Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jumping Puzzle + Collectable Cinematic = Vistas!

So a new addition for those completionists out there: Vistas!

These are smaller cinematic overviews of the area where the vista is present. There are a few of these scattered in every area, and most of them require some small jumping puzzle to get to!

There are 6 altogether in the Sylvari starting area.

I don't know about you guys, but i love little things like this :3 incoming 100% map completion on release <3

Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post

I don't know about you guys, but i love little things like this :3 incoming 100% map completion on release <3
    Yeah so this is why I love GW brand and have enjoyed the 10 or so hours I've had to play gw2. Between vistas, skill points, and heart quests I can only assume I'm going to spend all my time doing these.

BTW which server are you going to roll on come launch? Could always use more explores to tag around with.

EU server Shiverpeak Falls. Hopefully the servers will stay somewhat close to what they are now in populations, and the folks I'll be rolling with initially want to dominate in PvP. High pop realm here we come!

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Between vistas, skill points, and heart quests
    This is one of the reasons i got left behind in story quests a little bit x3 'Ooh Vista! Ooohh point of interest! Oohh tree! So much to collect, so much fun! :33

The Vistas seem weird. Makes me feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed. I mean, it's cool to have incentive to climb ontop of those hills (I'd done half of them in BWE1&2.

It's great, shows you the world and gives you a reason to see it from a different view. But I dunno, it's another "objective" and I was already seeing these... Weird feelings, conflicted really. And I don't know how else to put that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Honestly, the thing i love about them is the fact that we are encouraged to find our way into strange places :3. That's something not usually seen in MMOs.

Honestly, the thing i love about them is the fact that we are encouraged to find our way into strange places :3. That's something not usually seen in MMOs.
    I dunno, I spent the better part of last night exploring and ignoring most of my map. Came across a lot of bonus XP, some cool new events that I missed last two BWEs, and a definite appreciation for the world as a whole.

And then I fell off the south side of the Great Northern Wall. Didn't need a Vista to do that.

People get so caught up in moving from heart to heart to PoI, to skillpoint, to heart, that they're missing the point of the world. The actual substance. Adding Vistas in seems like, to me, it would push that in further for people that don't reallg know better.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-07-22 at 04:58 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I dunno, I spent the better part of last night exploring and ignoring most of my map. Came across a lot of bonus XP, some cool new events that I missed last two BWEs, and a definite appreciation for the world as a whole.

And then I fell off the south side of the Great Northern Wall. Didn't need a Vista to do that.

People get so caught up in moving from heart to heart to PoI, to skillpoint, to heart, that they're missing the point of the world. The actual substance. Adding Vistas in seems like, to me, it would push that in further for people that don't reallg know better.
    I can agree with what you are saying but...

more things to do is more things to do, and I love playing this game. I think vistas are a win.

It's not something i look towards getting first. That would defeat the point of exploration, but when you see there's a little flag/map/thing floating somewhere obscure, it's just an extra 'oohh!' for me. I get easily distracted, so i guess that's partly to blame. But i love the little things which take us out of the grind. It's the same thing as exploring an area and finding a really breath-taking piece of scenery.

The Vistas seem weird. Makes me feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed.
    Heh, that was the first thought that went into my head. I kept on wanting to do a Leap of Faith after the little cinematic. I like them though, small little goals like this provide for interesting things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I kept on wanting to do a Leap of Faith after the little cinematic.
    Petition for little pools of water deep enough to fall into incoming! Woop!

10+ Year Old Account
    vistas are a nice addition to the game, yeah, it's not gamebreaking or gamechanging AT ALL but hey, it's nice, looks nice and it's fun to try to find some of them o:!

Petition for little pools of water deep enough to fall into incoming! Woop!
    There's a visa by the diving board in Lion's Arch.

I like the view you get from the vistas. You notice things and size you would have a hard time to see otherwise. They are also fun to stumble upon when you run around and see the "map flag" on the top of a building, and think "wonder how I can get up there".

Deleted
    does this guy have a speed buff or is that how fast you can actually run

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilscotsman View Post
    does this guy have a speed buff or is that how fast you can actually run
    Some classes do have skills that give speed buffs

Speed buff from the nectar plants i think

A great way to gain experience so you won't be so underleveled when leaving the first area, at 15.

the Vistas are amazing, I'll definitely be chasing them all down

I love how it gives you an overall world completion level also. Almost poking and teasing 'Oho you haven't got them all yet ;33'. I am going to thoroughly enjoy this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vistas seem weird. Makes me feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed.
    I got the exact same feeling the first time I found a Vista.

It looks quite pretty, but does it actually serve a purpose? I know the Assassins creed 'vistas' removed fog of war from large portions of the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin