Thread: I'm in love!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Grow up child. People are allowed not to like the game without some illiterate fanboy bitching at them.
    He said this game isn't going to last long. How do you think it makes us fanboys feel? We are fans of this game and we are tired of seeing such doomsday messages of this crap. It's a fucking filler (if you want it to be) game. Now explain to me how I am being illiterate then I will retract my entire statement.

Also, he is the one telling us to avoid the entire argument despite him saying something so crude. I don't care if he is playing MoP anyway. MoP looks fine.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2012-07-22 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Grow up child. People are allowed not to like the game without some illiterate fanboy bitching at them.
    I'd rather be a fanboy, than be somebody who constantly bashes on a game and stubbornly refuses to consider alternate persepctives.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Off-Topic: While I've been waiting for GW2 ever since they first mentioned they were working on it & I am really, really looking forward to this game, the gw2 fans severely annoy me.
    I believe this will be an awesome game & I can't wait to play it. However, everytime I read something negative about this game, there are so many fans overreacting to this negative post. For heaven's sake, learn to respect other people's opinion's and beliefs. I want to read the discussions on this forum to know what to expect and not to overhype myself so I won't get dissapointed.
    But everytime I see criticism I see a lot of people flaming the person who gave negative feedback. Sure, there are a lot of trolls and crude people but I want to get an overview, not read this drama between gw haters & fanboys.

I see some people replying in every single gw2 thread and never adding anything of value to the thread at all...
    Please, post constructively and don't react as if gw2 was your firstborn child...

OT: So far almost everything looks great. I am a bit afraid of the camera & movement feedback. Whenever I play my character I tend to turn around with the camera ALOT!
    Everytime I engage in battle in an MMORPG I turn the camera too look at my character in front view, just because I love rping & seeing my character fight.
    Guess I won't have time with the gw2 combat system because you need to dodge all the time, however I want to look at my character quickly out of combat too. Hope this is possible.

I'm also afraid the world won't feel big enough. Wow spoiled us on that part, a lot of mmorpgs dissapoint me because they don't feel so massive.

But so far I'm reaaaally excited for this game . Very happy with myself that I didn't play during the beta weekends even though I have a preorder. Everything will feel so fresh & new ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Off-Topic: While I've been waiting for GW2 ever since they first mentioned they were working on it & I am really, really looking forward to this game, the gw2 fans severely annoy me.
    I believe this will be an awesome game & I can't wait to play it. However, everytime I read something negative about this game, there are so many fans overreacting to this negative post. For heaven's sake, learn to respect other people's opinion's and beliefs. I want to read the discussions on this forum to know what to expect and not to overhype myself so I won't get dissapointed.
    But everytime I see criticism I see a lot of people flaming the person who gave negative feedback. Sure, there are a lot of trolls and crude people but I want to get an overview, not read this drama between gw haters & fanboys.

I see some people replying in every single gw2 thread and never adding anything of value to the thread at all...
    Please, post constructively and don't react as if gw2 was your firstborn child...
    He said it isn't going to last long. Someone tells you that gw2 is going to die. Along with all of the other naysayers for other MMO's like RIFT, Tera, SWTOR, Secret World, etc.

It ticks us off. I don't care about his opinion. I am not surprised he didn't like it, no one should be. Its an MMO with a very different feel. More like a single player friendly MMO. However, seeing that, and then being called fanboy, it kills me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    He said it isn't going to last long. Someone tells you that gw2 is going to die. Along with all of the other naysayers for other MMO's like RIFT, Tera, SWTOR, Secret World, etc.
    I wasn't really referring to this discussion. It's just something I noticed while going through a lot of gw2 threads.
    It's late and I saw another little drama, just had enough of it ^^'. I just want some decent info & pro's + con's.

Understand it's hard to resist going all defense since there are a lot of haters around. But that's the case for every game/new feature in existing mmo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    I have no problem with negative feedback. What I have a problem with is when people express negative feedback, I attempt to talk to them about it and help them come around to a better understanding of things, or even try to point out that what's happening to them isn't happening to me and might simply be their computer performing poorly (optimization and all that), and then I'm told I'm a fanboy for not agreeing with them.

