Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treline View Post
    1st: Get the facts right. 69 was killed on Utøya and 8 at Regjeringskvartalet at a total of 77 combined.
    2nd: I agree with Ianerios. These kind of threads are not for these forums.

I am Norwegian as well and im soo god danm tired of newsfeed and everything about this. Too bad he didnt have the balls to kill himself so we would be spared this with the trail..
    I actually think it took balls to not kill himself - and face a world's worth of hatred and a lifetime of persecution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmonitor View Post
    Here's the thing -

I partially would agree with this ye.

Extreme right wing ideaology will attract extreme left wing opposition.

Also

Extreme left wing ideaology will attract extreme right wing opposition.

It is inevitable.

so yea, the Norwegian Government has to take a certain amount of responsibility for producing a sociological mis-fit such as Anders.
    I'mma let you finish but I never agreed with him, and moreover I do not agree with you. First of all immigration policies are not exclusively left wing, secondly those 77 people were massacred by a guy with a gun in one event, that is what makes it a tragedy, thirdly I'd prefer a multicultural society over one that only has one culture. I like bhangra in my wubstep, chinese food with a cider and the ability to learn foreign languages and customs, fourthly as a person who lived in a cul-de-sac a family of Pakistani ethnicity moving in was the most important thing for me as a child, it taught me tolerance, that people of other cultures were human and that she became a close friend for years. I'm not sure I agree with your last point either, he surrounded himself with right-wingers and associated with other European neo-Nazi groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the trial still ongoing?

Deleted
    My thoughts go out to everyone who was killed, and their families and loved ones. They were innocent. I hope, in time, their wounds will heal.

I will hold a silent minute today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knew a simple statement honoring the dead could get so many panties in a bunch, or shall I say, knickers in a twist.

One year sure went by fast...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

One year sure went by fast...
    Jesus christ you are right, I can remember exactly what I was eating for dinner, what weather it was, who I was talking to on Skype that day.

Deleted
    Fuck this shit, this is my birthday and im not going to cry for the lost souls PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

.infracted
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-07-22 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    I'mma let you finish but I never agreed with him, and moreover I do not agree with you. First of all immigration policies are not exclusively left wing, secondly those 77 people were massacred by a guy with a gun in one event, that is what makes it a tragedy, thirdly I'd prefer a multicultural society over one that only has one culture. I like bhangra in my wubstep, chinese food with a cider and the ability to learn foreign languages and customs, fourthly as a person who lived in a cul-de-sac a family of Pakistani ethnicity moving in was the most important thing for me as a child, it taught me tolerance, that people of other cultures were human and that she became a close friend for years. I'm not sure I agree with your last point either, he surrounded himself with right-wingers and associated with other European neo-Nazi groups.
    I prefer a multi-cultural World which incorporates nations with strong identities.

Each nation brings it's own "flavour" to the World and everybody benefits from each other's differences.

Mixing all nations together to produce a single same culture in every country is one of the saddest things i could think for this World.

Single-same-mixed-together-homogenous cultures are a disastrous goal for the human species imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I actually think it took balls to not kill himself - and face a world's worth of hatred and a lifetime of persecution.
    yes agreed, still a complete lunatic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the trial still ongoing?
    Yes, 24th of august is the last day. Where we will find out what the judges have decided.

As for this day, it's tragic for sure. So is what have happened this week in Denver and in Bulgaria among other things. But life goes on.

10+ Year Old Account

Also

It is inevitable.

so yea, the Norwegian Government has to take a certain amount of responsibility for producing a sociological mis-fit such as Anders.
    Except the Norwegian government isn't extreme left wing. If anything, they are slightly left of center as a whole. He also didn't go for the most left-wing of the three coalition parties, but the Labour party instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    I doubt he is suggesting that, however, he might be suggesting that our government is to blame for providing the killer with his motive. Our laws for immigration are completely and utterly pathetic. - It was only a matter of time before something happened, even though what happened a year ago was much more drastic then what some expected.
    Pretty much what this man said, and obviously i'm not talking about the Schengen treaty. Wasn't expecting a right wing native to be the cause though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Except the Norwegian government isn't extreme left wing. If anything, they are slightly left of center as a whole. He also didn't go for the most left-wing of the three coalition parties, but the Labour party instead.

I didnt talk about the Norweigan Government as a whole.

I was referring to extreme left wing ideaologies.

Concerning immigration policy, open multiculturalism with the intent to throw everyone into one big mixing pot is just about as extreme left wing as it gets.

It is rather silly to suggest that EVERY ideaology that political parties have will ALWAYS follow a strict left/right wing path.

left wing parties will also have some right wing beliefs, and vice versa. You cant stereotype in the way that you just did.

Thats why i picked my words wisely.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm Norwegian myself.
    I lost a friend at Utøya and i almost lost my cousin aswell. I'm never going to forget the day. BUT i do have to say that posts like this is really getting the best of me.
    We wont forget, no never. Atleast us Norwegians.

BUT we do not have to go on forums like this where you know the post is going to get either Derailed quickly, change subject to bigger and "worse" massmurders etc.

It is true that is scandinavias 9/11.(More to come for sure, sadly..)
    You Americans(and other countries that are replying) that are thinking this is such a small thing, remember how little our countries in scandinavia is, compared to the US.
    Most of us Norwegians actually had in some way a connection with people that died that day, even if it was friends of friends, we saw how OUR friends reacted to the loss.

Instead of being angry etc for this thread. Please do understand how much this issue still hurts us.

I reported the thread to be closed, not because i dont want people to give supporting feedback(which you should in any case)
    But because of the negativity against posts like this is, and also because this is turning into a totally new thread instead of the original meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Especially since Europe is becoming the next Arab region, it's only a matter of time until more people are pushed over the edge and do stuff like this
    I hope to god you smoked VERY bad stuff .... VERY VERY VERY BAD STUFF

Deleted
    Rosh, I agree completely. Having something as extreme as Utøya happen here, in Scandinavia (which has mostly been seen as a calm place to live in), was a shock to all of us here in the north.

Also, my condolences to your loss.

-A fellow Scandinavian

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible thing that happend, cant believe thats a year went by too. R.I.P Norwegians
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

I am sorry norway for this horror, many people died for no reason at all ...

I was in norway at the time this happened (Hammerfest or what it was called) and my god the news reports ... I was glad not to be there ....

Deleted

Also

It is inevitable.

Should they just stop doing anything that anyone might disagree with, because that disagree'er might do massacre?

The way Norway has handled the crisis should serve as an example for the rest of the world. No knee jerk changes to laws nor the justice system. Democracy moves on as usual.