Thermal Compound?

Can anyone suggest a good thermal compound for a good price? Was looking at either MX-2 or MX-4 or IC Diamond 7 maybe. Been reading people still suggesting MX-2 over MX-4 maybe at the time it was cheaper but they are the same price currently. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Artic Silver is what I always use

IC Diamond 7 is very good, but there's a *catch*. It might leave your CPU with a mark, I know my previous CPU got like a smudge or something from it, and that's no matter how much I tried to clean it up - it just wouldn't come off. If you don't mind that, go for ICD 7, as it is a bit better than the MX-4 iirc.

As for MX-4, that's also a very good choice too. It's easy to apply and works great.

I've been using Arctic Silver since about 2000/2001, I've yet to find a genuinely better manufacturer of thermal cooling compounds. Plus you can clean it up easily and it spreads like butter.

Edit: Thinking about it though, I still have half a tube of Arctic Cooling MX-2 in my kit, it is pretty good too, there's probably not enough difference between the two to rush out and buy some Silver if you've still got MX hanging around.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2012-07-23 at 05:58 PM.

i use processed cheese

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-2011/1445/5
    srsly its not that OMG as you think :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    i use processed cheese

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-2011/1445/5
    srsly its not that OMG as you think :P
    LOL they really tested it with butter, chocolate, cheese and more items. I think I may just grab some lipstick from the girlfriend and smear it on my CPU. But in all seriousness I just picked up a tube of mx-4. Thanks for the suggestions and help.
    Last edited by kiwimonster; 2012-07-23 at 08:45 PM.

whats funny is some of those things are actually BETTER than certain brands of thermal paste!