Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's pretty mind boggling that they never finished Battlefront 3 after Free Radical did so much work on it.

But no, apparently everyone wanted a kinect dancing game...

Quote Originally Posted by maceron View Post
    It's pretty mind boggling that they never finished Battlefront 3 after Free Radical did so much work on it.

But no, apparently everyone wanted a kinect dancing game...
    At least one part of that game worked well!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have Battle Front 1&2 on PS2 and my old PS2 so I can play them. xD

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    because its too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!1!
    Yes it is. Upgrade to 1.3 or find an exe with Fake Console. Than it will be pretty easy.

Anyway, I didn't and still don't like SW:BF2. TBH I hate every game in what the death of your toon is so integral part of the gameplay. I hate dying in games lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is BF III !>?!!??!?!?! :'(

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Oh man if Free Radical are making it?
    Possible that Timesplitters 4 is getting delayed or even cancelled but I hope either it or BF3 are in the works.

I have no idea why they haven't give us an official announcement or a sneak peak, this game franchise is legendary, everybody wants a BF3. I don't understand it, BF3 would be a gold-mine for Lucas and EA yet they go for "The Abominable Star Wars Kinect" and this 1313? Granted it looks good but it ain't no BF3.

Even if BF3 never gets made, we might have Timesplitters to look forward to and for those that haven't played it, PLAY IT!!! It is honestly one of the best FPS franchises ever, especially play Timesplitters 2 and especially if you played Goldeneye.

Just some of the awesome music from TS2 from one the story levels:

Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2012-07-25 at 03:04 AM.

I gotta agree with Edgecrusher from the comment back on Page 1 ..

There's been many games similar to BF1&2 .. And it honestly wasn't even that spectacular of a game ... But there was just something about it that was so addictive and so much fun.

Used to go over to my friends house and just play Mos Eisley assault for hours ... Only 1 limitation, you weren't allowed to play Darth Maul :S Force Push + Spam his Double Bladed attack = Insta Death.

Conquest mode was Brilliant, i even loved all the space battles. Honestly whoever thought up of that mode should be given a Medal. It's sad that we may never see a BF3, if it does come out one day there will be much rejoicing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I gotta agree with Edgecrusher from the comment back on Page 1 ..

There's been many games similar to BF1&2 .. And it honestly wasn't even that spectacular of a game ... But there was just something about it that was so addictive and so much fun.

Used to go over to my friends house and just play Mos Eisley assault for hours ... Only 1 limitation, you weren't allowed to play Darth Maul :S Force Push + Spam his Double Bladed attack = Insta Death.

Conquest mode was Brilliant, i even loved all the space battles. Honestly whoever thought up of that mode should be given a Medal. It's sad that we may never see a BF3, if it does come out one day there will be much rejoicing.
    You said it wasn't that great but then started building it up to explain how great it is meaning there is a secret power that game holds to make sound better than it really is. Must be that Episode 1 magic or something.
    Hey everyone

How were people's experiences with the open beta this weekend? The game's lootbox system is being blasted for being completely pay to win. These aren't like new weapon skins or weapons. You unlock perks and attachments from the random drop crates (which can be purchased with real money) that boost your character's stats (e.g. accuracy, health regen; shields, speed and maneuverability for fighters) by > 40%. It's disgusting.

TB did a huge 40 minute video about it and says that lawmakers need to get off their arse, introduce new legislation and either ban SW:BF2 or give it an ESRB R18+ rating so vulnerable young people don't get hooked on gambling.

Ye, I've seen TB's video and also AngryJoe, and here's the difficulty in the decision (for me): I really am a StarWars fan, and a modern Battlefront game that is decently made is a dream of mine that became true... the loot boxes fucks up the good game. I really want to boycott the "loot-box fever" but I also want to incentivize the making of StarWars games... so in this case I'll probably buy it and boycott the loot-boxes another time...

It sucks.

The gunplay for me is awful, Battlefield's is much, much better. Battlefront is a super casual pay to win recoil-less rng shooter, using the star wars name. If it was a fresh ip it wouldn't sell.
    Killing doesn't feel rewarding, it just feels like a means of racking up points - especially when you don't even need to kill a target to get a modest amount of points in game, then you spend the points but it doesn't feel impactful, useless you get a hero but you have to be top, so the top 2 players on a team get even better.

It's a beautiful looking game, but mechanics and gameplay wise it's so shallow and unfulfilling.

