Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    on one hand i agree that banning you was definitely needed as those 2 posts you pointed out were both useless and didnt contribute anything

but on the other hand i agree that any cm/ticket support etc person working on diablo 3 team is completely incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This is exactly why I have been using MMO-Champion for years. The Blizzard official forums are horrendous. Community Managers don't do half as good of a job as the Moderators on these forums, and typically use their powers for terrible reasons (though their reasons for banning you was reasonable).
    Agreed.
    The mods on these forum are absolutely A+. I'm still occasionally getting infractions for stupid little things, mostly because apparently people report others for stupid little things, like being condescending, which I think is one of my better traits, but down the line these boards are one of the best moderated places on the internet.

It's also one of the reasons why I absolutely dislike MMORPG.COM. That place is like a dictatorship. And the woman that runs/ran it really managed to make me want to set fire to her, which is never a good thing in any relationship

So would you rather have a forum where people can post "Obviously troll is obviously" and "FAIL IS FAIL"?

Would that actually make the forums better?

Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    You're not missing anything. The Blizzard forums are garbage and just full of trolls.
    While I agree, these forums are no better off.., most of the time topics here are misleading or the same threads are created 10 times daily and moderations here is purely down to the whim of the moderators mood swing most of the time!

The reason people get banned on official forums are for the exact reasons the OP got his ban, posting something that isn't relevant or adding anything to a thread which is actually quite nice so people with an interest in the threads avoid these kinds of posts.

This may come off as some PR for blizzard, but fact of the matter is I hate blizzard, but that is only related to the direction their taking the game which moderators here can vouch for, just got out of a 2 week ban here for it.., official forums from my pov is excellent.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-07-24 at 06:38 AM.

the problem with this is anyone report anyone and it work...considering saying ''obviously troll is obviously'' so everyone should be banned on official forums LOL

p.s no more official forums, sound pretty nice! we should make full of posts with hug the poster above you!!! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    the problem with this is anyone report anyone and it work...considering saying ''obviously troll is obviously'' so everyone should be banned on official forums LOL

p.s no more official forums, sound pretty nice! we should make full of posts with hug the poster above you!!! :P
    The problem with your posts is that they are simply not productive, and offer nothing in the way of discussion which forums are intended for. When then the moderators allow everyone to spam "FAIL IS FAIL" and "Obvious troll is obvious" the forums won't be so much about productive and constructive discussions but more about useless spam, and no one likes to read through pages of crap to get to the posts that are useful. Especially not those who are responsible for bringing this useful feedback to the designers.

Deleted
    I think everyone else has summed it up nicely. If you're post doesn't add anything and is just off-topic condescension then it's probably not worth hitting the post button. By all means feel free to write it out if it makes you feel better though, just don't press the post button!

The lack of blue posts or lack of any patch information is pretty mad.

It's a comedy goldmine sometimes though

if anyone deserve a ban by what you are saying, just close forums... 90% people have said even more stupid thing i did without get one single ban.....

constructive you say? were you expecting something so awesome from my post?

the worst thing in my post is about i got banned one time without can do something, and 1 week later still banned for something i did 11 week before my first ban?

see what i did there? seriously... both were pretty ridiculous ban... customer support on blizz forums is totally terrible..

their garbage auto-answer tickets is not really better....

sorry for the double post
    Most moderators including blizzards do require at least a resemblence of "constructiveness" in posts saying things like fail is fail and obvious troll is obvious is going to get you a warning or a ban there totally pointless posts which add nothing to ANY topic.
    Post constructively and actually ADD something to the topic then you'd not get any bans its not really rocket science.

And you will find a lot of ppl who post the same or worse than you also get a ban ... you have not been singled out and you will find that what you did is against there forum rules and as others have pointed out, the same would apply here most likley no one likes troll posts.

Join in, add to the topic your posting in and enjoy the forums
    Last edited by Shakari; 2012-07-24 at 08:51 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Agreed.
    The mods on these forum are absolutely A+. I'm still occasionally getting infractions for stupid little things, mostly because apparently people report others for stupid little things, like being condescending, which I think is one of my better traits, but down the line these boards are one of the best moderated places on the internet.

