Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokonorb View Post
    Well one might be able to argue SWTOR is dying at a stable rate.
    How would one be able to argue that?

Conjecture from people who don't play the game is a rough way to start arguing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It will survive MoP and GW2.
    SWTOR has shown it's unable to survive itself due to its poor quality, so yeah good luck I guess.

Again much was said the about D3 and yet swtor is still here and kicking.
    Kicking? Twitching at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Also, 400k loss isnt that substantial when taking in account that TOR had the highest retention rate for an MMO.
    Sorry, but WoW losing nearly 2 millions was not so bad as SWTOR losing 400k in 6 months. 400k was 25% of the playerbase, 2 millions for WoW was not even 20%.

And also, SWTOR was supposed to be soaring right now, since it is new and fresh and it was supposed to be the MMO that would finally rival WoW, not already show signs of desaceleration. I believe it might be even F2P sooner rather than later.

I understand why you want to defend the game. I can see you are a big fan of Star Wars and such. I myself wanted SWTOR to be successfull, I even considered changing WoW for it, even more because Cataclysm was somewhat a let down. But facts are facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is bleeding members, what they will do to solve it I really don't know. Couldn't care less either, never been a fan of Star Wars. But hopefully they grow back to being competitive against WoW again.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

swtor is the most stable MMO on the market right now...it will own MoP when the next SWTOR Content Patch arrive...

in before haters

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by butch3r View Post
    swtor is the most stable MMO on the market right now...it will own MoP when the next SWTOR Content Patch arrive...

in before haters
    SWTOR recently lost 400.000 where as WoW is now stable. So that's just wrong. And MoP will bring many back (simply because of the "Hm new WoW, well I guess I could resub and try out some new stuff" factor thus leading to an increase in player numbers)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    This thread is already not looking promising.
    Also, 400k loss isnt that substantial when taking in account that TOR had the highest retention rate for an MMO.
    Completely false.
    The game is as lively as ever.
    Except for them closing down over a 100 servers in north america alone, you need to face reality.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again much was said the about D3 and yet swtor is still here and kicking. It will survive MoP and GW2. Few if any people remaining in the game will leave.
    This keeps being said like ever week...well of course if you keep saying it then it will remain true. The reality though, is that every month more people like me are cancelling their sub. The people who really want this game to be everything for them...but it keeps coming up just a bit short. Part of it is probably me getting burned on the genre, but I'm not even able to maintain the sub just to level one of each class like I want to....knowing that at the end of that road the game will be incomplete for me.

Compare that to the satisfaction I have had recently with the games I've picked up in the Steam Summer Sale, where I can play them for a few days and feel like I actually accomplished something...the game is over. For me in Swtor it feels like the game is never over, but that something is keeping me from getting anywhere I want to be. Like I said, don't know if it's burnout or the game at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    SWTOR recently lost 400.000 where as WoW is now stable. So that's just wrong. And MoP will bring many back (simply because of the "Hm new WoW, well I guess I could resub and try out some new stuff" factor thus leading to an increase in player numbers)
    Let's revisit this in October, when the first round of AP's expire. Especially if they don't have Mists out by then...they are going to be hit with a huge exodus. My logical business brain tells me, even though they won't announce it yet, that Mists is slated for a beginning of November release date. Anything later and they will have shareholders foaming at the mouth. If they don't hit that date, this could be the mistake big enough to change their future in a negative way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if stupid or just WoW fanboys. Seriously, can somebody finally lock this infested thread? It's not a discussion (certainly not connected with the OP's original post) but a bashing contest. Sad thing, there is absolutely no reason for it neither.

Deleted
    Aslong as WoW is declared as the better MMO I don't give a shit, because all complainers, whiners, self proclaimed trolls will stay on WoW.
    I've been playing WoW since beta, and I've recently picked up swotor, never before in my gaming carreer had I so much fun while leveling.

They had to many servers opened, the hype hit them right in the face. Now they'll recover since its Bioware.

