Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    No problem Hope to see you making a raid soon
    Another question popped into my mind while starting off my raid design. To be eligible for the leader board do you NEED to include boss mechanics/spells/debuffs etc? I'm not to good with detailing or creating mechanics, but I'd be able to write up maybe a couple of mechanics for each boss. I'm more than confident on the other aspects, it's just the mechanics side of things that I'd probably struggle on.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well my best answer to that is click on the leaderboard entries and see what those people are seeming to be doing. But then again you can create a raid of whatever you want and people will still read it, even if not ranked Could be an extreme quick raid like my example or even as huge as some of those leader positions.

My 3rd boss Ghi'dorath is finally ready. I already had him ready once, but than I got a blue screen of death >.<. It didn't save the content either

If you haven't checked our Neravant and Lady Vash yet, they definatly worth to take a look at. I'd appreciate some feedback about my boss fights :P

Be advised that the Ghi'dorath fight may not be 100% ready, as I didn't look close enough if the fight works good enough with its current abilities and strategies. Looking forward to finish the rest, altrough I may want to hurry if I'm going to make it before MoP launches.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looking good Mcneil keep it up

I am loving reading through all of these! The detail everyone is putting into their raids is excellent, makes me want to create one. Thanks for putting aside the time for the enjoyable read.

Writing all the RP is also quite a work, but thats what you get for making a very story-progressing raid :P

Ghi'daroth had one major error. Originally, there was an ability that only counted when one of the heads was killed, but all the healths share their health pool. I'm not sure if the fight is now done, but I'll look into it some times. Expect the Salandria fight to come soon, and I'll try to update the area's and achievements :P

Quote Originally Posted by Finny View Post
    I am loving reading through all of these! The detail everyone is putting into their raids is excellent, makes me want to create one. Thanks for putting aside the time for the enjoyable read.
    Glad you enjoy reading those. Have you read my raids too yet :P? The Unholy Bastion is so far my best work, but the Battle of the Frozen Throne should be pretty epic aswell. :P

Edit: added Ghi'daroth's heroic mode, the fight should be improved. Also added the new area and some achievements
    Last edited by McNeil; 2012-09-18 at 09:27 PM.

The Sundered Monolith has been updated!
    -Fluff for all encounters added. This includes Boss Descriptions, Encounter Summaries, as well as some concept-art Pictures.
    -A concept art picture for the Sundered Monolith's Entrance has been added.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my kind raid concept Leohkiin.

Lots of other great stuff in this thread too. I'll have to see if I can put one of my own together.

The Salandria fight is finished, altrough a little rushed, but I think I'd need an approval if it is actually allowed to ''bring stuff from another time'' into the fight.

The Toyota, missle launcher and machine gun are weapons that come from our time, indicating that Salandria actually traveled THAT far for great weapons. But still, I need to ask if its allowed to do that :P

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd allow a gun because you see that type of stuff in WoW anyway, Missile Launchers I don't think there are, maybe make it a Harpoon Launcher or something along those lines... A Toyota is a no-no it only existed as a commercial, just make it some other vehicle in WoW there's many :P

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    That's my kind raid concept Leohkiin.
    Nerubians are one of my favorite races. That said, I'm a big fan of your Spider Kingdom Expansion. :]

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil
    The Salandria fight is finished, altrough a little rushed, but I think I'd need an approval if it is actually allowed to ''bring stuff from another time'' into the fight.

The Toyota, missle launcher and machine gun are weapons that come from our time, indicating that Salandria actually traveled THAT far for great weapons. But still, I need to ask if its allowed to do that :P
    I'll admit, I never would have thought to use things like a Toyota or a Machine gun. Though I'm not sure that it quite fits in Warcraft, but I'm not in charge and as such am not one to make judgements in that regard. Very interesting concept though.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leohkiin View Post
    Nerubians are one of my favorite races. That said, I'm a big fan of your Spider Kingdom Expansion. :]
    Spider Pride >8<

I've now reworked the Salandria fight. the Toyota is replaced with an explosive-filled Mechano Hog, and the missle launcher is replaced with a harpoon gun, shooting explosiveable harpoons. If this is acceptable, I'd like to know :P

Also did some more minor stuff like adding more achievements, a new area and further raid progression. Also a new map in the picture section, where you can see the WC3 version of the mission. If only I knew how to photoshop... I may have drawn arrows to show how the raid goes.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully finish Kael :P

The Sundered Monolith has been updated!
    -Encounter Specifics for Azhuul'Mehab added!.

And might I add it's possibly my most lengthy and complicated fight yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Ah damn, MoP is creeping closer and I am lacking time, I doubt I will be ready for MoP... I will finish the newest entry someday though. (This is not a promise)

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I miss this thread? It's awesome.

I've got some time this weekend. I'll have something for you guys.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

It took me some time, but I've managed to finish Kael'thas today, despite being a very busy day. The fight may somewhat be unique, you tell me :P. And I hope you like an angry Arthas. Check it out and give me a rating atleast

Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Ah damn, MoP is creeping closer and I am lacking time, I doubt I will be ready for MoP... I will finish the newest entry someday though. (This is not a promise)
    I hope I get my raid ready in time aswell. Just need 2 more bosses, hopefully I'll be ready on Saturday or Sunday. In the weekend, I should have more time to work on my raid trough. If only Salandria was real, she could stop the time for me ;(

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Porgress is going smoothly for ye oh and hey Davendwarf welcome aboard.

I will remind you people again that once MoP is out my full time online will be practically dedicated to it for the first week xD So if there is lack of reviewing etc, don't hate ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see the bit about using pre-existing characters, so that's gonna change up my plans a bit.

Still, I've conjured up my own share of dungeons/raids. I'll find something suitable.

After some thinking, I've narrowed it down to either something involving the Tol'Vir or the Vrykul.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-09-21 at 02:58 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both sound good haven't heard anything Tol'vir yet.