15+ Year Old Account

PvP class balance as of now

Hello friends, I've been eagerly waiting to return to the game after I quit (it was the time with the messed-up world pvp objectives, gross population imbalances and so on).
    I'm playing Republic, so I guess I'm still off to see much more Imps - that fact does not bother me. What I'm interested in is the PvP balance - I'm playing a Scoundrel (Operative), and I wonder if I will be viable. Some general facts about PvP balance are welcome as well.

I'm also dying to know the Warzone Win/Loss rate. Thank you.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Deleted
    Operatives are strong, especially as healers. They've lost quite a chunk of their burst potential as DPS though - yet they still remain viable aswell.
    Marauders and PowerTech also do extremely well currently. There are a few specs that do sub-par, but not really a class as a whole. In rated WZ's I find it comes down to teamplay and abusing the abilities you do have, versus stacking specific classes.

Aas for the win/loss, I think it depends heavily on your server. On my server, the random WZ's are spread pretty evenly between Republic and Imperials.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Hello friends, I've been eagerly waiting to return to the game after I quit (it was the time with the messed-up world pvp objectives, gross population imbalances and so on).
    I'm playing Republic, so I guess I'm still off to see much more Imps - that fact does not bother me. What I'm interested in is the PvP balance - I'm playing a Scoundrel (Operative), and I wonder if I will be viable. Some general facts about PvP balance are welcome as well.

I'm also dying to know the Warzone Win/Loss rate. Thank you.
    operative + sludge applicator + guard and peels = win.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

well tbh its the most balanced game ever imo but haters will come soon and turn this thread into a flamefest because the ololo wow ololo pvp is so much more balanced...yeah sure...-.-

As heal you're the best mobile healer in the game. Those dots and that insta TA heal is win for spreading some love around.

As DPS you gotta play smart. Stop trying to be superman. Your strength lies in jumping a player while he/she is distracted with someone else. So for instance he's on a healer jump him stun him help the healer live because the healer helps you live. Double teaming with another DPS is pretty much WIN.

And regardless of spec while defending use delaying tactics instead of trying to kill em all solo.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part pvp is pretty well balanced among the classes, although a few specs could use some love, those being Scor/Sage DPS, and DPS Mercs/Commandos. If left alone either class can tear it up, but they are probably the easiest classes to kill 1v1, especially for melee, and thus usually targeted first and taken out.

The biggest thing about PvP in swtor is to figure out your role in each WZ, and if you stick to that, generally you will succeed, unless your team is vastly under geared. Play for the objectives and not the medal count, as winning a WZ provides a better pay out than losing does with a crap ton of medals.

It seems pretty good, although I am not playing ranked yet so take this from a more casual perspective. I know they are Fotm month, but my 50 marauder(1st toon rolled at launch) is very strong these days. Although I find sents/mara very killable on my alts(pre 50 sniper/vanguard perspective though). From what I can tell only Mercenaries are in a bad spot PvP wise and the rest of the classes are pretty solid these days.
    Last edited by Drakos; 2012-07-24 at 07:19 AM.

What is everyones theory about Gunslingers in PvP???

Quote Originally Posted by JustWyatt View Post
    Gunslingers, like any class you got to play to your strength. You have the range use it and with the cover system those annoying leapers got to walk up to you. Bunker down is very strong and if used right will give you an easy win. I love poping guard on a gunslinger/sniper because they mitigate so much damage on theor own sometimes with guard they live for so long dishing out all kinds of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by JustWyatt View Post
    Gunslingers essentially have to choose a role in pvp based off their spec.

Marksmen: Almost entirely weapon damage. They have to target light armor targets to maximize their output. (Assassin)

Engineering: Weird spec. Very combo oriented. Reminds me a lot of Brand from League. All around "Okay" but excels at objectives like defending a point in alderaan or a gate in void star. (Defender)

Dirty fighting: This is the spec I suggest. Deals mixed damage and requires little set up and good cool down reduction on key utility abilities. (Fighter)

Edit: just so its clear.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-07-25 at 10:44 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -