Uh oh ! - William Usher about D3

William Usher about D3.

Well...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/rep...mah-44163.html

And some more here for the interested.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/bli...o-3-44805.html
    Last edited by Gibbem; 2012-07-22 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    You know I would care more but I haven't played that god awful game for almost 2 months now. Feels great.

Isnt this guy like a "Shock jock" of internet news, and an obvious blizzard troll? The guy writing the articles, not you.

Deleted
    What my dog says has more meaning than this ... go figure .

Uh-oh what? Broad sweeping generalizations and some leaky logic... No official admissions. No real offense meant, but this article is just a longer version of a post you'll find in any D3 forums.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Uh-oh what? Broad sweeping generalizations and some leaky logic... No official admissions. No real offense meant, but this article is just a longer version of a post you'll find in any D3 forums.
    Well yeah I can agree it looks like any random D3 forum thread, only this guy, like him or not, have made himself a name in the industry.

So yeah I would say his words count for a bit more then someones dog

I wrote a very long post on the D3 forums about a month ago talking about how the AH wasn't compatible with the rest of the game. I got quite a few responses, but eventually the thread was buried and completely ignored by Blizzard employees. I'm sure someone might have seen it, but they definitely refused to acknowledge it.

You realize they do not respond to every single post right? I have had max post limit threads without a blue in it several times :P

This is like the fifth time I have seen this guys articles links, and they are all essentially the same: Blizzard=bad, I=awesome and right and cool! Like when he claimed blizzard was banning all linux users...

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbem View Post
    I would say they don't. There will always be people who hate any game that is released by any major video game studio, and there will always be people ready to capitalize on that by writing articles that cater to them.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbem View Post
    Well yeah I can agree it looks like any random D3 forum thread, only this guy, like him or not, have made himself a name in the industry.

What name does he have in the industry except the guy who writes enraged blog posts accusing Blizzard of anything and everything under the sun?

edit: Lol, I just realized his post was made AFTER the big increase in Inferno drop rates. You gotta be a real hater to write a rant about how Blizzard keeps drop rates so low to force use of the RMAH a few days after Blizzard drastically increases drop rates.

BTW, why didn't he keep writing about spoofers hacking accounts through public games or people being banned just for playing D3 on linux? I guess there's no need to follow up on baseless accusations when you could just keep making lots of new accusations.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-07-22 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Seriously, who in their right mind gives a shit about cinemablend?

They've been after blizzard for a long time now, i'm betting it's written by kids

Deleted
    All this fluff about RMAH profiteering is pointless accept some simple facts;

Clearly Blizzard are out to profit from the RMAH
    They almost certainly tuned drop rates to maintain an economy

But these things don't even matter, For anyone whose played the game to its full (Diablo Inferno Kills) will agree it just loses its appeal to play. People say 'Ah well you can farm sick gear now', but you can't can you cause the only stuff that ever drops tends to be absolute shit and farming endlessly is ultra boring so the game dies.

You can't even make money playing the game as is also harped on about a lot, Sure you might get lucky (My friend sold 200 int 10% crit 50% crit chance 190 vit gloves to 250 euros) but you'd still make more money by just going to a minimum wage job for those hours you'd play Diablo, I'd even hazard you'd have more fun.

TLDR: Irrelevant whether Blizzard are out to make money, Endgame is terrible, AH *IS* Mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    AH *IS* Mandatory.
    So was trading in the previous Diablo games. You'd never get your BiS without trading gear or runes. The AH in D3 is just the new trading.

Deleted
    Sadly, he's 100% right about droprates.

I'm playing this game as if it were single player, I never use the AH and I notice incredibly bad droprates.
    This game is nothing like Diablo 2. At least in that game you would eventually find good items with enough time investment. Not the case with Diablo 3.

And it all makes sense that the RMAH is the cause.
    If good items were dropping too much, less people would be willing to buy them and thus Blizzard would make less profit.
    Making good items incredibly rare is what keeps their money flowing.

The downside to all of this is, many people are quitting because the game isn't fun.
    And Blizzard isn't happy with it, they're trying to find a nice common ground of income from RMAH and a steady population on the servers.

Blizzard's main focus and motivation behind Diablo III has been the Real-Money Auction House. Unfortunately, it's a sad truth proven by the very existence of two factors: the always-on and the Real-Money Auction House.
    The existence of the RMAH is the proof that Blizzards main focus is the RMAH. Great way to open an article..

The way to get the best gear in D2 is to trade with others, the way to get the best gear in D3 is to trade with others. Simple as that, the only thing changed is that the AH is offers a convenient way to do this without both sides having to be logged on at once.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully believe that blizzards main goal was the online sweat shop, but reading that article there...its just all a bunch of hyperbole with little factual information.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is everyone here going to discredit the journalist with "lolhebetrolling" or actually coming up with a solid counterargument? In a previous thread I made, everyone blamed me for being a troll, and even misunderstood my point and took it as I was telling them to be ashamed for having fun playing the game. Which I was not. Let's be honest though; D3 is going to survive as long as say...erm...EVE solely for the reason that the economy is strong, rather than the actual game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The way to get the best gear in D2 is to trade with others, the way to get the best gear in D3 is to trade with others. Simple as that, the only thing changed is that the AH is offers a convenient way to do this without both sides having to be logged on at once.
    I got the best gear in D2 by just finding it myself. I can't do that in D3 because somehow I'm not getting lucky.

Why is that?

Diablo 3 itemization takes into account the AH. It makes good items incredibly rare because otherwise it would fill up the AH very fast.

Diablo 2 didn't do that, and thus you had better chances of finding upgrades yourself. On top of that, trading was just a bonus.

As you can see, Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 are fundamentally different in terms of itemization and trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The existence of the RMAH is the proof that Blizzards main focus is the RMAH. Great way to open an article..

Wrong on so many levels. If you think the D3 itemization and the way item drops work is the same as D2, you didn't play D2.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    You know I would care more but I haven't played that god awful game for almost 2 months now. Feels great.
    ^^ i'm with this guy