Question Are they fixing the Early Cata Problems?

Just wondering a few things...

Remember how cata was ridic at the beginning, granted a lot had to do with the ease of WoLK...but i'm wondering if they're going to make MoP just as difficult early on?

Like.... the ilvl minimum for heroics... you could get in with pvp blues, but gear actually mattered in cata, which i liked. It actually help by upgrading boots or a bracer. 5 ppl with pvp blues to reach the min iLvL couldn't complete the dungeon. So many 45 min queues wasted. And yes i know that's what guilds are for.

Is the stats going to significantly increase as you level? My warlock was my 3rd 85, and i remember taking a 50% drop in dps just by dinging 81. And i specifically remember right before the last kill before 82, i check my stats. I took a 25% drop in secondary stats (20% haste to 15%).

I remember seeing the subscription numbers drop from 10M to 7M in their 2011 public financial info... that's a 30% drop in players. Level 100 is still few years away.

Deleted
    PvP gear has lower ilevel now, and it can not be used to cheat the queueing requirements. That is, a 400 ilevel PvP item has the same stats of a 400 PvE item (overall), plus PvP power/defense (aka resilience). In other words, PvP power/def does does not affect the ilevel. To queue for a 400-required dungeon you then have to bring 400 ilevels of PvE stats with you.

That's true except for weapons. Weapons still only have 1 secondary stat+pvp power/def

Quote Originally Posted by problydrunk View Post
    Just wondering a few things...

Remember how cata was ridic at the beginning, granted a lot had to do with the ease of WoLK...but i'm wondering if they're going to make MoP just as difficult early on?
    Part of this was healer mana, they set healer mana/regen low, so that mana would not be irrelevant at endgame. they've changed the way mana works now (you no longer gain more MP with int, it's a static number and you merely improve regeneration) Early MoP should be easier than Early cata.

Like.... the ilvl minimum for heroics... you could get in with pvp blues, but gear actually mattered in cata, which i liked. It actually help by upgrading boots or a bracer. 5 ppl with pvp blues to reach the min iLvL couldn't complete the dungeon. So many 45 min queues wasted. And yes i know that's what guilds are for.
    As others have mentioned, pvp gear is made to be slightly more viable in pve.

Is the stats going to significantly increase as you level? My warlock was my 3rd 85, and i remember taking a 50% drop in dps just by dinging 81. And i specifically remember right before the last kill before 82, i check my stats. I took a 25% drop in secondary stats (20% haste to 15%).
    This happens with every Xpack. what you're seeing is the ratings scaling up. It takes more rating to grant 1%. They do this to make sure players don't hit 100% crit, etc.

typically, this'll be offset by more primary stats. If you're wondering, the first zone quest gear ranges from 373-378 (or so) which is around firelands gear. if you're in heroic DS gear, you'll probably start swapping peices by late 87-88 depending on how much you like your set bonuses. (Cata was similar, where heroic ICC players started swapping stuff in late deepholm/uldum.)

I remember seeing the subscription numbers drop from 10M to 7M in their 2011 public financial info... that's a 30% drop in players. Level 100 is still few years away.
    I think mop will cause a spike in subs like any expac. Time will tell if people stick with it.