Really poor performance

I just started playing the beta weekend and my fps in this game is just abysmal. Now I get that this is beta and it could be improved, but with my system, i7 2600k, amd 6870, 8 gigs of 1600mhz ram I expected to do a lot better than a, frankly unplayable, 15-20 fps on lowest possible settings. Somehow my GPU load is at max. (My processor is fine though, it uses less than 1 core)

I there something wrong on my end or is everyone getting similarly terrible performance?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    My system specs seem similar, and my game is running flawlessly.

I have similar system specs as you, and I'm running the game on max flawlessly.

It might be something with your graphic card's drivers?

Is there any way to display FPS in game? The old way seems to not work now and I don't want to install Fraps.

Hmm... that's odd. I did upgrade to catalyst 12.6 today, which I assume most people are using, and my fps seems fine in other games...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Are you sure you don't have the card of one of the Crossfire slots. I did that with my gtx 680 and could only play around medium settings while other games ran pretty good for the card operating at a small percentage of it's full potential. In fact there was no difference in diablo 3 when i switched it to the appropriate slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game just runs smooth for me and my pc is a bit more outdated than yours. Still, was there a need to make a new thread complaining? you could use the other performance bashing thread.

There's already a thread for discussing performance issues, please keep discussion about the topic there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ly-unoptimized