Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Some utility for hands? mmm 70% DoT reduction is HUGE, and is going to be a god sent for any fight that has DoT mechanics. Ontop of that double Hand of Sac will do wonders, especially on progression fights.
    in pve, only one fight from 10s will have some kind of a BIG dot, where this reduction will make any difference.

"The removed all the choise" i'm assuming you mean choice, and we never had it. On live you have one spec. If that spec isn't the cookie cutter you're doing it wrong. You go from having 31+ non-choice talents to have 6 tiers of legit choices. Do you like the passive run speed? Or do you want long arm while taking boot enchant? Do you need DoT protection or another Sac? a passive shield or a hot? AoE damage or direct damage?
    even in cata you had a baseline 31(or what was that number) points to reach last tier skill and pick some good talents from other trees, and after that(or on your way to last tier) you still had 2-6 optional talent points, that could change some minor details (choice here)

and during the building your talents from first to last, you could feel how your main role gets better and better (dps/hps/mitigation+def. abilities). do not know why blizzards decided that passive +X% buffs in spec are boring.. and why they removed spell ranks..
    Now, during leveling, you can get a few levelups without talent points or new skills, and THAT is boring, imho

You complain about not having defensive.. but selflesshealer + glyph of FoL allows us to (if needed) Instant Wings > Instant FoL > WoG. They give us a whole tier line DEDICATED TO DEFENSE UTILITY!!!!
    my bad, by defense i ment a significant talents for protection spec: all of them were moved into skills or passives now

I'd prefer more constructive input than "NOT ALL TALENTS ARE DPS INCREASES SO I HATE THIS".
    yah, i am not contsructive - it is just my feelings ) I think i will explain my QQ position in one sentance: i think that Rift talents system is much more interesting than what we have now, and MoP system goes even further away from it.

btw: when i was leveling in BC, 1st time ever playing in MMO, i was a ret paladin, with holy tree and Holy Shock spell, just because i liked that it can dps enemy or heal me. Also it was one more button to press, and that was already good for rets )
    Can you see any similiar freedom now?
    Last edited by Aldoran; 2012-07-30 at 03:59 PM.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

even in cata you had a baseline 31(or what was that number) points to reach last tier skill and pick some good talents from other trees, and after that(or on your way to last tier) you still had 2-6 optional talent points, that could change some minor details (choice here)
    The talents you can pick from the other two trees are NOT choices. If you're running PvE ret right now in T13 and you're not doing your points in holy for the extra exo damage. You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong. This is not a CHOICE.

my bad, by defense i ment a significant talents for protection spec: all of them were moved into skills or passives now
    You want Protection type talents in a tree made for all three specs? No. That is why they are rolled into specing protection because it's made for ALL THREE. Not just prot, also this is a ret thread.

i was a ret paladin, with holy tree and Holy Shock spell, just because i liked that it can dps enemy or heal me. Also it was one more button to press, and that was already good for rets )
    Can you see any similiar freedom now?
    The last Tier in the talent tree.. every ability has hybrid healing and damage components, should be right up your ally.

I think i will explain my QQ position in one sentance: i think that Rift talents system is much more interesting than what we have now
    Then go play rift and stop polluting this thread with miss-information, out dated crying and nostalgia. Thank you.

I posted this in the Skill-Capped thread, just figured everyone here on the MMO forums might like a snip of my bad humor/opinions and maybe just a flare of discussion
    your ego is beigger than your shadow at the sunset, is not it? )

Then go play rift and stop polluting this thread with miss-information, out dated crying and nostalgia. Thank you.
    your nostalgia is not polluting your own thread?
    Glyph of Righteous Retreat: When you bubble, your heartstone casts 50% faster. Bubble hearth in a glyph. Oh the nostalgia <3
    Glyph of Seal of Blood: Your Seal of Truth now uses the Seal of Blood visual. BC Nostalgia glyph.
    you have to live with the fact, that not every person is agree with your excitement and it is not prohibited to express other opinions, or we should discuss your excitement in this thread?

well, i will no longer disturb the peace of your mind
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    your ego is beigger than your shadow at the sunset, is not it? )

your nostalgia is not polluting your own thread?

you have to live with the fact, that not every person is agree with your excitement and it is not prohibited to express other opinions, or we should discuss your excitement in this thread?

well, i will no longer disturb the peace of your mind
    I'm not a very ego-tiscial person lol. if you even read what you quoted i said "my BAD humor/opinions".