I'm glad I played beta, it just solidified for me that I won't purchase it, it's not my style of game.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Durlot View Post
    Ye, I've seen TB's video and also AngryJoe, and here's the difficulty in the decision (for me): I really am a StarWars fan, and a modern Battlefront game that is decently made is a dream of mine that became true... the loot boxes fucks up the good game. I really want to boycott the "loot-box fever" but I also want to incentivize the making of StarWars games... so in this case I'll probably buy it and boycott the loot-boxes another time...
    Buying this game is you puting green light for those kind of practices. They dont care what we would give as feedback unless we put our money after our mouth. I actually loved gameplay but when i saw that "progression" system i was instantly blown away. Not gonna bother unless they change something at launch.

Adding bullshit RPG leveling systems with progression and unlocks to standard multiplayer shooters is one of the worst things that's ever happened to the FPS scene.

Hearing about the lootboxes and how they're the primary form of progression for each class is infuriating, though I'm holding off on final judgment until I can get some more info. But as of now BF2 went from the top of my games to get list for the last part of this year down to the middle of the pack. Now to hunt down more info that's not in hour-long video form.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It sucks.

The gunplay for me is awful, Battlefield's is much, much better. Battlefront is a super casual pay to win recoil-less rng shooter, using the star wars name. If it was a fresh ip it wouldn't sell.
    Killing doesn't feel rewarding, it just feels like a means of racking up points - especially when you don't even need to kill a target to get a modest amount of points in game, then you spend the points but it doesn't feel impactful, useless you get a hero but you have to be top, so the top 2 players on a team get even better.

It's a beautiful looking game, but mechanics and gameplay wise it's so shallow and unfulfilling.

I'm glad I played beta, it just solidified for me that I won't purchase it, it's not my style of game.
    Battlefield is slapped as much more acrade now also.

There is recoil with weapons.

Spending points feel impactful. Even cheap ones like jump trooper. Playing Slave 1 is like rocking invincible code.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Adding bullshit RPG leveling systems with progression and unlocks to standard multiplayer shooters is one of the worst things that's ever happened to the FPS scene.

Hearing about the lootboxes and how they're the primary form of progression for each class is infuriating, though I'm holding off on final judgment until I can get some more info. But as of now BF2 went from the top of my games to get list for the last part of this year down to the middle of the pack. Now to hunt down more info that's not in hour-long video form.
    Well I played the beta, opened 10 crates over my play time and got a common quality perk that granted me a shield boost Because it was a common grade perk the shield value was 150. The super rare, gold-quality version of that perk gives you a 250 shield (=67% difference). So there is quite a significant power difference for those willing to pay.

Full list of boosts you can unlock: https://www.windowscentral.com/star-...tar-card-guide

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Battlefield is slapped as much more acrade now also.

There is recoil with weapons.

Spending points feel impactful. Even cheap ones like jump trooper. Playing Slave 1 is like rocking invincible code.
    Battlefield feels like a sim after playing Battlefront.

Sniping was totally recoil-less and was a game of how fast can you click? Everything else just has an rng spread. Visually they recoil but mechanically they don't, and if they do then its nowhere near enough.

Spending points on jumper troopers makes no difference other than you can fly towards boring firefights more quickly.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Battlefield feels like a sim after playing Battlefront.

Sniping was totally recoil-less and was a game of how fast can you click? Everything else just has an rng spread. Visually they recoil but mechanically they don't, and if they do then its nowhere near enough.

Spending points on jumper troopers makes no difference other than you can fly towards boring firefights more quickly.
    Low cd jumppack is awesome. Having rocket launcher is also awesome. His basic gun is also solid. And he got grenade on top of it.

With him i even managed to battle Boba Fett in tight corridors, he defeat me but brought him to 20% health.

Personally, I will buy this game for the single player portion of it.

I miss Galactic Conquest though.

That said, I saw the Finn trailer and while everybody kept talking about was the game and how amazing it looked. I got stuck in the "crate" part. They're going to destroy the game with it.

Eurogamer sums it up brilliantly. Battlefront 2 doesn't have a progression system. It has a loot crate system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 has a loot crate problem instead of a progression system.

The only way to get new abilities and weapons in Battlefront 2 is from opening loot crates, bought either with in-game currency or real-world currency, price TBD. Either you randomly receive the ability or weapon directly from the loot crate, or you randomly receive an amount of scrap to go towards eventually crafting it - although scrap costs are high and amounts received torturously low.

It gets worse when you consider there are bronze, silver, and gold versions of each Star Card - plus a fourth tier I'm not sure the name of. For instance, Boba Fett has a Star Card ability called Death From Above which grants him damage reduction while jetpacking and using Rocket Barrage. Its lowest tier damage reduction (bronze) is 50 per cent, and it's highest tier 100 per cent. That's a huge difference.
    Guy who paid dollars to unlock the gold variant = gets god mode, 100% damage reduction. Pleb who didn't, takes damage.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-10-10 at 03:51 AM.

So BF2 is 100% P2W...Ya ill pass.
    (Another video talking about in detail)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD