Thread: internet

Deleted

internet

Hello, i'm not sure ifyou can post about internet here but since internet is connected to computers i'll just post it here anyway.

So, when my brother is playing Counter Strike on his computer he starts to lagg when i watch any video on youtube or anything that buffers, can someone tell me why exactly he laggs when i'm watching a vid on the internet only when he plays CS?

When you stream a video on youtube or any other site, this uses up some bandwidth on your internet connection, more than what you would normally use if you where just browsing. Because you a both on the same internet line, you share the same connection. So if your connection is say 10mb/s, you are effectively both using 5mb/s each, however if you start to stream a video, your usage will go up, and your brothers will go down as the video will require more bandwidth than what CS does.

do a speed test, and post your results to give us a better idea of what your connection speed actually is.

http://www.speedtest.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought something like this would've be self-explanatory...

But imagine a hose with a maximum amount of water flowing through it. This represents your YouTube videos.
    Now try to squeeze a bit more water out. You can't because it's already at it's maximum flow. This represents the lag your brother gets when playing CS.

Lolol, bad example is bad.

You likely have a slow internet connection, Like I. I can't have YouTube videos running while playing WoW at the same time, or else I'd lag like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by devboy View Post
    Go to this website and run a speed test. After it's finished, click "SHARE THIS RESULT", click "Forum", copy the code, and paste it in this thread.

For example:
    Last edited by Roscoe; 2012-07-22 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted

for some reason, I can't see the image of your results.