Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Beating a woman (not in self-defense) IS a worse crime - the same way beating a child, elderly, handicapped, or some other overwhelming physically disadvantaged person is a worse crime.
    There's no reason that in a 'fair' fight that the police officer in the vid would lose, since the guy wasn't honestly that much bigger. But it was an assault, not a fight. Short of being a mindreader, most people would've been overrun easily by that attack. So dragging in that she's a woman is honestly straight up sexist for this occasion. It's not a worse crime, it's the same crime as assaulting anyone of the same size in the same way.

However, assaulting a police officer should pose an outstanding penalty. That much is natural, if only to enforce the idea of police being intimidating. But 60 years? That's extremely excessive if it's just for the attack.

He'll get out on parole much earlier. Sentencing is like a loose suggestion, with a couple extra decades tacked on to make the criminal feel remorseful/scared and therefore behave well in prison to get out on parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    There's no reason that in a 'fair' fight that the police officer in the vid would lose, since the guy wasn't honestly that much bigger. But it was an assault, not a fight. Short of being a mindreader, most people would've been overrun easily by that attack. So dragging in that she's a woman is honestly straight up sexist for this occasion. It's not a worse crime, it's the same crime as assaulting anyone of the same size in the same way.

However, assaulting a police officer should pose an outstanding penalty. That much is natural, if only to enforce the idea of police being intimidating. But 60 years? That's extremely excessive if it's just for the attack.
    If you want to deny biology as sexism, go right ahead. You look like a fool.

Deleted
    Beating a woman (not in self-defense) IS a worse crime - the same way beating a child, elderly, handicapped, or some other overwhelming physically disadvantaged person is a worse crime.
    I'll have you know that women can inflict alot of pain on their own, dont even compare them to someone "overwhelming physically disadvantaged person"

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    ^This guys right^... IMO we should all be able to beat the living shit out of police officers to resist arrest.[/scarcasm]

How would you feel if this guy got 1-10 years, and when he got out he moved into your next door neighbors house. I bet you would be more than happy to have him as a neighbor. He is willing to almost murder a cop to resist arrest, what would he do to you or your family.

The point is; this animal doesn't deserve to live in a civilized community, and he doesn't deserve to leech tax payers money. Killing him is the only option here.
    Did I say we should all be allowed to beat up cops? Or did I say KILLING A MAN FOR BEATING UP A COP IS RIDICULOUS. Why don't you go and brush up on your comprehension skills, they seem to be lacking. 10 years- 15 years seems a fair time, he may have turned around his attitude by then.

Then again in this country we tend to not believe in rehabilitation despite it's benefits. We are all punish and kill, not about helping at all.

He doesn't deserve to live bc he beat up a cop and therefore should die? Killing him is the only option? Really, god such a retarded statement. Maybe he has a mental issue, maybe he has issues that if were worked on could be helped. Such stupidity. Such stupidity coming form an American, likely.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-07-23 at 02:31 PM.

What he done was disgusting but in no way is that a fair sentence, some murders and rapists get much less time than that.

Also raises the question if this had been a male officer would he have still gotten such a harsh sentence? Maybe even if it was a ordinary citizen would he still receive the same sentence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Did I say we should all be allowed to beat up cops? Or did I say KILLING A MAN FOR BEATING UP A COP IS RIDICULOUS. Why don't you go and brush up on your comprehension skills, they seem to be lacking. 10 years- 15 years seems a fair time, he may have turned around his attitude by then.

Then again in this country we tend to not believe in rehabilitation despite it's benefits. We are all punish and kill, not about helping at all.

He doesn't deserve to live bc he beat up a cop and therefore should die? Killing him is the only option? Really, god such a retarded statement. Maybe he has a mental issue, maybe he has issues that if were worked on could be helped. Such stupidity. Such stupidity coming form an American, likely.
    I know what you said... My point was, if beating up a cop had little to no consequence everyone would do it. If you watched the video, after the man beat up the cop, he said to his daughter "baby, get in the car, I can't go to jail." Does that sound like a mental illness? No. That is clearly an already wanted criminal avoiding arrest.
    Jail does not rehabilitate, maybe once in a while someone will come out a new man, but in this economy HIGHLY unlikely(By this economy I mean: It's hard enough to get a job with no criminal record. Good luck to the guy who beats up cops). It costs way to much money to keep a prisoner alive, so for the sake of the people who try and work for a living and abide to the law, this guy shouldn't be alive.

You didn't answer my question about if you would be okay with this guy being your neighbor. I know you didn't answer it because you would have said no. So is it okay for him to be someone else neighbor, as long as he is no where near you? That is why he should be dead. He doesn't belong to live among us, why should he be kept alive at the tax payers expense.

keeping this guy alive in jail for 60 years= $1,320,000 at $22,00 a year. A bullet to the head, 25c-$1? at most.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-07-23 at 03:15 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I know what you said... My point was, if beating up a cop had little to no consequence everyone would do it. If you watched the video, after the man beat up the cop, he said to his daughter "baby, get in the car, I can't go to jail." Does that sound like a mental illness? No. That is clearly an already wanted criminal avoiding arrest.
    Well that's just an assumption, we don't know if he has previous convictions.