Also yes, it's different. Nostalgia about already announced glyphs that will be implemented is different from "I want the old talent system back. I miss having holy shock as ret."

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I started this as a DISCUSSION THREAD, not a whine fest.

Thanks for your contributions.

On a more positive note, the issue with Sanctity of Battle (our cooldowns be affected by haste) is being fixed. Right now on beta when we are hit with a casting speed slow like necro or bane of tongues, it increases our cooldowns as well. GC expressed this is a mistake they are working on fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I started this as a DISCUSSION THREAD, not a whine fest.

Thanks for your contributions.
    The thing is, not everyone shares your enthusiasm. I am glad that you are happy, but ret feels like a shell of what it used to be, and unless some changes happen we will be a liability in 3's and even worse off than we are now for RBG's. When was the last time you saw "LF ret pally for RBG"s"? I don't expect to see it anytime soon in MOP, either.

can't lie reading this makes me want to dust off my ret and actually play again. I just went to gamestop and got MoP pre-ordered so hopefully it lives up to what this thread states. Looks fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    can't lie reading this makes me want to dust off my ret and actually play again. I just went to gamestop and got MoP pre-ordered so hopefully it lives up to what this thread states. Looks fun.
    Haha, im just about to bench all my current Cata chars and dust off my old WOTLK prot/ret pally. I think the playstyle is just frekking amazing on beta, and Im having a blast with tanking and DPS'ing. I just have to accept that im playing a "holy bringer of light and all kind of goods and glory" - kind of character, which hurts.... a lot....... But the most fun char in WOW for me, have to live with the Lore stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezuga View Post
    Haha, im just about to bench all my current Cata chars and dust off my old WOTLK prot/ret pally. I think the playstyle is just frekking amazing on beta, and Im having a blast with tanking and DPS'ing. I just have to accept that im playing a "holy bringer of light and all kind of goods and glory" - kind of character, which hurts.... a lot....... But the most fun char in WOW for me, have to live with the Lore stuff.
    You can think of it as a more bad ass way though. I RP a belf divine avenger, seeking to pass judgment on those that have strayed from the path of the light; those to far gone meet my blade in a frenzy of light, steel and blood.

You don't have to follow the die-heart path of the light / good / protector. Just be creative, morals can always be pushed, twisted and warped >

Deleted
    You can think of it as a more bad ass way though. I RP a belf divine avenger, seeking to pass judgment on those that have strayed from the path of the light; those to far gone meet my blade in a frenzy of light, steel and blood.

You don't have to follow the die-heart path of the light / good / protector. Just be creative, morals can always be pushed, twisted and warped >
    Thats true, I just wish you could go "fallen crusader" like the priest has a shadow priest "option"/spec. I know the DK is almost the opposite of a pally, but after 3 years of rune jugling I want a more cooldown based char and as I said before, Im having a blast with my old Pally
    I kmight just wear sunglasses while playing to filter some of the glimmer and shinyness :-D

New info!

Our PVP2set Gives us bonus PvP power when we crusader strike, and our 4Set gives us holy power when hit in pvp (basically blessed life).

Nomnomnom

New info!

Our PVP2set Gives us bonus PvP power when we crusader strike, and our 4Set gives us holy power when hit in pvp (basically blessed life).

Nomnomnom
    You gain a charge of Holy Power whenever you take direct damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 8 seconds.

Sweet bonus, imo.

p.s.: DK 4-set bonus is retarded.
    Last edited by Razorcat; 2012-08-02 at 02:33 PM.

Not as bad as Monks.. Monks will have their 4 set 100% changed... Theres no way they are letting an instant kill sub 10% hp go live. Double grip isn't THAT horrid. you just have to keep it in mind. Don't blink right after a grip, wait 2-3 seconds haha.

Ok so basically i got in to the beta. started making every class just to try it out before leveling. i play a shaman main on live and i kind of wanted a brand new experience in MOP. even though i know the shaman like the back of my hand i just want to start fresh in MOP. so i was trying out every class and came across that paladin. hoooolyyyy crap. i had never played a pally past like 45 on live, messed with it a little on ATR. but sweet jesus is it fun in beta

The playstyle is SOOO fluid and smooth it just feels so right! i instantly fell in love and will be maining a ret paladin in MOP. I love the animations, the lore, the fluidity of the rotation, the HP feels tons better in MOP than on live. it just all feels "right" i guess.

