I posted this in the Skill-Capped thread, just figured everyone here on the MMO forums might like a snip of my bad humor/opinions and maybe just a flare of discussion
"Hey everyone! The paladin forums seem a bit.. erm.. -pokes with a stick- dead. Slightly decaying at this point (wtb cleanse!).
Anyways enough of my bad humor!
I figure we could start a discussion on in MoP, focusing on Ret for this thread.
A small (sorta..) list of SEXY changes we have to look forward to in no particular order...
Holy Power Generation: Holy power will be VERY fluid! What do i mean? They took our T13 2set, rolled it into our talent spec AND spiced up exorcism with the same thing. That is right.. You get Holy power every time you Judgment.... Crusader Strike.. AND Exo..
Wings is UN-DISPELABLE!!!!!!
Word of Glory got an overhaul. No long has a cool down, but we lose our Selfless healer and last word (+65% crit chance sub 35% hp and +50% healing on others). This is a GOOD thing. Why? We arn't OP with a crutch mechanic anymore. This allows them to give us more utility without making us over powered.
Speaking of more utility...
CC: We have the MOST SEXY CC TALENT TIER EVER!! We have the choice between either... an undispelible 50% slow with our judgment (those hunters that kite you around laughing? remember them? well they better remember you.. when you're smashing your 2h sword into their FACE! ) An improved HoJ, shorter CD longer stun (ehh..) and Repentance. Rep got a but of a face lift. It is now on a cast time, recently nerfed to have a 15sec cd. It's basically a pollymorph with a cd atm. All are appealing choices, and the great thing is you can pick which one you want depending on your comp. Running a stun heavy comp without a slow? grab the slow! Not that many stuns? Grab Fist and smash people in the throat- you get the idea.
MOARCC: Blinding Light.... A...O..E.. frickin blind.... we get an AOE 5second Blind.. NOMNOMNOMNOM. Rogue kidney> bombs you with his warrior buddy? Pftt Trinket > Blinding Light > waddle out of said bomb. Running with a rogue.. mage.. or something else that shares DR with it? You can Glyph it (Unless this changed recently) to reduce the duration on it but make it an AOE Stun. also this is BASELINE. No choosing this over another talent. Side note, as playing holy and you see that priest coming to fear you? Blind his butt before he gets it off.
Utility: We get two beautiful additions to our tool-belt of doom. Self-less Healer and Hand of Purity. But wait! Nag you said Selfless healer was gone? It is.. it's dead and it will stay dead.. But here is it's twin brother! Basically it works like this, every time you judgment you get a buff. The reduces the cast time, mana cost and INCREASE the healing of Flash of Light, the extra healing only applies when used on another player. When stacked up to 3 you get a free, instant beefed up FoL on your friend. This is your old clutch WoG. It is also something extremely easy to balance. This will never be as out of control as our 120k Wings Wogs on live. But as we discussed before this is fine. This frees up more holy power to keep up inquisition and slam T.V into the enemy.
Almost forgot Hand of Purity! Yeah it's a 70% DoT reduction on a 1min CD. Screw you combustion.
Inquisition Change; With 3HP it increases our Holy Damage by 30% and our CRIT chance by 10%. Nomnom.
Glyph of Harsh Word: "Your Word of Glory can now also be used on enemy targets, causing Holy damage approximately equal to the amount it would have healed." At first this seems like an odd thing to be excited about. This is for holy right? for solo? WRONG! It will never hit as hard as TV, and nor should it. But we now have a RANGED Holy Power dump. We can now >Judge > Exo > judge > WoG. Though this isn't ideal, it allows up to have an even better offensive kiting style (warriors don't stand a chance in hell, not that they ever did before anyways) AND allows us to continue to dish out damage while being kited.
Sanctity of Battle: Now haste lowers the CD on judgment, hammer of wrath AND crusaders strike. Making out holy power even more consistent and making haste 100% more attractive.
Devotion Aura: Aura mastery on a 2min CD with 20% magic reduction tied in. This just adds to the utility a Ret can bring. It also can make it so we can Repentance without getting locked out. We can be very creative with this. If you're running with a caster you have the opportunity to give them ALOT of free-casting time between this and BoP. As well as making your healer's life easier.
Boundless Conviction: "You may store an additional 2 Holy power Beyond the 3 maximum. No ability ever consumes more than 3 holy power". Translation; we get to BAC-KLOAD two additional holy power. This is beyond amazing. I love blizzard for this change. What does this mean in practice though? Do you ever have moments on live right now where you want to TV, but you're afraid you will need a WoG soon? Who cares! you have two extra Holy Power saved and ready after you slam that priest in the face for 1000k (slightly fabricated damage amount). This opens us up to a lot of different options with our holy power!
Glyph of the Falling Avenger: We get slow fall when we have wings up.. SWAG
Glyph of Righteous Retreat: When you bubble, your heartstone casts 50% faster. Bubble hearth in a glyph. Oh the nostalgia <3
Glyph of Bladed Judgment: Your Judgment spell depicts an axe or sword instead of a hammer, if you have an axe or sword equipped. SWAG
Glyph of Fire From the Heavens: Your Judgment and Hammer of Wrath criticals call down fire from the sky. SWAG
Glyph of Seal of Blood: Your Seal of Truth now uses the Seal of Blood visual. BC Nostalgia glyph.
Glyph of the Luminous Charger: Your Paladin class mounts glow with holy light. the swag continues.
Glyph of Avenging Wrath: While Avenging Wrath is active, you are healed for 1% of your maximum health every 2 sec. our Wings gives us a HoT. Yummy.
Glyph of Templar's Verdict: You take 10% less damage for 6 sec after dealing damage with Templar's Verdict. Straight dmg reduction on something we use consistently.
Glyph of Blinding Light: Your Blinding Light now knocks down targets for 3 sec instead of Blinding them. Discussed this with blinding light.
Glyph of Flash of Light: When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 7 sec by 10%. This opens up some interesting combos because of selfless healer.. We could if really needed to Wings > Instant FoL > Wog for extreme healing.
Glyph of Winged Vengeance: Your Avenging Wrath depicts 4 wings. I have mixed feelings about this..
That about sums up what i have noticed so far! I'm really pumped for MoP. I love ret, always have and this just adds to my excitement for the class (i'll be playing my Pally as my main in MoP over my druid)
Note: THIS IS BETA!! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE! THIS IS ALL MY OPINION! NOTHING IS FACT! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Hope this sparks some form of a discussion =)
TLR Be very excited for MoP.. very.. very.. excited.. What we gain far out weighs what we lose.