Thread: WOW to GW2

Deleted

WOW to GW2

I have really only ever played wow as far as mmo go, trying to decide if gw2 is the game for me it does look great though. Any beta testers who mainly only played wow got some opinions to voice? was it disappointing or excellent?

It's completely different than WoW.

As for disappointing or excellent, my response is that they delivered everything they said they would deliver. Those who were disappointed didn't know what to expect.

Relevant: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Yea, don't expect to feel like WoW, except that MMO feel with a lot of people around and such.

Try it and see how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was fun, leveled up to ten. But, WoW is the game for me.
    I fell in love with your sin

Deleted
    thanks guys i guess i will get it anyway

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's completely different than WoW.

As for disappointing or excellent, my response is that they delivered everything they said they would deliver. Those who were disappointed didn't know what to expect.

Relevant: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!
    Nail on the head.

Do your research OP, if you expect it to play like wow at all you will be very disappointed. After you've read about the game and you're still excited about it's actual content, and not the hype then I'm sure you'll find GW2 enjoyable.

Deleted
    It is very hard to make comparisons, if you can afford it you should try it out yourself after it is released.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not played GW2 but I with certain can say it's going to be a community of people that think skill wise they're better.. How to give out a example? Two leaders but one squad.. It's not going to go good as everyone think " gw2 is skill based and therefor bad players will do bad on it while i as a good player will do better ". fact remains there's a few good players so it's going to be pick here pick here. if you're bad they're going to pick on you and I see only a elitist community. I'm most likely not starting with gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I've not played GW2 but I with certain can say it's going to be a community of people that think skill wise they're better.. How to give out a example? Two leaders but one squad.. It's not going to go good as everyone think " gw2 is skill based and therefor bad players will do bad on it while i as a good player will do better ". fact remains there's a few good players so it's going to be pick here pick here. if you're bad they're going to pick on you and I see only a elitist community. I'm most likely not starting with gw2
    I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying, but I haven't run into very many elitists so far. Granted, there are rabid fanboys, but in-game everybody has actually been pretty nice. I wouldn't just assume how things are going to be when you yourself said that you haven't played the game yet.

@ OP: It's very different from WoW, and I've noticed that a lot of people wanting it to be like WoW have been disappointed with the game. Research the game a little bit and see if it's something that you'd like to play. It does the things that it does very well, so if you like the ideas that ArenaNet has come up with, then you should enjoy the game!

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I'm confused.
    His post hurt my head.

Deleted
    playing the weekends beta and gave up lunch time saturday, just didnt find it as intuitive as wow and gfx were annoying tbh

In my opinion, the leveling is really boring and there doesn't seem to be any incentive to play after getting to max level.
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

10+ Year Old Account
    A bad player will be bad... your argument would be that elitist people say that a bad player is bad due to his mere skill and not by gear!? wow... gamebreaking! what is this sorcery you talk about?! skill? never heard of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the game for the style, graphics, playability, and the professions (classes). There are few classes/profs that I wouldn't play at launch. I dont know about end game yet, but I do know I really like the cooperative play that seems to happen intuitively. It's fun. Which works fine for many of the players that are excited to be playing.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    In my opinion, the leveling is really boring and there doesn't seem to be any incentive to play after getting to max level.

PvP is the reason to play. No major gear grind, everyone on equal footing. Then you can see whos good at pvp and have good times

Game vs game thread and OP already decided he'd buy it.