THAT is not respecting other people's opinion's and beliefs. It's what ALWAYS happens on this boards, and then what ALWAYS happens afterwards, or even during, is somebody comes in to complain about "fanboys" just like what you did.

Tired of people expressing negative "feedback" and then refusing to listen to other people's positive feedback and consider other player's opinions.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-23 at 12:04 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I played hours and hours in Kegbrawl... damn this is fun.

The only thing that can result from love is a broken heart, don't let your guard down! .

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Tyria OP.

This was my first beta weekend as well, and I had a great time in game. The races and classes were all fun to play (though after playing through this weekend I feel I will make my main an asura necromancer, rather than a charr engineer that I thought would be the most fun coming into the beta). I also loved how the cities were actually cities! Divinity's Reach makes Orgrimmar or Stormwind seem tiny.

The only real problem I had was while leveling I found some of the Dynamic events to be the same event several times (but I guess 30 random events that sometimes repeat is better than 100 stagnant quests that never change). Overall I thought it was a nice change of pace from other MMOs and can't wait for release!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I played hours and hours in Kegbrawl... damn this is fun.
    WHERE IS THE KEGBRAWL! WHERE! oh please tell me o,o!

Deleted
    This was my first beta weekend, and I severely doubt that (aside from PSO 2 when it gets an English speaking version) I'll be playing another online game. It's perfect for me, that's all I can say. I completely take back wishing they'd keep more aspects of the first game - heroes, instanced areas, missions etc as this was just fantastic. I can see myself playing it for years to come.

The cities - although I've only looked at Divinity's Reach and the Grove - were beyond amazing and I took like 300 screenshots. And heck I didn't even get to play that much. From a personal perspective, Guild Wars 2 lived up to the hype. Beautiful game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaya View Post
    This was my first beta weekend, and I severely doubt that (aside from PSO 2 when it gets an English speaking version) I'll be playing another online game. It's perfect for me, that's all I can say. I completely take back wishing they'd keep more aspects of the first game - heroes, instanced areas, missions etc as this was just fantastic. I can see myself playing it for years to come.
    I felt the same way until I got my hands on it. Love the game, don't get me wrong, but I also know how I am with MMOs. This isn't your classic set up. I'd destroy this game in 3 weeks given the free time. That's why it'll remain an on-the-side game for me. Truly do enjoy the game, but I'm simply not going to offer myself the opportunity to get burnt out on it, which for me could happen rather fast, even with the variety.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    WHERE IS THE KEGBRAWL! WHERE! oh please tell me o,o!
    Hoelbrack, where the big ice-lake is. Talk to the guy with the red and blue flag indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I felt the same way until I got my hands on it. Love the game, don't get me wrong, but I also know how I am with MMOs. This isn't your classic set up. I'd destroy this game in 3 weeks given the free time. That's why it'll remain an on-the-side game for me. Truly do enjoy the game, but I'm simply not going to offer myself the opportunity to get burnt out on it, which for me could happen rather fast, even with the variety.
    Given the time, no mmo is different in that aspect, you can experience everything in a game once but it still needs that replay value so why would you keep this one as a side game? I can't imagine you could go through all GW2 has to offer in such a small amount of time, it has been in development for 5 years. There's plenty to do, and expansions are no doubt going to be frequent if GW1 track record has anything to say about it. There is pvp which is already legendary compared to anything I've ever experienced, and there are many other time sinks.

I think people are over exaggerating when they tell themselves GW2 is that short and will burn themselves out so quickly. I still play GW1 since 6 years, GW2 will be no different. Players always find something to do in an mmo, and with a little help of added content you will surely not get bored! But hey there's no monthly fee so do w/e you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormag View Post
    Given the time, no mmo is different in that aspect, you can experience everything in a game once but it still needs that replay value so why would you keep this one as a side game? I can't imagine you could go through all GW2 has to offer in such a small amount of time, it has been in development for 5 years. There's plenty to do, and expansions are no doubt going to be frequent if GW1 track record has anything to say about it. There is pvp which is already legendary compared to anything I've ever experienced, and there are many other time sinks.

I think people are over exaggerating when they tell themselves GW2 is that short and will burn themselves out so quickly. I still play GW1 since 6 years, GW2 will be no different. Players always find something to do in an mmo, and with a little help of added content you will surely not get bored! But hey there's no monthly fee so do w/e you want
    I know the way I am. I've been around the MMO block for about 13 years now. In WoW (quick, easy example) I can't possibly rip through the content in said amount of time due to the strenuous grinds (rep, gear etc) and daily/weekly limits on completion. Sure, it's an obvious, shameless way to stretch longevity, but damned if it doesn't work. It keeps people logging in over and over again longer than any other game-type out there.

GW2 is an amazing game and anyone on this thread will tell you I've been around and supporting it for going on a year now, however given the type of player I am, I'd burn out quickly. You wanna walk around fake worlds and smell the cyber roses? Awesome, seriously more power to you. I love that people like that kind of stuff. I, on the other hand, do not so I play differently.

I like having gaugeable goals with controllable, statistical progression. Long, long grinds with clear-cut rewards at the end. I don't beat around the bush about the kind of player I am and neither should anyone else. GW2 is amazing, but it's not the next messiah and it's certainly not tailored to my playstyle.

Now that we've cleared that up, we can also be clear that while I'll buy and play it, it will in no way, shape or form be my soul source of MMO entertainment. To each their own, yes?

Got a chance to play WvW yesterday and saterday because for once we werent paired against servers that let themselves be utterly trampled. Infact yesterday was the battle for Europe's nr1 server. Where the 3 undefeated servers in the EU were matched up against eachother, much epicness was had. Cant wait for live!

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Got a chance to play WvW yesterday and saterday because for once we werent paired against servers that let themselves be utterly trampled. Infact yesterday was the battle for Europe's nr1 server. Where the 3 undefeated servers in the EU were matched up against eachother, much epicness was had. Cant wait for live!
    Ya super competitive WVWVW top server battles are giong to be crazy. Thinking about the server pride that will be happening, along with all the rivalries. Going to feel like classic WOW alliance vs horde server battles except on a much larger playing field over a longer period of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I know the way I am. I've been around the MMO block for about 13 years now. In WoW (quick, easy example) I can't possibly rip through the content in said amount of time due to the strenuous grinds (rep, gear etc) and daily/weekly limits on completion. Sure, it's an obvious, shameless way to stretch longevity, but damned if it doesn't work. It keeps people logging in over and over again longer than any other game-type out there.

GW2 is an amazing game and anyone on this thread will tell you I've been around and supporting it for going on a year now, however given the type of player I am, I'd burn out quickly. You wanna walk around fake worlds and smell the cyber roses? Awesome, seriously more power to you. I love that people like that kind of stuff. I, on the other hand, do not so I play differently.

I like having gaugeable goals with controllable, statistical progression. Long, long grinds with clear-cut rewards at the end. I don't beat around the bush about the kind of player I am and neither should anyone else. GW2 is amazing, but it's not the next messiah and it's certainly not tailored to my playstyle.

Now that we've cleared that up, we can also be clear that while I'll buy and play it, it will in no way, shape or form be my soul source of MMO entertainment. To each their own, yes?
    Yeah, sorry, but I don't see how you can believe it's easy to burn out on the content in this game quickly, when you've not even seen the majority of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, sorry, but I don't see how you can believe it's easy to burn out on the content in this game quickly, when you've not even seen the majority of it.
    I'm not going to go through the classic game-defense run around again. There's countless varying points and perspectives that have all been beaten to death. Let us not forget in the course of two weekends, there were already level 80 character(s).

Without absolutely no limitations in the game, what's to stop myself or anyone else from steamrolling the game in a few weeks? Don't get me wrong, if I were to do it that way, it'd completely be my own fault, but it's possible, and with the type of player I am, realistic. Would I have 100% completion in the areas or collected every single piece of gear? No, probably not, but it would be from lack of interest, not because I rushed past them.

I'm mainly attracted to the combat and the visuals in the game. I'm not all super into it like many others and that's fine. As I've said in almost every post, to each their own. I don't need 100% world completion to feel like I'm done with the game, but that doesn't mean I'm going to allow myself to get burnt out on it either, even by my own standards. It's going to be a great game on the side.