View Poll Results: What should be the punishment for a police officer brutally assaulting a civilian?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • The animal should be put in jail for life

22 30.56%
  • Should be fired

14 19.44%
  • Nothing he's just doing his job

10 13.89%
  • He should retrieve a medal

26 36.11%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    If he gets mugged there likely will not be a cop anywhere around because they will be off writing traffic tickets or trying to pick up women.

The real problem with police today is the transition of the job from 'protect and serve' to 'revenue collector'. Police used to be about helping people. Now it is about writing tickets and crapping all over everyones day. This builds up resentment. Now instead of changing someones tire on the side of the road or helping get a cat out of the tree or unlocking someones car door, they are sitting on the side of the road running radar or shooting cats out of the tree.

Too little police resources are devoted towards actual crime. Now its about shaking people down for money for the state. Policy needs to change first. The police in this country are becoming a major problem.
    there is a difference between Police Officers and Traffic Officers.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Yes lets close it. Continue the American way of censorship talk we do not care for. God this country has really gone to hell.
    This country? I assume you think Americans are the only people with access to the internet? Or that you think an internet forum is a democracy?

Threads like these aren't about discussion. They are just a place for people to share their delusional ramblings or to get a rise out of people. Occasionally legitimate discussion may break out, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with the OP.

If he gets mugged there likely will not be a cop anywhere around because they will be off writing traffic tickets or trying to pick up women.

The real problem with police today is the transition of the job from 'protect and serve' to 'revenue collector'. Police used to be about helping people. Now it is about writing tickets and crapping all over everyones day. This builds up resentment. Now instead of changing someones tire on the side of the road or helping get a cat out of the tree or unlocking someones car door, they are sitting on the side of the road running radar or shooting cats out of the tree.

Too little police resources are devoted towards actual crime. Now its about shaking people down for money for the state. Policy needs to change first. The police in this country are becoming a major problem.
    I see your idiotic, baseless, anecdotal story and raise you with my own.

There was a county in Utah I believe it was that put personal cameras on police in addition to the dashboard cameras because really the dash cam isn't a very effective means of recording for a domestic disturbance. Want to know what happened? 90%+ exoneration rate meaning that in 90% of complains reviewed by a panel consisting of both police and civilian leadership the police where found to be in the right and many people upon being informed that there was video recording of their alleged altercation decided to drop the complaint. You can look it up for yourself if you want to source it, dota 2 time.

We should all give thanks that the world was graced with you instead of another blight on society cop, because every single one of them are pieces of shit.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-07-22 at 09:28 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Yes lets close it. Continue the American way of censorship talk we do not care for. God this country has really gone to hell.
    It's police bashing, throwing all cops into a big sag you might as well have labelled "pigs".

I sure am glad the police is respected in my country. Look for bad apples and you'll find them, but 99% of them are out there to do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    there is a difference between Police Officers and Traffic Officers.
    Most incidents occur during traffic stops and no there isnt a difference

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This country? I assume you think Americans are the only people with access to the internet? Or that you think an internet forum is a democracy?

Threads like these aren't about discussion. They are just a place for people to share their delusional ramblings or to get a rise out of people. Occasionally legitimate discussion may break out, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with the OP.

The person I quoted is an American also. The comment had nothing to do with anyone else.

reminds me of the hatewave going on against blizzard... nothing to see here fellas.. at least for those who arent into sensationalism

1. Police unions need to be removed and outlawed
    2. Policy needs to change from revenue collection back to protect and serve

My poll answer depends upon from where he has to retrieve that medal from :P

Do people believe everyhting they see on youtube now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you are talking about the US Police. If so I agree I have seen some disgusting things. But as usual only the bad things get mentioned and the hundrets of good things wont.

I would appreciate it if in germany the Police would be tougher. Currently almost noone has respect to our police departments and even if they intervene with some "brutality" they most likely get sued by the "Victim". No wonder that most Policemen dunno how to react to criminals with no scruples.

I dunno why but Americans tend to act more aggressiv or pitch a fit more often than other Peoples at least thats how I see it. maybe thats just a prejudice and I dont want to attack anyone personal here. But If its true and you agree with me I do wonder why thats so.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think there is a rise so much in police brutality so much as there is a rise in people and media talking about it and capturing it. the ACLU has come out with an app for androids that makes video tapping a police officer very easy and very effective. and we see the passage of laws in such states as Illinois where tapping a cop is deemed a felony. why? because they don't want you to know how violent and some times sadistic they can be. personally iv heard and seen WAY to many videos and articles of cops acting like Judge Dredd.

and on a personal note i find it disturbing that this forum would rather blindly give a cop a medal for beating someone rather than investigate why they did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be because this thread is just an excuse to hate on police without any constructive or intelligent conversation taking place.

Most incidents occur during traffic stops and no there isnt a difference
    Actually there is, they go through completely different training than a regular officer and aren't subject to the same regulations and standards.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-07-22 at 09:46 PM.

and on a personal note i find it disturbing that this forum would rather blindly give a cop a medal for beating someone rather than investigate why they did it.
    It was a lot of peoples response to a very biased poll, based on a youtube video backed up by no statistics or evidence for the OPs claims. Claims that the police run amok tasering folk for shits and giggles amongst other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with most of instigation gone, I don't see this getting any better. Nothing but back and forth bickering.

Might wanna check out our FAQ for our rules http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php