Considering that patches get added at a rapid speed wich do improve the gameplay bit by bit is great. A great MMO isn't launched on day 1, it builds over time. We have full servers now, atleast on euro, yes the ammount of servers is less then WoW but when you play WoW you have a hard time even seeing someone of your own faction (let alone the other faction!) when your out in the world unless said content is from the most recent patch.
    All those servers that WoW has can also be merged together to make the game more enjoyable, but Blizzard does not do this, they are creating cross server zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was seriously not in a GW2 mood this weekend, and no other game was scratching that itch, so I resubbed. Tried my fifty, my thirteen, even hopped on my thirty-seven. None of them did it for me. So I hopped servers to Harbinger and rolled a new toon. That worked. Sunday afternoon Harbinger had 130+ in Tython. By the time I logged, after midnight, I think Tython was still in the 80 range. I usually space barred like crazy for dialog, they could just delete half their lines and I doubt anyone would notice, but the gameplay was still fun. Its been since March so my memory of everything has faded a bit. Hopefully that will keep the grind monster at bay.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chimeechang View Post
    So? Hows swtor doing nowadays. With wow on the decline, CCP still taking months to fix things, AION sucking from the start etc, etc, I feel like SWTOR is only stable MMO? So how does SWTOR look like?
    -Are there many "Full" servers
    -Is there a large active community
    -and is the game still updated all the time?

Please respond, i want to resub, but not sure
    Another thread derailed into "my choice is better than your choice cause my personal reasoning is fact"

Anyway to answer some questions OP I myself just resubed having left just before 1.2 and am thoroughly enjoying it.

The destination servers are all at high capacity for the most part of the day and with the changes to warzones (all warzones can now be same factions vs same faction like huttball) you will not be waiting long for a match.

Same goes for the new LFG system which is fairly slick and very useful for levelling, obviously here your queue time will depend on your chosen role like many other games.

Community is definitely on the up and up after the merges with some good competition, world pvp and rivalry brewing and you can always find good active discussion on the boards if you can avoid "the internet superstars" dribble who you've already encountered in this thread.

As for updates my guild leader said it right when he said swtor feels like its in a good place right now. Remember it originally had a March release window and if it had launched with .2 and .3 already in I think the game would have done much better off the bat. Theres plenty of updates on the way (check out the new HK cgi trailer from comic con) and the new operation and Makeb along with extensions to our classes story lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    Another thread derailed into "my choice is better than your choice cause my personal reasoning is fact"

Anyway to answer some questions OP I myself just resubed having left just before 1.2 and am thoroughly enjoying it.

The destination servers are all at high capacity for the most part of the day and with the changes to warzones (all warzones can now be same factions vs same faction like huttball) you will not be waiting long for a match.

Same goes for the new LFG system which is fairly slick and very useful for levelling, obviously here your queue time will depend on your chosen role like many other games.

Community is definitely on the up and up after the merges with some good competition, world pvp and rivalry brewing and you can always find good active discussion on the boards if you can avoid "the internet superstars" dribble who you've already encountered in this thread.

As for updates my guild leader said it right when he said swtor feels like its in a good place right now. Remember it originally had a March release window and if it had launched with .2 and .3 already in I think the game would have done much better off the bat. Theres plenty of updates on the way (check out the new HK cgi trailer from comic con) and the new operation and Makeb along with extensions to our classes story lines.
    I think this is a pretty good statement of were the games at, i do think they need to be a little more forthcoming with 1.4 info, people are now transferred and have ran all the old content through the group finder,, we need 1.4 info soon to get people excitied for the future content, sinces its been a while since we had new "content"

Well this thread was totally derailed. If you want to know how often the game is updated take a look at: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If you want to know the fullness of servers around the times you would be playing look at this during the times you would want to be playing: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

If you consider the community large or not is completely subjective. It is smaller than some games but larger than others. There are also MANY threads talking about the changes that have happened in game and people's impressions of those.

Closing this thread before more people can bandy about more outdated info and links to sources that were discredited a long time ago in threads in these and other forums.