Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone have any idea why caucasians seem more likely to commit heinous crimes?

For starters, I am a white man, but after this last "mass murder" incident at the Dark Knight Rises' premiere I started to wonder about something: How come not all, but a majority of serial killers and mass murderers seem to be white?

The same stereotypical nonsense can be used against any race, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Actually incorrect, these kinds of crimes are universal and race has nothing to do with it. However the News will be more likely to report it if a White guy in the USA does it.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    The same stereotypical nonsense can be used against any race, no.
    In regards to this particular subject? No, it really can't. When the DC shootings happened, every Psychiatrist said that the shooter -had- to be white because black men don't do these types of crimes. Granted they were obviously wrong, but there is quite a bit of empirical evidence to prove that most serial killers are caucasian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually incorrect, these kinds of crimes are universal and race has nothing to do with it. However the News will be more likely to report it if a White guy in the USA does it.

That doesn't even make sense. There are more black people living in America today than there were white people living in America during the "rise" and the "peak" of the serial killer, and yet black serial killers are still much more rare.

Over 70% of the population of the US are caucasian. I wouldn't say they are more likely, just that if a person does something like this in the US, there's a good chance of them being caucasian.

The FBI compiles statistics based on type of crimes committed by different ethnic groups, I suggest you go look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK a higher up in the police force got in trouble for saying the exact same thing,
    The basics of what he said were...
    Pedophiles were mostly a white crime,
    Muggings and gun crimes were mostly black etc..
    I will try and find it and edit the post with the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Over 70% of the population of the US are caucasian. I wouldn't say they are more likely, just that if a person does something like this in the US, there's a good chance of them being caucasian.
    This is an interesting theory, and it could be 100% true, but given the fact that per capita black people are more likely to commit murder than white people (I attribute this to low-income) regardless of the disproportionate population, so why then do we not see as many serial killers who are black? There honestly has to be something that separates "murder" from "serial killing." I just don't know what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    This, There was a radio show on BBC radio 2 a few years back about Crimes that never got any exposure, As some of them were ofr ethnic origins and could cause more harm than good..
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-07-21 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    In regards to this particular subject? No, it really can't. When the DC shootings happened, every Psychiatrist said that the shooter -had- to be white because black men don't do these types of crimes. Granted they were obviously wrong, but there is quite a bit of empirical evidence to prove that most serial killers are caucasian.
    Okay, mass murders happen in Africa plenty, am I just going to say "Why do Africans mass murder more than any other race?" No.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra..._and_ethnicity

There are more white people than any other race in the USA.

So there're a lot more white people to commit crimes, therefore, it seems "more likely" because there are just more of us around to go crazy than any other person.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    ok see if i got this working

Balls meant to edit my orignal post sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Virginia Tech was an Asian guy. (The same year, in NC [I think NC] some asian guy decapitated his girlfriend with only a steak knife).

So, my point being, I'm going to cut to the chase, that you're probably not right in assuming white people are more prone or w/e to commiting acts such as these. Unless you can provide proof, other wise, i.e. a study, then it's purely opinion.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    What does that chart have to do with serial killers/mass murderers?

Area they live in and culture have things to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most crimes in China are committed by asians, they must be evil.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Ahahahahahaha.

This. You are most likely talking about crimes in the U.S (Predominantly white) Have you ever thought about mass murderers in Africa, China, Japan, South America Etc? We don't get news on those people as often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    What does that chart have to do with serial killers/mass murderers?

Thread title,
    Does anyone have any idea why caucasians seem more likely to commit heinous crimes?
    The chart above not show any heinous crimes? Then break it down by race?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post

Balls meant to edit my orignal post sorry
    I was specifically speaking about Serial Killings and Mass Murder. I'm a Sociologist who spent the last 2+ years studying the General Social Survey, so this is nothing new to me. (When you examine whites, and blacks by income, low-income white people commit crimes just as often as low-income blacks. Same thing with middle, and high income. Income is the factor there, not skin color. There just happens to be way more low-income blacks for obvious reasons).

This is a horrible example. Comparing a communist country that has very few non-asians living in it to a country like America where there are large number of different races and ethnic groups is possibly one of the worst logics I've ever seen. If you applied this same method of thinking to your research paper you would most definitely get an F.

99% of the Serial Killers in America are white, but 99% of the American population isn't white. How can anyone make sense of this?