1. #1
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542

    The Lightning Forge (Patch 5.2) including pictures!

    "As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past."

    This is a forge where you will craft Patch 5.2 weapons, it seems only to be available for blacksmith, but seeing there is forges in there maybe miners get something aswell!

    Discuss here what you think of the Lightning Forge!

    Picture:

    Link to Bigger picture in 1920x1080 resolution

    Video of Lightning Forge:

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,589
    Yup, that's a forge.

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Yup, that's a forge.
    I thought it was a Death Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  4. #4
    Nice video.

    Can't wait till we get some further info about it.

    "As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past."

    Current internet theory is this will once again allow for the crafting of the old TBC weaponsmith plans that were removed with cata.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Nice video.

    Can't wait till we get some further info about it.

    "As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past."

    Current internet theory is this will once again allow for the crafting of the old TBC weaponsmith plans that were removed with cata.
    I really hope they bring a new Pandaria weaponsmith this time and with that returning the old TBC weaponsmith weapons. It would be friking awesome!

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,717
    Looks like something out of skyrim. Do you need to be a blacksmith to use it but?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Looks like something out of skyrim. Do you need to be a blacksmith to use it but?
    It's called the Lightning Forge and only Blacksmithers use forges to craft heavy armor and weapons, so I'd guess you have to be a blacksmither. But maybe as told before miners can use it aswell to craft new bars or something. :P

  8. #8
    Here's to hoping they add new patterns for tailors and leatherworkers in this same patch.
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Here's to hoping they add new patterns for tailors and leatherworkers in this same patch.
    I'm pretty sure they will, maybe they'll add a new feature for tailors and leatherworkers aswell, here's to hoping!

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    It's called the Lightning Forge and only Blacksmithers use forges to craft heavy armor and weapons, so I'd guess you have to be a blacksmither. But maybe as told before miners can use it aswell to craft new bars or something. :P
    Well that is wrong since engineers also use forge as well.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well that is wrong since engineers also use forge as well.
    Oh yes, it is confirmed engineers get a thing called ''Lightning Steel Incapitator'', maybe to create ''Lightning Steel Ingot''s to make heavy armor & weapons ?

  12. #12
    Hmm, I'll just stick with my Thermal Anvil

  13. #13
    What would be cool, is if lightning crackled around the forge whenever something was being crafted.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What would be cool, is if lightning crackled around the forge whenever something was being crafted.
    I'm quite sure it will, with the effects it got atm, I'm sure Blizzard would do for awesomeness

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Hmm, I'll just stick with my Thermal Anvil
    What if I told you that you can only craft 5.2 weapons with the Lightning Forge, I'm quite sure that will happen, like the old Black Forge.

  15. #15
    Ooo, fancy. I always liked the idea of special anvils and forges, like the one in Blackrock Depths. The were a bit of a pain to get to, though... having them out in the open like this is better.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,925
    The TBC weapons should be replicas, not the same. But they cost thousands of gold to make so I don't expect everyone to have one even if they were reintroduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •