Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    All these people thumbing up for society are fighting a losing battle anyways by judging from past events. First blacks got full rights, next will eventually be gay marriage, then probably incest legalized, then probably public nudity, then public intercourse. Eventually we start to questions which murders are valid and which require punishment. Society is doomed to failure from the start by the eventual decay of morals.

Once we are no longer ruled by religion. The flood gates will open and we question whats right and wrong for everything.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you suggest that blacks having rights and homosexuals getting married is a bad thing or wrong?

edit: I forgot to mention that I understand your frustration, being restricted from doing the things you truly want to do can be so annoying at times but I think we need order and justice to function properly, I don't think as a whole we could live by ourselves. Also assming we did interact with each other order prevents people from simply descending into lawlessness and madness.
    Last edited by NeonX; 2012-07-23 at 03:23 AM.

All these people thumbing up for society are fighting a losing battle anyways by judging from past events. First blacks got full rights, next will eventually be gay marriage, then probably incest legalized, then probably public nudity, then public intercourse. Eventually we start to questions which murders are valid and which require punishment. Society is doomed to failure from the start by the eventual decay of morals.

Once we are no longer ruled by religion. The flood gates will open and we question whats right and wrong for everything.
    Not to derail the thread but honestly, both gay marriage and incest should be legal.
    Public nudity is legal already in some societies, just as public intercourse is acceptable in some obscure societies and was, a long time ago, acceptable in general.
    Some murders are valid, that's why we have courts and things like self-defense (derp).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you suggest that blacks having rights and homosexuals getting married is a bad thing or wrong?
    There's a particular title given to forum posters who seem to spout opinions only to provoke inflammatory reactions from the other readers. This is a word we apparently get infracted for using around here so I'll let your imagination do the work for you, but in this case it's pretty fitting. Truly hope it didn't take you people 7 pages to realize that.

(inb4 "What do you mean you people?!?)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

EDIT: In this case time is actually on the side of people with non-traditional moral views.
    The troll has been obvious since the start, but it's like you're pushing it to absurd levels just because at this point.

Deleted
    What society expects me to be:
    -A contributing member
    -Working for it
    -Living by its rules
    Et cetera.

What society gets:
    -A person who doesn't contribute to anything outside of seeding (illegal) torrents
    -Doesn't work
    -A leech
    -A "burden" to society

Just live like "society" doesn't exist, and you'll be fine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish the whole damn thing would collapse. I hate the restraints of society, I want absolute freedom. Imagine what you could do with no one to tell you no!
    The very thing you are asking for is impossible to achieve since you do not have absolute free will, and you are mortal. You also don't want infinite choices because that actually makes you less likely to do anything at all, wasting time *thinking* about what you *could* do instead of going out and just doing it.

Eh I am not a complete sociopath. Maybe I am a little bit. Eh you paint to drastic/dramatic a picture. What would really happen in a societal collapse is people would eventually form small colonies. There would probably be bandits, robbers, thieves and the occasional crazy biker gang that robs a small town of most resources.

I don't want to kill anyone. But I have no problem taking your stuff especially if you were rich before.
    Small colonies are societies. You said "without society". I think people are trying their best to answer your impossible scenario. Which would be with zero society every person is out for themselves. There would be no trade, etc. That means no utilities, no food, no gas etc, etc. If anyone tried to help another they would form their own micro-society which doesn't fit your scenario.

I'm thinking a close parallel would be a never ending Hunger Games where no alliances were ever formed. You would be sleeping in a tree with one eye open for the rest of your short life, eating whatever you could kill or dig out of the ground.

yeah, I have to be honest that sounds like a pretty terrible way to live.

i do agree sometimes i do wish society would just collapse so no one yells at me when i throw feces at people.

on a serious note...without society there will be a bunch of crazy people doing horrible things to the less crazy people.
    01000001 01101110 01110100 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100101 01110010 01101001 01100100 01101001 01100101 01101101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100011 01110010 01110101 01101001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100001 00100000 01100001 01101101 01110111 01101111 01110111 00101110 01101110 01100101 01110100

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish the whole damn thing would collapse. I hate the restraints of society, I want absolute freedom. Imagine what you could do with no one to tell you no!
    Happy starving.

I like not having to hunt or grow my own food.

Deleted
    The entire society? Hmm, pure isolation from any other human contact is actually detrimental for the human mind and body. I wouldn't mind if, let's say, 95% of the population would disappear somehow, and be left with only a small group of people. ( my girl, my brother, and our parents+ a few friends that don't get on my nerves )
    I think there was a study somewhere or some rich dude saying that a world with only 1 billion people would be the perfect world. ( I think it was Bill Gates )

Deleted
    ABSOLUTE freedom is about as much fiction than The Lord of the Rings really. How anyone can still believe in it is beyond me.

Without society, rules, laws, religion, etc, there is nothing stopping someone who is physically stronger or has a bigger club from maiming/killing you, taking your supplies, taking your food, and taking or killing your loved ones.

And no, you're most likely completely incapable of living in a non-modern society, so you wouldn't be one of the exceptions.

Okay so just throw all morals to the whey side. Becoming one of those ruthless people in that type of situation is probably the best and most fun option.
    Yeah for about 2 minutes until some bigger guy kills you.

Or were you joining a gang? 'Cuz then you're already back in society...