Poll: What was the WvWvW situation in your group of servers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only played WvW for a couple of hours this BWE.
    In that time we took Stonemist Castle and killed an ArenaNet dev.

The rest of the weekend the server didn't perform as well as it usually does.

I blame myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    You bastards. We were SoS. Near the end of the event we were so outnumbered and sandwiched between the two other servers. We had no real plans, and only a few seemed to know about supplies and siege weapons. I think the better players were off doing other things.

WvW is going to rely heavily on guilds taking control and working in numbers.

but it was still close between the 3, I think the top spot had it well under control though, but couldn't push to completely dominate.
    My Guild from Jade Quarry (Kitty Legion) took your keep in the bay area. Damn near took forever but good god was that an AMAZING SIEGE that is the most fun I have had in WvW to date. Took us about 2 or 3 hours to take it because we kept getting pushed back by the horde of your server. But our team managed to pull it off with just under 40 people. We even got to claim the keep for our guild after we took it I think I would pay 60 $ alone to play wvw in this game. It is well worth it for me.

http://i.imgur.com/ZGk0F.jpg?1
    That was the small squad I commanded from our guild help lead the attack on the keep. Image is a little too big for the forums so check it out for a nice screen shot of the inner keep.
    Last edited by Velkeri; 2012-07-23 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    EU underworld, was third but wasn't completely stomped, it was mostly a fair fight.

Sadly Sanctum of Rall was stomped into sumbmission all weekend. first place always doubled or tripled our score, and we were constantly 15 - 20k behind second. I think I'll be rolling on another server for launch

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoDomini View Post
    Sadly Sanctum of Rall was stomped into sumbmission all weekend. first place always doubled or tripled our score, and we were constantly 15 - 20k behind second. I think I'll be rolling on another server for launch
    I wouldn't count this weekend's performance in the books just yet. The Gaiscioch will be running large scale WvWvW events on Sanctum of Rall upon launch. We surely aren't going to give our enemies a sneak peak at how we're going to manhandle them just yet. Have faith in Sanctum of Rall and we'll show you a well deserved victory. Just not before launch. You don't show your playbook to your enemy at the scrimmage .

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus don't they shuffle the deck with each reset (whatever that means) so that servers will eventually balance each other out and one doesn't constantly dominate the group?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to WvW, but by the second day SoS was dominated and sandwiched.

I hope it changes during release.

I played on the crystal desert and we literally dominated in every match through out the beta weekend. The score for the last match we played on Sunday was 135,234 Crystal Desert, Meguuna 32,450, Divinity Coast 33,120

Our world was being dominated with like 2% of the map. Respect for those who still fought. I didn't do any WvWvW this weekend because I knew it was going to be boring getting rained down upon by arrow carts.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server Sanctum of Rall, Which i didn't do WvWvW but kept checking it once in awhile and it kept changing between the 3 worlds.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoDomini View Post
    You're incorrect i saw sanctum of rall dominating multiple times. It fluctuated alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkeri View Post
    My Guild from Jade Quarry (Kitty Legion) took your keep in the bay area. Damn near took forever but good god was that an AMAZING SIEGE that is the most fun I have had in WvW to date. Took us about 2 or 3 hours to take it because we kept getting pushed back by the horde of your server. But our team managed to pull it off with just under 40 people. We even got to claim the keep for our guild after we took it I think I would pay 60 $ alone to play wvw in this game. It is well worth it for me.

http://i.imgur.com/ZGk0F.jpg?1
    That was the small squad I commanded from our guild help lead the attack on the keep. Image is a little too big for the forums so check it out for a nice screen shot of the inner keep.
    Nice, I like how you can fly your guild banners on the keeps walls.

DarkHaven,Jade Quarry and Sea of Sorrows. DarkHaven were the baddies and had superior numbers shame our two servers didn't team up against them. What was the annoying thing is DarkHaven didn't go after the main castle but instead came down to siege our southern keeps. I was thinking "Come on you guys leave us alone and attack their castle, its closer anyway!"

I am so going to join a pvp guild, the lack of organisation was frustrating although I did enjoy the fact only a few people can, if done correctly, siege outposts and keeps, just not castles. So there is something for smaller groups - hit and run missions.

Anet have certainly done well with WvW.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I tried to WvW, but by the second day SoS was dominated and sandwiched.

I hope it changes during release.
    Even though we were sandwiched between greater numbers the lack of a strategy from the SoS players was our downfall. Running head on into arrow carts and other siege weapons like lemmings is NOT the way to do it. Got to fight fire with fire, and also deny them supplies and reinforcements.

Deleted
    Augury Rock[FR] was on top every time I checked except when it was fighting Fort Ranik[FR] and Desolation. That was pretty even and fluctuating. I wonder how long it will take them to gauge server ability and make exciting matches!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    I played on the crystal desert and we literally dominated in every match through out the beta weekend. The score for the last match we played on Sunday was 135,234 Crystal Desert, Meguuna 32,450, Divinity Coast 33,120
    I was on Maguuma, and we were trying to take some small forts in the NE part of the map. Was fun.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Deleted
    Did WvWvW most BWE1 & BWE2 along with sPVP
    This weekend did little sPVP mostly focused on WvWvW & PVE found a guild, had a ton of fun in WvWvW playing without friends isn't as fun

Was playing on mostly Gandara we was number 1 for the last BWE but not too far ahead like
    Augury Rock, Fort Ranik & Desolation (tried them all)
    The top 3 WvWvW worlds according to results from BWE1
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-07-23 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Played on Eu-Vabbi. Day One we completely dominated the other teams, but on the next two days it was a fairly evn split three ways.