Deleted

A big problem of my..

When i make music, i get into this uhm.. lets call it "music flow"

thing is, sometimes when i am in that special music flow, i just cant play a single right note..

Canon in D, played it perfectly thousands of times perfectly, today i just cant make a perfeckt note.. why? i mean WHY!?

i hate it.. any others but me that have the same problem?

if yes, what do you do about it?

another thing, y'know sometimes you pick up a guitar riff, play it awesomly, perfeckt and what not, wait 5 mins, finnishing somthing else, then when you want to record the riff, you cant remember it.. what do you do about that "small" problem?

those 2 things is one of the biggest problems i got when i make my own music..

been playing now for about 7-8 years, drums, guitar, piano, bass, trumpet and sax.. always the same problem..

any sugestion?

Pardon my spelling btw, my teacher flew out of the window.

When i make music, i get into this uhm.. lets call it "music flow"

thing is, sometimes when i am in that special music flow, i just cant play a single right note..

Canon in D, played it perfectly thousands of times perfectly, today i just cant make a perfeckt note.. why? i mean WHY!?

i hate it.. any others but me that have the same problem?

if yes, what do you do about it?
    English is not your primary language, right? Not even close

If I understand what you're trying to say....so, you get pumped up, right? Like, excited. It happens to me aswell, when I'm really enjoying what I'm playing and then I start losing focus.

I'd say, try to balance your "music flow" with your focus. Btw, are you improvising your canon in D or something? it would also explain

another thing, y'know sometimes you pick up a guitar riff, play it awesomly, perfeckt and what not, wait 5 mins, finnishing somthing else, then when you want to record the riff, you cant remember it.. what do you do about that "small" problem?
    Record the riff while you're playing that riff, doh!

Start off with some scales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    English is not your primary language, right? Not even close

If I understand what you're trying to say....so, you get pumped up, right? Like, excited. It happens to me aswell, when I'm really enjoying what I'm playing and then I start losing focus.

I'd say, try to balance your "music flow" with your focus. Btw, are you improvising your canon in D or something? it would also explain

Record the riff while you're playing that riff, doh!
    yeah excited is kinda the word and im from sweden, dident realy have any english in school at all lol

but yeah tbh im just loosing my focus, sometimes i can go on for hours, sometimes less than 2 secs man

but yeah, im indeed improvising most of the times due to the original one is plain boring after been playing it loads of times haha

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    yeah excited is kinda the word and im from sweden, dident realy have any english in school at all lol

but yeah tbh im just loosing my focus, sometimes i can go on for hours, sometimes less than 2 secs man

but yeah, im indeed improvising most of the times due to the original one is plain boring after been playing it loads of times haha
    Well, Im just like you. except the english part

What is your main instrument?

Don't know if it happens to you, but sometimes I feel stressed out if Im at a "bad" musical day. There are those days when every note I try to play sounds out of tune or something. But it seems to get better when I get motivated, so maybe you lack some motivation at some times?

And keep improvising! The more you improvise, the better you get at it. Even if you are in a bad day, you learn new things from it. Don't be always concerned about it sounding good. Make experiments. Try to deliberately play bad once in a while. Do things that you wouldn't think of on a normal day. It might sound bad at first, but maybe you discover a lick or two that sounds really cool!
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-07-23 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    I find this happens when I DJ as well. All I do is just forget about it and try again another day. It's like anything really, look at athletes, sometimes they have a good day and others they might have just stayed at home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Well, Im just like you. except the english part

What is your main instrument?

Don't know if it happens to you, but sometimes I feel stressed out if Im at a "bad" musical day. There are those days when every note I try to play sounds out of tune or something. But it seems to get better when I get motivated, so maybe you lack some motivation at some times?

And keep improvising! The more you improvise, the better you get at it. Even if you are in a bad day, you learn new things from it. Don't be always concerned about it sounding good. Make experiments. Try to deliberately play bad once in a while. Do things that you wouldn't think of on a normal day. It might sound bad at first, but maybe you discover a lick or two that sounds really cool!
    improvising is the most awsome thing i know!

but yeah, my "main" instruments at the moment is piano, but sometimes i tend to go all out my guitars and ukelele's haha
    but i must agree, sometimes i do lack some motivation for music..
    talking about awsome licks, i made this 16th note triplets at 121 bpm when i had a bad day, it later turned out to be a quite nice day tbh, the lack of motivation makes the "problem" waay more clearer in my opinion.

any ideas to keep you motivated tho? becouse if i can keep motivated all the time, THAT culd be somthing right?

btw, that 16th note triplets at 121 bpm song i made : http://soundcloud.com/dj-laggspike/screaming-dream-2 (was just that lick that i came up with and started to experiment with as you said!

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I find this happens when I DJ as well. All I do is just forget about it and try again another day. It's like anything really, look at athletes, sometimes they have a good day and others they might have just stayed at home.

another big problem with me, i just cant "forget about it" i like never give up

improvising is the most awsome thing i know!

but yeah, my "main" instruments at the moment is piano, but sometimes i tend to go all out my guitars and ukelele's haha
    but i must agree, sometimes i do lack some motivation for music..
    talking about awsome licks, i made this 16th note triplets at 121 bpm when i had a bad day, it later turned out to be a quite nice day tbh, the lack of motivation makes the "problem" waay more clearer in my opinion.

any ideas to keep you motivated tho? becouse if i can keep motivated all the time, THAT culd be somthing right?

btw, that 16th note triplets at 121 bpm song i made : http://soundcloud.com/dj-laggspike/screaming-dream-2 (was just that lick that i came up with and started to experiment with as you said!
    another big problem with me, i just cant "forget about it" i like never give up
    Well, there's no formula for motivation. You need to find what motivates you. But since you seem to take music pretty seriously, and you don't like to give up, you seem to already have a lot of motivation. So keep on with it! Get in your "special music flow" but don't lose focus when you do. Think of how awesome it sounds when you do such licks. And by the way, do you have any friends that play musical instruments as well? You could invite them for a jam. And then, you could think about forming a band (if you don't have already) and go play at gigs or something. I don't know. There are many ways to find motivation. You need to find what gives YOU motivation.