Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disempathetic Socialpath

This is out of seriousness and keep it that way or GTFO.

I came to the conclusion of looking back in my life and actions and feelings or lack of.

I've discovered the chance I may be a socialpathic disempathetic type.

Please research before you intergect... I am extremely selfish. Uncaring and socially withdrawn.

I have been to a psych ward before. And psych meds... As I am still now.

And my father is a convicted murderer. Killed my mom. He will pay soon enough...

I have little to no conscious at all.

So? Pretty good life amirite?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...#ixzz1UR4Lg9oq

For the lazy ones...

Oh and I take pride in my behaviors. Epileptic Seizures... Also. And everything that says in the link is true about me.
    Last edited by Feardotwin; 2012-07-22 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added link

You are able to assess yourself well enough. So you know the possibilites for your shortcomings. Control your actions.

You mean sociopath right?

Anyway, I don't see the point of this thread, you present no discussion. That's great that you've realized you're a sociopath, now what? Do you want help or something? Don't forget to take your meds I guess?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-07-22 at 08:55 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It sounds like you've had a rough life, you should definitely seek a professional counselor, therapist, or psychologist, and figure out the underlying causes of why you are like this, so that they can help you. One of the biggest things that will help you overcome all of this though is high self esteem, confidence, believing in yourself, don't be pessimistic, always have patience, and don't play the blame game.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-22 at 08:57 AM.

Seems like you're just an attention whore to me, maybe you're just a teenage girl on the inside.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-22 at 10:20 AM.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Seems like you're just an attention whore to me.
    This is both mean and abusive. With words like these you may send the socialpath on a rampage of extreme hatred around the town of Tokyo. Please give this lizard help not insults.
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

Please pm me i have the help u need be gudder, no kill anybody

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely envy you in a lot of ways, my life would definitely be easier without the emotion. I'm Bipolar, I feel too much most of the time, especially empathy.

I'm curious about why you're sharing this information.

I have a friend who is a sociopath, and so is his brother. My friend recognizes that he doesn't feel emotions towards others, but intellectually he wants to be a good person. He thinks of it as a psychological disorder that he has to deal with, like those with autism. In spite of being a sociopath, he has done some of the kindest things for me in the ten years that I've known him. When he's feeling sick, he sticks to himself until he feels better. Anti-psychotics help him.

His brother, on the other hand, is a text book case. He's always scheming and scamming. He's 32 and a millionaire because his charm makes him a splendid business man. Divorced. He's really unhappy, he's a workaholic and has no friends, but financially he's in a great place.

I thought it may interest you to know that your suspected diagnosis doesn't pigeonhole you into being a bad person, nor does it excuse it. It's just a difference of neurology. And living at the expense of others won't necessarily make you happy. You'd probably do best in life if you take other people out of the equation for the most part, and concentrate on how your unique set of traits can benefit you in society; there are tons of jobs that you are likely better suited for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    You'd probably do best in life if you take other people out of the equation for the most part,
    Seriousness aside, not a good thing to say to him
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feardotwin View Post
    This is out of seriousness and keep it that way or GTFO.

I came to the conclusion of looking back in my life and actions and feelings or lack of.

I've discovered the chance I may be a socialpathic disempathetic type.

Please research before you intergect... I am extremely selfish. Uncaring and socially withdrawn.

I have been to a psych ward before. And psych meds... As I am still now.

And my father is a convicted murderer. Killed my mom. He will pay soon enough...

I have little to no conscious at all.

So? Pretty good life amirite?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...#ixzz1UR4Lg9oq

For the lazy ones...

Oh and I take pride in my behaviors. Epileptic Seizures... Also. And everything that says in the link is true about me.
    I tend to doubt a sociopath that is willing to share this information. A true sociopath has an inner sense of pride regarding his condition, but goes to great lengths to keep others from recognizing what he is. However, the Internet does offer a veil of anonymity in this regard. Nevertheless, if you'd like a job, let me know. I'm always on the lookout for a certain kind of henchman.

Just had some fun reading through your posts there OP. So, according to them, you are an anti-social schizophrenic, a disempathetic sociopath, have epilepsy, has a "degenerative disease", doesn't want kids and yet implies that you do want kids, and was also supposed to die at birth according to your doctors. You recently started posting again 1 month ago after not having posted anything for almost two years prior. You've shared some rather personal information lately, and it appears that you are simply looking for attention. Also, your spelling is atrocious in this compared to your other posts.

