could i use part of this song without it being copyright

i wanted to use a part of this song in my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-yZ7_enlWA now would that be considered copyright

I'm not sure how it works. I know people try (sometimes failing) in youtube videos to put a long warning label basically saying "I own nothing of this, I don't profit from it at all, it belongs to yadda yadda inc." to avoid getting stuff taken down.

what's the video for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    i think there's a 10 second rule or something. I can be wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    If you mean a copyright violation then yes. Nintendo and Rareware most likely (like 99.99999% sure they do) still own the copyrights for it and will until we're all long dead.

Chances are something like that wouldn't get flagged though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm not sure how it works. I know people try (sometimes failing) in youtube videos to put a long warning label basically saying "I own nothing of this, I don't profit from it at all, it belongs to yadda yadda inc." to avoid getting stuff taken down.

what's the video for?
    Legally, that really means nothing, it just maybe makes authors less likely to file a DMCA takedown.

OT: Unless you are using it in a context where you are talking about it(critiquing, etc), it's copyright violation no matter how short of a clip it is. If you are actually talking about the clip, it'd probably be covered under fair use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Fair use.
    "Fair Use" doesn't mean it's okay to take something and use it for your own ends.