10+ Year Old Account

Recuit-A-Friend Question

So I'm going to do recruit-a-friend on myself to open a second account and duel box. I remember back in the day the recruitee would gather tokens that they could give a new toon on the recruiters account to give them up to 30 free levels. Does this still apply today? If so is it still only to level 60 so 30 tokens? Or is it now 40 tokens since you can use recruit-a-friend till level 80.
    Don't dish it if you can't take it...
    WotLK was/is the best expansion. It is not up for debate, just accept it.

It's now 40 free levels.

I wouldn't call them tokens but anyway, for each two levels, the one recruited can grant a level to the one who have recruited him/her, as long as the character is lower leveled.

If you have lvled up 2 chars to 80, it is possible to go from 1-80 by first granting 40 lvls with one toon, and then switch to the other and do from 41-81 (pretty sure it was 81, my friend and I was amazed at the fact ourselves).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok awesome. Thanks a ton guys. I tried doing research on it and only came up with info from back when it was 30. I referred to them as "tokens" because that's what my research called them.

Deleted
    also theone that is granted levels will have the same amount of xp in % in the new lvl. so if you are 99%xp on lvl 1 and then get levels all the way to 80 you will be 1%fromdinging 81

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It's now 40 free levels.
    ^^ This, 40 free levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    also theone that is granted levels will have the same amount of xp in % in the new lvl. so if you are 99%xp on lvl 1 and then get levels all the way to 80 you will be 1%fromdinging 81
    Got it. So basically create a toon, do like 1-2 quests, then start tossing him the lvls.
    Last edited by Akiliez; 2012-07-24 at 06:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    I wouldn't call them tokens but anyway, for each two levels, the one recruited can grant a level to the one who have recruited him/her, as long as the character is lower leveled.

If you have lvled up 2 chars to 80, it is possible to go from 1-80 by first granting 40 lvls with one toon, and then switch to the other and do from 41-81 (pretty sure it was 81, my friend and I was amazed at the fact ourselves).
    o.O Wait is this implying that you can get 40 grantable levels per character that you level on a single RaF account?
    My friend and I are doing this RaF currently and we were under the impression that you get 40 levels on the account entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    o.O Wait is this implying that you can get 40 grantable levels per character that you level on a single RaF account?
    My friend and I are doing this RaF currently and we were under the impression that you get 40 levels on the account entirely.
    Im positive its 40/character.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akiliez View Post
    Got it. So basically create a toon, do like 1-2 quests, then start tossing him the lvls.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 11:21 PM ----------

Another question.... I know you can only give the levels to the recruiter up to the recruitee's current level. Could I level a toon to 80 via recruit-a-friend. Then level him up to 85 normally and then give one of my lvl 60 toons on the recruiter account levels all the way up to 85?

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 11:22 PM ----------

Another question.... I know you can only give the levels to the recruiter up to the recruitee's current level. Could I level a toon to 80 via recruit-a-friend. Then level him up to 85 normally and then give one of my lvl 60 toons on the recruiter account levels all the way up to 85?
    Pretty sure it only works til level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about my about dbl reply. I was on the subway on my iphone and it tweeked out....

Quote Originally Posted by Akiliez View Post
    Sorry about my about dbl reply. I was on the subway on my iphone and it tweeked out....

It only works to level 80, so no you cant.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok got it. thanks for all the info guys.

I recently started doing recruit a friend and i cannot grant levels to my friends account.
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.