It's not called "looking for attention" it's called "seeking help". It's good he's surfacing about all of this, because it shows he does indeed want help. The reason people go off the deep end is because they try to come forward, but people just think they are garnishing themselves looking for attention when they really aren't, it's just their way of saying "I need help". People need to be a little more empathetic, and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I tend to doubt a sociopath that is willing to share this information. A true sociopath has an inner sense of pride regarding his condition, but goes to great lengths to keep others from recognizing what he is. However, the Internet does offer a veil of anonymity in this regard. Nevertheless, if you'd like a job, let me know. I'm always on the lookout for a certain kind of henchman.
    He isn't a sociopath, he's a socialpath, he must let everyone know what he is, or isn't, or might be. Just whatever he thinks might make him sound more different from everyone else.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's not called "looking for attention" it's called "seeking help". It's good he's surfacing about all of this, because it shows he does indeed want help. The reason people go off the deep end is because they try to come forward, but people just think they are garnishing themselves looking for attention when they really aren't, it's just their way of saying "I need help". People need to be a little more empathetic, and understanding.
    empathy is one thing, pretending to take a poster who is obviously a liar seriously is another.
    Last edited by kynthrus; 2012-07-22 at 09:28 AM.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    it's can be a sociopath trait to mess with other peoples heads without feeling guilty about it. Strangely, I've been aware of 3 sociopaths in my life. One of them fed off of other peoples discomfort. Even though she never told anyone that she was a sociopath, she knew that I knew, and she'd smirk at me when no one else was looking, particularly during inappropriate times (like when someone was crying). It was always the cat and mouse game with her.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No, this isn't seeking help, this is seeking attention. He's already mentioned that he's being treated by medical professionals.

Deleted
    Nonsense. As someone with a PhD in Psychology I can guarantee you are not a sociopath. A real sociopath would not divulge such information to anyone as they do not realise they are sociopathic. They seem to think they are just like anyone else and that is one of the reasons they carry on acting in a sociopathic manner because they do not really understand why they are like it.

You may just be cold hearted if you are not very empathetic etc. One can possess the characteristics of a sociopath yet not be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Just had some fun reading through your posts there OP. So, according to them, you are an anti-social schizophrenic, a disempathetic sociopath, have epilepsy, has a "degenerative disease", doesn't want kids and yet implies that you do want kids, and was also supposed to die at birth according to your doctors. You recently started posting again 1 month ago after not having posted anything for almost two years prior. You've shared some rather personal information lately, and it appears that you are simply looking for attention. Also, your spelling is atrocious in this compared to your other posts.
    Lying, an inconsistent personality, and attention-seeking behavior are key sociopath traits, to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    Lying, an inconsistent personality, and attention-seeking behavior are key sociopath traits, to be fair
    ...Touché.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    No, this isn't seeking help, this is seeking attention. He's already mentioned that he's being treated by medical professionals.
    He mentioned he's been to a psych ward, which all they do their is diagnose you for a mental illness, and toss you some meds, it's not the same as going to therapy or counseling weekly.

Medication doesn't solve all your problems when it comes to mental illness, I would know, I have a manic depressive dad, and a schizophrenic uncle, both are brothers. I don't even know why they give my uncle medication, it doesn't seem to do anything, he never talks, never shows emotion, he drinks so much water he has liver problems, and urinates himself, and has to live in a care facility, plus he constantly smokes,
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-22 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riseoftheuk View Post
    Nonsense. As someone with a PhD in Psychology I can guarantee you are not a sociopath. A real sociopath would not divulge such information to anyone as they do not realise they are sociopathic. They seem to think they are just like anyone else and that is one of the reasons they carry on acting in a sociopathic manner because they do not really understand why they are like it.

You may just be cold hearted if you are not very empathetic etc. One can possess the characteristics of a sociopath yet not be one.
    I majored in psychology, and I know two sociopaths; one is fairly open about it. You are going off of diagnostic criteria which are still stereotypes. Sociopaths are individuals with individual traits just like all other people. There is no way of knowing whether OP is a sociopath or not from reading his post. OP is not his diagnosis, OP is a person. Even though it may be true that in the majority of cases sociopaths prefer to remain undiscovered, it is not true of all cases.

If you are a psychologist or psychiatrist, you are oversimplifying the human condition and doing your patients a disservice by treating them as anything other than unique people.
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-07-22 at 09:44 AM.