Jail does not rehabilitate, maybe once in a while someone will come out a new man, but in this economy HIGHLY unlikely(By this economy I mean: It's hard enough to get a job with no criminal record. Good luck to the guy who beats up cops).
    Well maybe in America re-offending rates are high, even in my own country they are as well but rehabilitation can work especially if you're looking at places like Norway and Denmark.

It costs way to much money to keep a prisoner alive, so for the sake of the people who try and work for a living and abide to the law, this guy shouldn't be alive.
    I think it would be unjust and ridiculous to kill people over assault, just because a person is not financially lucrative doesn't mean they deserve to be killed.

You didn't answer my question about if you would be okay with this guy being your neighbor. I know you didn't answer it because you would have said no. So is it okay for him to be someone else neighbor, as long as he is no where near you?
    He's not from my country but I would be fine with him being my neighbour, I've lived next to much worse people than that man.

That is why he should be dead. He doesn't belong to live among us, why should he be kept alive at the tax payers expense.
    If that is your logic why have prisons at all? Why not kill everyone who ever breaks a law, after all they are just costing the tax payers money right?

Deleted
    Some moderator should lock this thread for good, because stupidity grows with every post more than mushrooms in spring.
    And I will say this again. I am glad none of you have anything to do with the law system.

Maybe he was already out on parole???

Need more facts...

If you want to deny biology as sexism, go right ahead. You look like a fool.
    You're the one denying biology by implying that being a woman is by default going to make one weaker than a man of equivalent size and build, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough to justify 60yr sentence for this, but still should be a stiff one. He must have many prior and outstanding offences.
    I'd like to add; This female cop should have waited for back-up. This guy was easily twice her size and it was clear from the video, pre-beatdown, he wasn't going to cooperate.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

You need to see the rest of the story before making judgement, as I did, he almost disfigured that poor woman's face, she needed a lot of surgery to be "alright", 60 years is not enough. Plus beating a woman police officer or not makes it double worse, I'd fry him.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Jail does not rehabilitate, maybe once in a while someone will come out a new man, but in this economy HIGHLY unlikely(By this economy I mean: It's hard enough to get a job with no criminal record. Good luck to the guy who beats up cops). It costs way to much money to keep a prisoner alive, so for the sake of the people who try and work for a living and abide to the law, this guy shouldn't be alive.

You didn't answer my question about if you would be okay with this guy being your neighbor. I know you didn't answer it because you would have said no. So is it okay for him to be someone else neighbor, as long as he is no where near you? That is why he should be dead. He doesn't belong to live among us, why should he be kept alive at the tax payers expense.

keeping this guy alive in jail for 60 years= $1,320,000 at $22,00 a year. A bullet to the head, 25c-$1? at most.

So because it cost 1.3m we should kill him instead of changing the way we deal with criminals. You don't value life at all do you... eh his life cost us 1m, just kill him, it's better for us, fuck him.

Would I want him to be my neighbor? I didn't answer it because the way you opened your statement didn't make sense to begin with. I wouldn't want him to be my neighbor, but would I advocate to kill him because I wouldn't want him to be my neighbor?

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    You need to see the rest of the story before making judgement, as I did, he almost disfigured that poor woman's face, she needed a lot of surgery to be "alright", 60 years is not enough. Plus beating a woman police officer or not makes it double worse, I'd fry him.

Another idiot... let's just go around kill everyone who we don't thing contributes to society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    Plus beating a woman police officer or not makes it double worse, I'd fry him.
    Nice sexist bias there.
    Its ok to beat a man, duly noted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Breivik got 25 years for mass murder because the Norway law doesn't have harsher punishments.
    Then he'll do it again when he'll come out of there, there will be even more immigrants by then. -_-

I don't get this whole "it was a woman it's worse" argument.

I see women and men as people of two different sexes. Should a man go to jail for 20 years for beating up a woman but 5 for beating up a man, just because it was a man. Over zealous justice for women victims and no justice/little justice for the men. Is this how the minds of people work?

No matter what you say, 60 years is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlak View Post
    Then he'll do it again when he'll come out of there, there will be even more immigrants by then. -_-
    He didn't get 25 years. He is still in court, but the only thing being considered right now is if he's sane or not. Regardless of what he gets, he stays imprisoned until they deem him safe for society.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You're the one denying biology by implying that being a woman is by default going to make one weaker than a man of equivalent size and build, lol.
    Don't know what to tell you other than to retake junior high biology and/or English comprehension courses. Yes, if a male and female have identical heights and muscle mass, then they will be evenly matched. No one said anything to the contrary, so take off your sexism goggles. The fact is, in the vast majority of male-female pairings the male will be the physically dominant subject. That includes the match-up in the video - I don't see how you call it even.