Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Cracking down much more heavily on the bots would be a big step.
    It would but I think it would be too little, too late. The bots have already done a lot of damage to the game's economy and removing them, even if they could remove them all, permanently, wouldn't fix anything. It would just stop the problem of escalating further.

Quote Originally Posted by Esapekka View Post
    Mediocre stuff that was selling over a month ago is vendor fodder now. The bar for a great item will keep going up because stuff doesn't get removed from the economy.
    This is the truth of it. All the stuff you can't sell that you think is good, is actually crap. "Average" stuff just doesn't cut it anymore. Why pay 250k for a 2 star item when you can just save up 1 mill and get a 4 star? The market is flooded with shitty average items, so the price has gone way down. On top of that, everyone who is still playing has already geared out with all the average shit they need and is looking for better.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Which means that farming is essentially less effective than it already was.
    This may be true in a raw gold per hour ratio (I don't think so, but I'll grant that it's debatable). However, it's gotten much easier to get more/better gear with less invested effort. This thing can't be measured in gold per hour. It's about effort for reward. So it kinda depends on what you're farming for.

To get a char into an Act I gearset takes less than 200k gold (>1 hour farming). This is way less effort than it was a month and a half ago. You can gear into the ability to reasonably beat Act III with some deaths for 10-15 mill (15-25 hours farming [depending on drops]). These are all reasonable numbers.

The thing that's gotten harder is getting to the "Farm Act III" point and beyond. This requires a lot of effort. But, to be fair, that "let's take my char from good to godly" journey is pretty much the whole point of the game. For better or worse, that IS the endgame - and should take effort and time.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-07-23 at 05:07 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Items have no lvl requirements and stats are really linear. Its easier to transfer my good stuff to the char im playing than spending a ton of gold getting another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    I really hope people are finally getting tired of this charade with the AH and start boycotting the game. Maybe (just maybe) Blizzard will finally realize the atrocious decisions they've made with this and actually start repairing em... if there is still someone to care at that point.
    Just what do you expect to be done differently? What outcome did you think was going to happen? The current state of the D3 economy is the end result of pretty much any process possible.

I'm slowly begining to think that nothing's wrong. On a scale of 1 to 10, items that are a 1-8 sell for low to decent prices. 9s and 10s sell for a bunch. Beating the game requires like a 7, so who cares? What, exactly, is the bad part of this system?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

IMO the players themselves are selling crap for stupidly high prices, I have sold 12 gah items today and 3 rmah items since midnight,,,,,,,stop being greedy ppl, when a crappy weapon upgrade cost 2200000000000 gold and one about the same cost 8 dollars or 250k guess what a player struggling to level will buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    does gold ever sell on RMAH [eu]?

posted 2m a few days ago, they are still there :{

Only thing that's really been selling for me is +exp gear that stuff moves real quick!

You can still sell stuff you just have to be realistic about what is actually going to sell.

If a single gear upgrade for you is going to cost 5m, do you really expect "100k trash" to sell? The market is FLOODED with that type of gear. Instead of complaining, maybe list it for a realistic price, like HALF PRICE of the closest thing on the AH. Better to sell it and make some gold than have it sit in your stash devaluing even further.

Firecrest has it right. The game can be beaten with the stuff that's been flipped on the AH for like 50k now. What I enjoy most about this game is when I find the AWESOME items, manage to flip them on the AH and can afford to upgrade some pieces. Simple logic - I can't find an AWESOME item every day, or it wouldn't be an AWESOME item.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-07-24 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    It would but I think it would be too little, too late. The bots have already done a lot of damage to the game's economy and removing them, even if they could remove them all, permanently, wouldn't fix anything. It would just stop the problem of escalating further.
    Yep in a months time an item will have a starting bid of 4 SOJ's and a buyout of 28 SOJ's

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Actually it's called consumer base reduction.
    Countless bots = Tons of item to sell
    Less players = Less potential buyers.

Combining the above two things and you got greatly reduced sales.
    It's kind of funny that you were complaining about how expensive everything was on the AH not so long ago.

And Dannyl, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Guess all those complaints about how the gold farmers caused too much inflation didn't pan out?

The bots are farming gold, they're not doing 5 stack NV runs in Act 3 for items to sell on the AH.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-07-24 at 05:58 AM.

I'd sell more stuff on the AH if all the drops I got weren't completely useless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's kind of funny that you were complaining about how expensive everything was on the AH not so long ago.

And Dannyl, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Guess all those complaints about how the gold farmers caused too much inflation didn't pan out?

The bots are farming gold, they're not doing 5 stack NV runs in Act 3 for items to sell on the AH.
    Last I checked you don't need NV stacks to farm gold and to play the AH, but yeah, pretty much the way last time we spoke.