Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up Think this is the Head set im getting

I've limited my choice to this headset and just wanted some feedback. Here we Go

Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816005

I would say it's not the best idea. Corsair are a good manifacturer but they're no audio expert. I suggest you get a proper pair of headphones from a company that does audio for a living.
    One such widely recommended pair around here is the AD-700.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-07-22 at 03:42 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    As Keller pointed out, get something from a company who's actually having their main focus on audio.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

well the problem is i want a gaming headset. And from what i read and hear the corsair is a beast when it comes to gaming. I wont really use it for music unless im gaming so other wise its a straight gaming headset im looking for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by remeyz View Post
    well the problem is i want a gaming headset. And from what i read and hear the corsair is a beast when it comes to gaming. I wont really use it for music unless im gaming so other wise its a straight gaming headset im looking for
    You're buying headphones because you want great audio quality, right? If Corsair is a great gaming peripheral company, why would want to buy their headphones? Buy a set of headphones from a reputable company that specializes in audio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    You're buying headphones because you want great audio quality, right? If Corsair is a great gaming peripheral company, why would want to buy their headphones? Buy a set of headphones from a reputable company that specializes in audio.
    he isn't buying headphones he is buying a headset.

yes i am buying a headset for pc gaming only

10+ Year Old Account
    If I slap a "gaming headphones" sticker on the AD-700 will that make you buy it?

You'll get much better sound quality.

Slap a Zalman clip-on mic and you're good.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Pretty much what inux said.

What is it with "gaming headset" that you want? The name? Flashy lights? Attached microphone? Do as others have pointed out; get a pair of good headphones and get a clip-on microphone. The result will be miles better. If it helps you sleep at night, you can call it your "gaming headset".

If you really only want a headset, I'd recommend looking at the Sennheiser PC360 (or PC350). The AKG GHS1 is also a good choice. Or go full-out with a pair of Beyerdynamics MX 300. Bear in mind though, for the price of the mentioned headset there is almost always a headset offering so much more.

And ignore the whole "7.1 gimmick". The best surround experience is had by two good drivers and emulated surround sound though multiple channels.

well i dont care much for 7.1 thing but i dont want to have more cords then i have to. Thats why i want a headset cause theres only 1 cable to worry about

Deleted
    I guess that reason is as good as any. I have "one cord" because my Zalman ZM-MIC1 is attached to my keyboard. I get the superb sound from a pair of headphones, no annoying microphone in front of my mouth and good quality in Skype conversations.

well my personal preference is to have a 1 piece setup if that makes it easier

Deleted
    I suggest you get it.

Don't listen to the audiophiles (no offense at all) in this forum.

The sound is probably good for average people like you and me.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-07-22 at 08:00 PM.

well my personal preference is to have a 1 piece setup if that makes it easier
    Then attach a mic to the headphones and join the cables with heat-shrink tubing. Sure, you have 2 jacks, but they go in ports right next to each-other, right?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i am buying a headset for pc gaming only
    That sounds like as good of a reason as any to buy a PC gaming headset. For the people who are pushing him towards headphones, think about this: Hard though it may be to believe, some people (perhaps many people) do not care about audio quality. Period. Take my wife, for instance, a hardcore PC gamer who is more than happy to only use built-in speakers on her monitor. Hell, when I was hooking up our new projector, she asked why I was using external speakers if it had one built in.

Point being, there are plenty of people for which "good enough" audio quality is all they'll ever need.

OP, if you like the Corsair then I say go for it. If you're looking to save a few bucks still, I highly recommend a Turtle Beach headset, such as these: http://amzn.com/B005DQG0BO Turtle Beach headsets are extremely comfortable and have great microphones, so you'd be doing your head and the ears of those you play with a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't care about audio quality, get a $5 earbud with a clip-on mic, there's no benefits to be getting a "gaming" headset.

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    If they don't care about audio quality, get a $5 earbud with a clip-on mic, there's no benefits to be getting a "gaming" headset.
    This. A nice pair of headphones and a quality stand mic beat any "gaming headset" i've ever found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    This. A nice pair of headphones and a quality stand mic beat any "gaming headset" i've ever found.
    And "a nice pair of headphones" is more than some people will ever need. Think about all of the people who use the pack-in iPod/iPhone earbuds--the fact that the audio is even there at all is more than enough for them. For people of that persuasion, a gaming headset just saves time. It's a single thing to buy, a single cable to run to the headset, and it's--at the very least--comfortable enough to wear while gaming. Am I saying it's the perfect solution? No, but it's not "wrong" or "bad".

Deleted
    People are ignorant.

I've forced plenty of friends with those "Urbanears" and iPhone earbuds to listen to my cheap Sennheiser alternative. They are amazed and instantly think they are $200+. Thing is, an audiophile will nit-pick between $300 cans, being extremely picky with the amount of bass, how the mids evolve and how the highs flourish, a non-phile will be amazed by the difference between stock and good aftermarket drivers (unless they flat out don't want to hear the difference). They don't need to cost a fortune either.

Fact is, this is extremely off topic. Why pay $200 for a headset if you are "fine" with sound quality offered by $20 no-names? That makes no sense. If you want to spend $200, why not spend that on something that will actually benefit you. Get a comfortable solution; a pair of earbuds for $20 with a microphone to go along with it and buy those custom mold things.

It's like spending money on a Ferrari when you can get a Bugatti (which, for the sake of the argument in tenfolds better) for the same price but have no way of telling the difference between 50 and 200km/h. The only reason you want it is because it comes in red.