It's also one of the reasons why I absolutely dislike MMORPG.COM. That place is like a dictatorship. And the woman that runs/ran it really managed to make me want to set fire to her, which is never a good thing in any relationship
    Awww...you so sweet!

That said, I've got some decent respect for all those CMs at Blizzard, they have a lot to deal with on a day to basis. I would NOT want that job...

I know nothing of MMORPG.com.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Blizzard forums are the septic system of the forum world. They are full of nothing but fanboys, disguised blizz employees, and filth. People with genuine issues, opinions, concerns, or anything else that doesn't give praise to the Almighty Lord Blizzard, are quickly derailed, flamed into oblivion, and disregarded as a troll posts.

frankly, you're better off
    Last edited by painweaver; 2012-07-24 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Awww...you so sweet!

That said, I've got some decent respect for all those CMs at Blizzard, they have a lot to deal with on a day to basis. I would NOT want that job...

I know nothing of MMORPG.com.
    actually they check with some key word if there is fail and or some other word, to auto-answer or auto-ban someone, and good luck to contact them, not going to happen their customer forums support is terrible, in 4 emails, i never got one answer, lets talk about a good service...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Honestly...your posts were pretty unconstructive. Calling someone a troll and posting "fail is fail". You'd have gotten infracted here, as well, and likely faced a temporary ban from our forum.

I'm not sure what you're expecting to get from the posters here.
    Exactly. The point of posting in a forum is to at least bring a point to the table. "Obvious troll is obvious" does nothing to further a discussion. If you think someone is trolling then report them and move on. You're only making yourself look bad when you call someone fail or a troll and then nothing else. I'm shocked you didn't get banned earlier from the Blizzard forums for doing that.

The Blizzard forums are garbage anyways. I also agree that them pinning you down with another ban over a post you made months ago is far-fetched.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2012-07-25 at 12:20 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

now im perma ban from forums....
    Hah, welcome to the club, dude!

I was perma banned back in WOTLK. (A lvl73 be pala destroyed my lvl80 (ok, fresh) DK under a HOJ stun. Yes, WOTLK was just released, yes the pala had SWP gear, yes I was fresh DK, but still....! Of course as a "good" PVPer my frist trip was to the Forums. And BAMM! perma ban. It was nothing personal or offensive, just it was my third strike.) Then at the forum reset at Cata I was given a clean slate as others, too.

Of course there's a lesson to learn here: you don't bitch and moan on the EU forums. They are just CMs not devs. If you can't attack directly GC or any devs then it's just not worth it. CMs are fine peeps, devs should be kicked in the arse sometimes lol.

If these are the people that are banned including the OP I don't see a problem.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

reading this thread gives me a sliver of hope for the official forums...

Honestly, Blizz needs to take a harsher stance there to weed out all (or at least most of) the trolling and immature behavior. Pretty much the only time I ever check the official forums since 2k8 are for my server forums or if a Blue Tracker post seems interesting.

My 2cents...

Deleted
    This is why I am here at MMO Champion, the official forums are a whinefest, the report-button seems to be the favorite plaything of everyone, and the underpaid blizzard-"moderators" do a crappy job. Oh, and to add insult to injury, since I am an Austrian and therefore play on the german servers, my posts vanish behind a server-error-message two times out of three when I try to post in the US forums...the only part of the official blizz forum where there is even a remote resemblance of interaction with blizzard personnel.

That being said dear OP, IMO you deserve to be banned...maybe not permabanned, but people writing unconstructive one-liners, which lack to add anything useful to a discussion, with the sole purpose of annoying people, are one of the prime reasons why the blizz forum is as bad as it is.

Deleted
    Blizzard forums are horrendous in no small part due to people who make contributions such as yours. A bit of humor and criticism is good and one may not be constructive all the time, but if all you do is "Obvious troll is obvious" and "fail is fail" then you're just contributing to the generalized garbage that the official WoW forums have become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you don't have much constructive to say anyway.
    Imo you deserve it.

It would seem like the lack of respect between gamers in general has lead to many game related forums being full of trolling and other general unpleasantness, however comparatively speaking these forums are much better than most others. I have seen forums populated by adults who pursue a common interest where there is pretty much zero trolling, but these were people who conducted themselves at a professional level on the internet.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn