Blood tanking, some specific questions

I know I am going to get a lot of flack for not being max level and blablabla, well, I am working on that.

Did my first instance today again, and god I love DK tanking, it feels a lot more active and fun than the pala I normally tank with (LFR)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anmarco/simple is my paladin.

Now while I loved tanking, something felt odd to me.

Do note! last time I tanked on him was when Halls of Reflection was new content.

1.) First boss of ToTT instance, the naga muppet. She spawns 3 mobs, relatively far apart. How do I get all 3 to me? I can Deathgrip one, and taunt the other, but it stays there casting. Later realised that Strangulate should work, but isn't that near melee range?

2.) Aqua mages, why do they keep 2 shotting me?

Deleted
    A1. ok so they spawn in the same spot so when she goes into phase change u want to drop death and decay on one of the casters, hit the melee add with a DS or what ever and then kite it to the 2nd caster which you get threat on too. you can then use deathgrip on the caster you put D&D over or you can use strangulate to inturpt and silence the caster

A2. not sure the mob but nothing should be able to 2 shot you, your gear is kinda low - if you can afford it maybe buy some Blacksmithing items too boost hp and mitigation www(dot)wowhead.com/talent#jcGG0sMruszG0oZ0h , looking at your spec you are missing some key talent points. this is a spec that is commonly used and if you want to have the buff (20% melee AP 10% range AP) that is normaly applied by paladins is www(dot)wowhead.com/talent#jcGr0srruszG0oZ0b .

nb: replace (dot) with .

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

The hunter and mage packs do a lot of damage but have little health. Use your AMS and cooldowns to mitigate a lot of that damage and have your group use interrupts as well. DK tank survivability is all about smart cooldown usage and death strike healing/shielding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    I know I am going to get a lot of flack for not being max level and blablabla, well, I am working on that.

Did my first instance today again, and god I love DK tanking, it feels a lot more active and fun than the pala I normally tank with (LFR)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anmarco/simple is my paladin.

Now while I loved tanking, something felt odd to me.

Do note! last time I tanked on him was when Halls of Reflection was new content.

1.) First boss of ToTT instance, the naga muppet. She spawns 3 mobs, relatively far apart. How do I get all 3 to me? I can Deathgrip one, and taunt the other, but it stays there casting. Later realised that Strangulate should work, but isn't that near melee range?

Really someone should be CC'ing the other, but yes, Strangulate is ranged and is useful. This is what I do, though. I taunt the melee while standing by one of the ranged, and DG the other to me. Easy. Use AMS to avoid their magic damage.

Your mastery is insanely low. I'd definitely suggest reforging everything you can into mastery. You do not need hit or expertise as DS always shields and heals even if the actual blow doesn't land.

Deleted
    noticed glyphs are also not great so updated this as well :

www(dot)wowhead.com/talent#jcGG0sMruszG0oZ0h:R0oRk00