Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Word of Glory hits for more than Templar's Verdict?

Using the Glyph of Harsh Words, I seem to be hitting (and critting, of course) for more than I do with Templar's Verdict. I'm on the PTR, not the beta, so I'm still level 85. Is this just bad scaling, or what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Using the Glyph of Harsh Words, I seem to be hitting (and critting, of course) for more than I do with Templar's Verdict. I'm on the PTR, not the beta, so I'm still level 85. Is this just bad scaling, or what gives?
    One thing I can think of is Word of Glory does fully Holy Damage. So no way to mitigate the damage unless you're using cooldowns. Unlike Templay's Verdict, which armor can reduce but quiet a bit.

TV procs mastery, WoG doesn't.

Also keep in mind that at 85 numbers will be different. You don't gain as much AP from 85 to 90 as you gain weapon damage.
    Did a test on the beta with cooldowns and Inq up, here's the rough numbers i got (both are crits);
    TV: 183k + 95k from mastery
    WoG: 135k
    Last edited by Leefa; 2012-07-21 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    TV procs mastery, WoG doesn't.
    Still a little dodgy that WoG heals more than the initial hit of TV.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Still a little dodgy that WoG heals more than the initial hit of TV.
    Depends on the armor of the target I guess.

But should really count the mastery along with the initial damage.

What build is the PTR on? I expect the +30% 'healing' ret got to WoG might of shot it up a bit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Expect a nerf on wog or a buff to TV...who am I kidding,they will nerf wog

Does the buff from Glyph of word of glory work after you use the spell to damage? The wording says "cast" and not "heal".

Quote Originally Posted by manthrax View Post
    Does the buff from Glyph of word of glory work after you use the spell to damage? The wording says "cast" and not "heal".
    Yes Glyph of Word of Glory does work even when you use WoG to do damage, but as pointed out previously, WoG is not going to replace TV while in melee range. TV procs mastery and seals, so the damage is way higher even if you have both WoG glyphs. There is no reason for a nerf, and I think WoG falls even further behind TV at level 90.

Currently it is a very fun option and lets Ret do a little ranged damage, considering our ranged attacks no longer proc SoT and Censure, our ranged damage is actually staying pretty similar to live. Also, let's keep in mind that it takes two major glyphs for WoG to do significant dps, in PvP and possibly PvE you have to make some sacrifices to fit those glyphs in.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-07-21 at 11:24 PM.

It sux that TV only does 260% wep dmg where as on live its like 360% hope they buff it up.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Expect a nerf on wog or a buff to TV...who am I kidding,they will nerf wog
    They will nerf WoG and remove the glyph that made them nerf it lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    They will nerf WoG and remove the glyph that made them nerf it lol
    Its just a deja vu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    It sux that TV only does 260% wep dmg where as on live its like 360% hope they buff it up.
    You can use TV about 10x more though. Previous- 1 TV every 9 seconds with no procs. Beta- 1 TV every 4 globals, no procs (CS-Judgement-exorcism or something-CS-TV-Judgement-CS, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies.

Well, if you look at your weapon damage, you'll see it's actually a buff, since my 397 weapon has 1.5k dps on it, about 2 times as much as on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

Well, if you look at your weapon damage, you'll see it's actually a buff, since my 397 weapon has 1.5k dps on it, about 2 times as much as on live.
    Yeah, my TVs are hitting much harder on the PTR than on live, thought this is partially because 4pc t13 has been changed to increase TV damage by 20%. But even after accounting for that I'm pretty sure my TV damage has not gone down.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-change-in-MoP

Deleted
    they could just change to glyph to do 70% damage compared to healing

WoG already does less damage than it does healing.

Regardless, it doesn't need nerfing. TV will always be the attack of choice in a standard rotation due to the effects of mastery and seals etc. WoG will only be used at range. There's no conflict here.

harsh words looks to good to be true in my opinion. rets capable of ranged pressure? i think they are really encouraging a weird kitey playstyle from rets with all the damage we can do from range and the 4 set bonus on our pvp gear.

but if it does go live i'm going to have to macro both offensive and defensive wog in addition to wog on friendlies.

fuck.
    i need more keybinds.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

fuck.
    i need more keybinds.
    This 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm at 49 key bindings and counting for my ret...

Now we need Flash of light party 1-3 as well ~_~ ontop of offensive WoG......

Although i LOVE the extra off heal not based around Holy Power :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the aforementioned TV>WoG for Retribution rotation, the glyph remains to be for viable use in other specs. Offensive Holy play, for example.