Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    PS - Vista was never good . .no amount of patching ever fixed it's issues or made it better than the pile of poo it was.
    Vista with SP1 is exactly as fast as Win7, it just has slightly different look in desktop without Aero. Most people just don't realize this because they're mentally stuck in 2007 and the negative reviews (not personal experience) of it's launch.

Not gonna even touch the rest of your drivel because GW2 runs as slow in solo play as WoW does in raids. And it's offtopic.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-09-02 at 01:05 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I must admit I'm having a hard time deciding if i should upgrade or not. On 1 hand I really dislike the Metro look (but could probably get used to i guess) on the other it seems it does do things as well as Win7 and in some cases even better.

So I guess it comes down to the fact whatever I can live with Metro or not, still undecided.

Does 8 have an option to make it less annoying looking and more like 7?
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2012-09-02 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Does 8 have an option to make it less annoying looking and more like 7?
    Yup, its called Windows 7.
    W8 is built on W7. If you don't like the fluff, don't use W8.
    :::: Intel 4770k w/ Corsair H80i ::::
    :::: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 ::::
    :::: Corsair 550d Case ::::
    :::: EVGA GTX 780 SC ::::
    :::: Dell Ultrasharp U2713hm @ 2560x1440 ::::

Pictures http://imgur.com/a/4JUcp

Gotta admit that I was skeptical and a bit angry with W8, but I've got the Pro version through my university and I've been using it the whole day now and I'm liking it. It's not that much different really.
    The only thing I really think it's lacking is a good intro tutorial after the installation to teach how to reach the simple stuff like shut down, Computer, change some settings, that kind of stuff. I got through that alright, but my mom who was trying it as well, didn't do so well.

P.S. Finally Win8 Professional x64 is available on Dreamspark for Students and Teachers. I was starting to worry I'd have to pay for it!
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-09-03 at 10:08 AM.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN