Thread: LF an fps game

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LF an fps game

Im sick of Battlefield and counterstrike. CoD isnt my style. L42 got boring... TF2 im playing atm but i treat it as a different type of game (2good for fps :P)

What can you recommend for me?

Deleted
    Have you tried Tribes Ascend?

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Im sick of Battlefield and counterstrike. CoD isnt my style. L42 got boring... TF2 im playing atm but i treat it as a different type of game (2good for fps :P)

What can you recommend for me?
    If your a battlefield fan, then there is no hope for you. You have come to love a lower quality and standard of fps, and therefore will not find another fps you enjoy

On the other hand, i know what you said i recommend cod

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

You could check out Blacklight: Retribution, which is F2P.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20..._7_suggest__13

I second both Tribes Ascend and Blacklight: Retribution

Most time I've ever put into F2P games.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

If you like abit of oldschool, you could give Quake-LIVE a try. Its basicly Quake III Arena in your browser.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Tribes Ascend and Blacklight Retribution thirded.

Quote Originally Posted by Musky View Post

this pretty much

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for Planetside 2.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if your looking for multiplayer or not? If not then I'm probably gonna be a tiny minority in saying I had fun playing Bulletstorm. If you can get it for like 20 bucks it's not a bad single player game.

Deleted
    pick up call of duty united offensive - Still better than any of the new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Depends if your looking for multiplayer or not? If not then I'm probably gonna be a tiny minority in saying I had fun playing Bulletstorm. If you can get it for like 20 bucks it's not a bad single player game.
    I doubt you are a tiny minority that had fun with Bulletstorm. All my friends and I did. It was just short for a full priced game, and a huge part of FPS's is the online part (at least for us) and well ... yea.

Deleted
    Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty nice if you like fast-paced shooting.

If you like some mindless, dynamic slaughter then try Serious Sam 1 (first or second encounter) or Serious Sam 3 (BFE = before first encounter)

If you want some story with diverse gameplay get half-life 2 with episodes.

Personally I like Unreal 1, but I guess old graphics will turn away most casual gamers.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    u should wait for the game warface looks awesome just google it

greetz

I'd really like a new Quake at this point, in the vein of Quake 2/3 again. I really miss the days when rocket jumping around Tokay's Towers and duelling people on The Edge or playing CTF in Warehouse were the epitome of skill.

Also, waiting on Hawken to drop. http://www.playhawken.com/

BLR

F2P thing does get annoying though, having to earn GP as you play to upgrade items/weapons, plus the level restrictions in general.

Overall the beginner items still do well so not an upgrade requirement to really excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    You could check out Blacklight: Retribution, which is F2P.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20..._7_suggest__13
    Perfect World. E-yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Perfect World. E-yuck.
    I had a really bad experience with Rusty Hearts, but I will again vouch that BL:R is definitely awesome and plays well.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by deathlink View Post
    If your a battlefield fan, then there is no hope for you. You have come to love a lower quality and standard of fps, and therefore will not find another fps you enjoy

On the other hand, i know what you said i recommend cod
    I know this is off topic, but you are SO WRONG, claming that Battlefield is a lower quality and lower standard fps, especially when compared to CoD. I'm not a fan boy I actually like and play both. BF is a semi-realistic (bullet drop over long distance, vehicle combat) squad based shooter, where as CoD is more or less strait team based shooter with SOME aspects of team co-operation (lol Capture the flag/Domination/Search and Destroy). CoD is strictly small maps, which favors "death match" style of play (get more tickets/points before the other team) with the ability to use 1 of like 3 vehicles that can only be achieved after reaching a certain # on the "kill streak meter", BF on the other hand has Large expansive maps, most of which have vehicles that are pretty much accessible through out the entire match- unless the enemy team blows it up, plus with recently released DLC offers the same game play as CoD with close quarters (small maps). Then there is graphics, both try to emulate reality, they just go about it differently. This is where one could say the standards of quality are different, but its merely personal opinion. I don't play CoD much because I don't like its art style, while I play BF3 more because of its art style and vastly superior game play.

TBH you seem more like a troll than any thing else.

Now back to being on topic: Trips 2/Ascend is amazingly fun, with the biggest difficulty being mastering "skiing". Global Agenda was/is A good one (I think that is a more recent steam release that was like combat arms- and not the futuristic gun toting F2PMMO)- an mmo styled 3rd person would be APB. Walking Dead is a good 5 part (part 2 just released) zombie killer/survival single player that's got a good story based in the same world as the Book and the Television show. you have the Armas if you want a good war type simulator.