samsung 830 series - bsod issue

I have bought the SSD above, it's really good and all, the system speed has gone up a lot.

The only thing that bugs me is that i'm getting consistently more bsod events. I tried to update the firmware but it seems that i already have the lates one.

Any other has the same SSD and this kind of issue? I don't think it's an HW fault - at least.

Possibly a bad OS installation? I can try to wipe the disc and reinstall everything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I have bought the SSD above, it's really good and all, the system speed has gone up a lot.

The only thing that bugs me is that i'm getting consistently more bsod events. I tried to update the firmware but it seems that i already have the lates one.

Any other has the same SSD and this kind of issue? I don't think it's an HW fault - at least.

Possibly a bad OS installation? I can try to wipe the disc and reinstall everything.
    You're going to have to be more specific then that.

The BSoD when it occurs, what are you doing?
    When you see the BSoD come by what do you see it saying at the top of the screen in caps, generally something like "BAD_POOL_CALLER" only with your specific error.
    When you see the BSoD come by what do you see it saying at the bottom of the screen in a "0x0000007" format, just the first of the entire line sentence that isn't between "()"?

etc.

Can you take a photograph of the BSOD, upload it to imgur and then link it here?

Did you do a clean install in the first place or did you clone your OS over?

I imagined you needed more details, as soon as it happens again, i will provide a screen. That anyway happens randomly - usually i'm playing WoW or Diablo3, but i don't think it's related to that.

The first was a clean install of the OS, it just started recently i'm using it form a month ago more or less, it just started last days.

Sorry i don't have atm more details. I tried with a minudump viewer but it doesn't find me anything; also i tried to look at the event register and i didn't find nothing that seems related to that. I will dig them more anyway to look if i find something more.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 03:28 PM ----------

i managed to recver the mindump of yesterday, here's the pic of the bluescreen through bluescreenviewer

http://i.imgur.com/XUJ5X.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a video issue. Try downloading new video drivers from Nvidia/AMD, or from Intel if you are using onboard. If a newer driver is causing it, you can also try installing a driver that is a few versions old to see if it stops the blue screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Download Driver Cleaner from Phyxion.net

Download the latest (or older version) of your graphics card drivers.

Reboot to Windows Safe Mode

Install Driver Cleaner

Tell it to Analyze for AMD/ATi drivers.

Run it in safe mode and tell it to remove your graphic drivers by selecting all the files.

Let it clean it out, it will ask for a reboot, let it reboot normally, log into your standard windows then reboot to safe mode again. (Note: DO NOT INSTALL STUFF AT THIS TIME!)

repeat this process 3 times (to be sure) and you'll likely be left with 1 or 2 DLLs that simply cannot be removed or it will be clean.

After this reboot to normal mode yet again and install the latest graphics driver you downloaded earlier.

Afterwards you go to Microsoft.com and download the latest DirectX software, if necessary you simply google dxwebsetup.exe and install it.

Reboot after installation (even though it doesn't ask you).

Try it out and probably PROFIT???

Thanks everyone for the help Got from nvidia site the 296 release (301 the latest, 304 is in beta, i had 301 installed). Now doing the steps above and see if it gets solved.