I only have ONE little gripe. And this kind of has to do with the class but kind of more so the race. Im human male which IMO makes the best pally. i dont know why it just fits perfect. so you know when u TV, or CS on live, basically any special attack like mortal strike or whatever for warrior the human male jump up and swings his weapon down on your face. well, with paladin that is gone sadly. for CS he does a pretty cool back hand swing thing which is ok but for TV he fuckin ballerina twirls then drops his weapon on u. and it looks SO gay. now i dont feel as tough and badass as i do now but i guess im just going to have to live with twirling around like a ballerina when i do my badass amazing TV =(.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Ok so basically i got in to the beta. started making every class just to try it out before leveling. i play a shaman main on live and i kind of wanted a brand new experience in MOP. even though i know the shaman like the back of my hand i just want to start fresh in MOP. so i was trying out every class and came across that paladin. hoooolyyyy crap. i had never played a pally past like 45 on live, messed with it a little on ATR. but sweet jesus is it fun in beta

The playstyle is SOOO fluid and smooth it just feels so right! i instantly fell in love and will be maining a ret paladin in MOP. I love the animations, the lore, the fluidity of the rotation, the HP feels tons better in MOP than on live. it just all feels "right" i guess.

I only have ONE little gripe. And this kind of has to do with the class but kind of more so the race. Im human male which IMO makes the best pally. i dont know why it just fits perfect. so you know when u TV, or CS on live, basically any special attack like mortal strike or whatever for warrior the human male jump up and swings his weapon down on your face. well, with paladin that is gone sadly. for CS he does a pretty cool back hand swing thing which is ok but for TV he fuckin ballerina twirls then drops his weapon on u. and it looks SO gay. now i dont feel as tough and badass as i do now but i guess im just going to have to live with twirling around like a ballerina when i do my badass amazing TV =(.
    Haha i'm glad you found the best class in the game Welcome to the dar.. er.. light side? We hit shit with swords and chuck hammers at peoples faces all in the name of the light. Sorry you dislike human animations, i play the superior race (Belf), when i TV i destroy people bwhaha.

OH! Our pvp set for next season.. LOOKS SO AMAZING!

--> Linky http://i.imgur.com/QgwDz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    in pve, only one fight from 10s will have some kind of a BIG dot, where this reduction will make any difference.
    Just no.
    Stone Guard has a dot from Jasper Chains.
    Spirit Kings has a dot from Undying Shadow.
    Amber Shaper has a dot from Parasitic Growth.
    Feng puts a different dot on the tank for each essence he gets throughout the fight.
    Garalon has a dot from Pheromones.
    Wind Lord Mel'Jarak has a dot from Corrosive Resin.
    And I may have missed some that could still be classified as dots to Hand of Purity, I personally haven't used it because I enjoy the utility of being able to use my other hands twice in a row. Several of these dots hit extremely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aideren View Post
    Just no.
    Feng puts a difference dot on the tank for each essence he gets throughout the fight.
    And I may have missed some that could still be classified as dots to Hand of Purity, I personally haven't used it because I enjoy the utility of being able to use my other hands twice in a row.
    Words do not express my love for you <3 Ty for this post.

Deleted
    Welcome m8, join the " Im skipping my other chars, joining the light side and go full glam and glory in MOP" boat

Quote Originally Posted by Razorcat View Post
    p.s.: DK 4-set bonus is retarded.
    OH MY GOD brb making a DK alt on my current realm, not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aideren View Post
    Just no.
    Feng puts a different dot on the tank for each essence he gets throughout the fight.
    And I may have missed some that could still be classified as dots to Hand of Purity, I personally haven't used it because I enjoy the utility of being able to use my other hands twice in a row. Several of these dots hit extremely hard.
    Using it is most likely a DPS loss, so I won't be actively raising my hand to spec into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Using it is most likely a DPS loss, so I won't be actively raising my hand to spec into it.
    Just because someone is a dps, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. If a moonkin is asked to tranquility, or a dps warrior to rallying cry you do it haha. It's for the benefit of the raid overall. BUT I do agree, unless I'm the only paladin, I'll be asking someone else in the raid to do it (I'm the raid leader >:3 )
    Last edited by Vayra; 2012-08-06 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Someone...Something.. Two different words.

As someone who hated Ret in Cata, it is totally awesome in MOP.

I love our new kiting ability, it's so nice to be able to do good damage outside of melee range with exo/judge. The rotation feels so much more fluid with more abilities granting HP.