mechanic trigger is boss based. My guess is that so Blizzard has the ability to turn it on and off with precision but the tradeoff is that they actually have to turn it on for everyfight.

Unless you can get 2 Doomguards off in one fight, it should probably be saved for the last 20% due to its new-found execute mechanic anyway.

I have something to ask, Our burst is balanced around having the doomguard up and other class can have the same burst without guardian. In pve it's not a big deal but in pvp, especially arena where doomguard is not allowed, we're the only class to loose so much damage , even bloodlust is allowed. The death knight army of dead don't deal as much damage as the doomguard. the doomguard need to do less damage for pvp and pve purpose..