Skill Cap in MoP

Skill cap will be raised significantly in MoP, taking the amount of new abilities and the huge diversity in specs (hopefully).

Thats my thoughts, what do you think?

I feel like it'll just be more rng. It's only a feeling from the few videos I've seen though. Haven't played MoP yet.

I'm going to wait before even speculating if it'll have a higher skill cap or not, to be honest. I'll find out when MoP is released and everything, but right now, it's kind of hard to tell.

more dps healing and more instant procs of cc healing dps, ya looking more of the same.

Deleted
    My opinion:

-> raise in skill cap
    -> growth of the difference in skill between players
    -> more QQ / feeling of unbalanced game then ever before
    -> GW2 (/jk )

nothing will change.

more skills? yea for some statistic there will be more skills but its not likely you will use shitloads of more skills(including here new "diversity in specs"). someone will do the math and 95% of players will run with skills that math shows the best.

Im really curious if Arenas will feel more like a poker with all those possible builds or if it will just fall back to the "cookie cutter" build for each spec.

I hope for the first as there will be more fun, sure it can feel less balanced in small scale PvP but what I hope again is that on the other hand new gear system will push the PvP balance back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    nothing will change.

more skills? yea for some statistic there will be more skills but its not likely you will use shitloads of more skills(including here new "diversity in specs"). someone will do the math and 95% of players will run with skills that math shows the best.
    We're takling PvP, not PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    Im really curious if Arenas will feel more like a poker with all those possible builds or if it will just fall back to the "cookie cutter" build for each spec.

I hope for the first as there will be more fun, sure it can feel less balanced in small scale PvP but what I hope again is that on the other hand new gear system will push the PvP balance back to normal.
    I don't think there is enough diversity in the talents to make it like poker. There will still be cookie cutter specs, but there will be some situations where one talent is better than the other.

On beta it definitely feels like the skill cap has been raised. This could just be the "noob" effect we are all experiencing right now as we scramble to learn our new abilities and updated rotations/spells. I definitely feel like managing cooldowns is the main source of this increased skill cap we will see in mists even after people l2p their character again. There are so many new defensive/heal counter abilities in the game that it's making for some fun "chess" duels on beta.

The only increased skillcap will be managing spec and glyphs well.

Burst looks the same and rotations have been dummed down in a lot of cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no skill cap that could save you from OP classes being OP.

Like I posted on some guys youtube thing that he was talking about that skill plays a role but it is shrinking each expansion. He was talking about how there are just too much in the terms of counter classes or counter roles that WoW's PvP has no true skill cap but gives an edge to someone who knows more than the beginner. In the end, Warlocks will be mowed down and destroyed by Melee, Feral Druids won't be controlled, Burst classes will global people.

MoP gives some survival but is still a band aid for the entire purpose of PvP. Until they find a way to remove burst from the game or make it so you cant be global without destroying the other classes that don't burst but sustain damage, PvP in WoW will always be broken, Always the same Comp being used over and over, & the lack of developers putting time into this portion of their game is insulting. I have never seen so many problems with a portion of your game that is a large portion of your players that you ignore them. People may say I'm being unjustified but if I had a large player base that loved to PvP and I first made this game into PvE and added it like WoW did, it is still part of my game and I should show equal amount of developer time on it like I do the other parts; mainly PvE.

I want to ask the PvE players something: Do you guys have a season of who can down the raids the best? Or do you have a money making mechanic like Arena does for Blizzard?
    Yeah I thought so, the answer is No.

PvP IMO should be 51% of the developer time and PvE needs to be 49% of the time. It is only logical that if you post a new raid that people will beat it within a month but PvP last forever cause it isn't a single boss or the same set up, PvP is a never ending change based on who you fight.

Deleted
    Symbiosis alone will increase pvp skillcap by 10%
    Its probably the most powerfull ability ever added.

I have no clue how they will balance this in arena.

completely RNG fest so far in MoP, not really sure if that's the "increased skillcap" you are looking for

RNG really that bad in mop. I have only played the ptr the only new rng that bugs me is shaman new instant lava surge that needs adjusting but they removed both impact and blazing speed. BTW in WOTLK and TBC wasn't there rng stuns, disarms, impact. blazing speed(not as bad because fire had to stand and cast). Weapons that had a chance to stun and paladin random stunning seal. You can clearly see when a fire mage is gonna get an instant pyro now.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-07-27 at 12:44 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Significantly reduced skillcap in my opinion. Everybody has every ability and therefor you don't really have to think before using a spell. A perfect example is warlocks: In Cata as Destruction I have to carefully plan everything, and if I even mess up one DR or Fear/Seduce at the wrong moment I'm screwed.

Now when I tested the PTR, it was just brainless bashing without any consequences. OHZ, he's casting a deadly ability? No problem, I'll just use a spell out of my myriad of defensive CDs.
    The amount of self-healing is also retarded.

Video related

Hi

Deleted
    Skill cap will be the same, adjustment periods will be longer depending on the individual and class, so could forsee classes with minimal changes being on top of their game quicker than for example warlocks, who have a lot of changes. But ultimately this depends on the players ability to adjust to changes in their class. It will be an exciting time to PvP in my opinion and much QQ will be had, we can hope for the best balance in PvP when the dust settles, time will tell.

Well I know the warrior skill cap will be increasing quite a lot with tons and tons of utility we're getting come MoP.

P.S. YAY 5000 POSTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Video related

Wow thanks. Thank you for ruining the rep of my class even more. First Swifty, now Braindeadly? I used to actually classify him as a good and reasonable player, but now... Well, he's in Swifty's boat.

Thanks for QQing about some hunter getting pissed at bugs. Just so you know, you should first of all rename it NERF AFFLICTION. Because I and others are tired of the constant mindless QQing about affliction, therefor nerfing the whole class, and making Destro and demo complete SHIT.

NEXT, If you people would actually think for a moment, you'd know that Blood fear is BUGGED. DAMAGE doesn't break it. Let's also not forget that he's playing 2v2 which already isn't based around balance. Now think of a 3v3 scenario where your fear gets dispelled, countered, etc... And each onecosts 10% of your health.
    Thank you, and next time, nerf affliction. Stop feeding Destruction shit.