Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

TLPD - What did you do?

Due to me having to work alot more the this last week and the comming week(s) I have almost done nothing but farming TLPD.

How long and what did you do while farming TLPD? I need some tips what i can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    NPC scan and overlay. Fly around find him or Vyragosa who is his place holder. Took me 2 Vryagosa kills and he popped has a 3 hour spawn cycle so keep an eye on that, I am from a low pop server though where there is next to no one camping him ever.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally park my toon in the middle while typing a document and my NPC scan was like RINNNNNNNNNNNNG RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Hi TLPD

It was awesome.

It took me a year and half <.<

Was fly from the Sons of Hodir area to Dalaran, turned a corner and it was there flying around the mountain in front of me. Happiest day of my life since I had literally given up even looking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I didn't actively camp TLPD but whenever I was bored, I fly in and farm some ore. Or when I was doing my Hyldnir daily for the polar bear or some Sons of Hodir dailies, I'd follow some of his flight routes hoping to run into him. And I had some Snowfall Lager hotkeyed and waiting in case I did. Lo and behold, I was doing my Hyldnir daily one afternoon that I was free, late in Wrath, and as I was exiting Valkyrion, NPCscan went off and so did my pulse. Tagged him easy and even beat a slow-starting camper to him. I'd had only seen him dead once before. Took me most of the expac to find him but I didn't waste any unnecessary time in the zone either.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Deleted
    I figured out its 4 exact spawn points, had two accounts of my own and my brothers account... i placed characters covering 3 of the spots, the 4th spot i didnt cover as it was close to another spot and patroled that way anyway

This netted me some 18 kills of vyragosa and no TLPD, I was only covering certain times and usually had good intel on when the last spawn was, Id also always skin the corpse and make it despawn so that others wouldnt be able to try and work it out.

I actually got it purely by accident leaving a ToC raid one night, then a few weeks later I saw it again flying from the AT grounds to do a daily and I tagged it then asked guildies if any of them wanted it, once one of them turned up I invited them so they could kill it and be able to loot

Its been reported it can spawn in as little time as 45 minutes since the last spawn. Its all luck when it spawn. I camped him for 9 days at 12-15 hours a day and saw him 3 times.

The first two times it was when i went to get food and go to the bathroom and by the time i got back he was dead. The third time i got him. I killed Vyragosa 12 times while I camped the spawn above Bor's fall. I also killed Putridus in Icecrown a total of 5 times during my time camping as my NPC scan would pick him up everytime he spawn.

I have two monitors on my pc and my xbox 360 and playstation 3 are hooked up to the second monitor as well. I either watched Tv or Played xbox/ps3 or browsed the internet while Wow ran on my other screen and just listened for NPC scan to go off.

Heres how I got mine, friend was flying on a fp in stormpeaks in wotlk, said OMG TLPD is up and heading to ulduar. Friend and I raced out there, since I was on my palli, crusader aura greater than all and I got it. Oh the rage that ensued after me getting the TLPD without ever trying to farm it haha.

I suggest getting an addon called silverdragon. Its great for tracking rarespawns and datamines spawn timers whenever is possible. For instance, you can have it scan an entire zone and if you miss the spawn on TLPD and someone else kills it, it logs the time it appeared and was killed helping you build a log of probable spawn times.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    Oh maybe i wasnt clear in my first post I know HOW to farm him.. I just want to know about other activites while farming him :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Oh maybe i wasnt clear in my first post I know HOW to farm him.. I just want to know about other activites while farming him :P
    There's really nothing, Just alt tab and watch a movie or something that's what most people do anyway <.< or type a document like I did :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I got him twice (summoned a friend to get the 2nd one) in the couple weeks it took me to get Vyragosa. I just parked in one place where their paths intersected and did other stuff while waiting for for npcscan to ding.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Due to me having to work alot more the this last week and the comming week(s) I have almost done nothing but farming TLPD.

How long and what did you do while farming TLPD? I need some tips what i can do.

The first rule of the TLPD farm is never talk about TLPD.

Really, just don't make posts, don't do anything new about it, all you are doing is making other 2 or 3 guys from your server see it and think "i'll try to farm it a bit", and now go back to wow, /who twin peaks bang, 5 more players and 2 bots are farming it!

Just follow the spawn routes and stuck at one spot with the npc scan addon. There's nothign else you can do

Deleted
    i got it on my rogue at lvl 78, i was questing in Storm peaks, and put auto run on while i got a drink, came pack to see myself flying past the drake, the hardest part was finding somewhere to land and kill it, had to land on a mountain side and throw my knife at it, it killed me, but as i died to so did the drake. and for my second TLPD i was farming saronite in storm peaks on my mage, and yeah saw it in the distance, kiled it. now i have two TLPD!

win win win

Deleted
    I'm going to leave this here for you.

*I'll just say, it says in the Video that TLPD / Vyragosa will instant Aggro if you're on a spawn point, recently they were changed and will not insta aggro upon spawning at any of the Spawn Points. This was changed a few months ago. Also, around the 5min 30 Mark he mentions the 2 Rare Spawn Cap. That has also been altered, it's increased considerably to like 5+ rares being able to be up at once. It doesn't affect anything else, you can still reduce the spawn time between 2 Vyragosa's / TLPD - Vyragosa drastically by killing other Northrend rares. *

And here is the forum board the guy who made that Video runs - http://board.tlpdresource.com/
    Obviously go to the Time-Lost bit, "Spawn Theory / Questions" is the best place to find random info which is helpful and insightful.

As a rare mount freak (killed TLPD on my main and 6 alts ( Yes yes, wasted time now as mounts will be account wide QQ)), I have been looking at the forum board for a long time and swear by it. A lot of the people involved have put in a lot of time and effort into making sure all info is correct.
    I have 2 active accounts atm, I camp Frozen Lake and Brunnhildar simultaneously.. I find it the best 2 to camp as Frozen Lake can pick up TLPD / Vyra if they spawn at Ulduar / Frozen Waterfall if they're not killed before getting to the Frozen Lake, where as you totaly miss Brunnhildar unless you camp at the Frozen Waterfall, assuming TLPD / Vyragosa gets there.. The only thing with that though is, there is a Skoll spawn point just outside Brunnhildar so if anyone is camping Skoll, neither dragon will make it far out of Brunnhildar if there is a Skoll camper using NPC scan, because, let's face it, someone sees a rare, one they want or not, they will kill it :P

If your realm is totally dead, in Storm Peaks atleast, use the "Multi Path spot" shown at the end of the video. Have a watch of it, take some notes and hope for some luck.

GL
    Last edited by mmocf454e514c6; 2012-07-23 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    That mount makes me angry. Random world-spawn mounts are one of the few that I do not have simply because TLPD is a cunt. I had one year during which I could stay up late nights whenever I wanted without having to worry about work or university, being the mount collector that I am, I decided I'd camp that horrible NPC - night after night I'd go to Storm Peaks around 23 ish game time and stay there until 7 or something, watching random series/movies/reading forums/writing/listening to music and what have you, NEVER did I find the bastard alive. Saw him dead a bunch of times as I was getting to SP, logged out just before a spawn (another bunch of times), killed Vyragosa enough to make me want to strangle a newborn, etc. Swore to myself I'd never again just stand there waiting for him to spawn because it was clear he just wasn't going to, even when I had the time to do it.

Oh and it doesn't help that I also missed PST by around a minute. Went to Deepholm to check for the pebble daily, was the last time I needed to do it, and there it was. Did the quest, got the achievement, thought meh let's HS to go get it in Stormwind. 5 minutes later some random priest in greens shows up mounted on the stone drake going "omggggg omgggggg" in /s and shit informing everyone he'd literally just gotten the mount, which had spawned 3 to 4 minutes earlier.

PS: The things I said I did while camping are probably what I'd advise you to do as well. Just tab out and do something you enjoy while you wait, admittedly I never really "actively" farmed the god forsaken thing, I just stood there and camped which is obviously much less effective, I guess, but I think it's still much better to do something enjoyable meantime than it is to run around exclusively looking for it and never find it regardless.

Transfer to Dead Server.
    12 hours after last kill Pay someone else to go kill every rare spawn in northrend.
    If vyragosa, repeat 12 hours later, TLPD - gg.

Took me 4 days, I found 5 TLPDs, and 1 vyragosa. Not sure if 12 hours is accurate, but it seemed spot on. Keep in mind at ANY given time only 4 rares can be up in Northrend - if you're on a dead server the other rares MUST be killed(even some semi-populated servers).

Scare people off by saying in general(with a link) that I killed tlpd. Only 1-2 competitors, that's usually enough to run em off.

For Aeonaxx I just checked every morning til I got him though, only took a week.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-07-23 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    stumbled across him while doing dailys or some random shit , didnt even knew he drops a mount, just killed it cause it was rare ^^

I had NPCscan running and was just leveling archaeology in Northrend, wasting some time before heading over to the family's place for our Christmas get-together.

The thing just flew right at me. Best WoW Christmas ever.

farm on a low pop server thats what I did. Its 10000x easier than using anything thats populated. So even though my main doesnt show he has the mount I know it will appear as soon as the new patch hits which is good enough for me

I waited for a couple of weeks in the same place and one day he appeared.

I had a mini heart attack, recovered myself, attacked him, died from falling damage, corpse-ran back (graveyard was near), pulled him again but this time I took him to ground level before attacking, killed him and got my TLPD
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.