Poll: Are you going to go watch the movie?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally saw the movie, heard a lot of criticism beforehand and was a bit worried. But I must say that I loved it.
    The way they mixed scifi and reality into a dark and awesome world. Specially loved how the kryptonians fought, almost teleporting from target to target.
    Also happy that they kept the childhood crap to a minimum. I really hate children in movies and tv shows, they always ruin them for me...

Haven't read any superman comics (don't have comics in my country) so I can't comment on the characters that much but I liked this Clark Kent better than the previous iterations of him.

So yea, can't wait for the next movie and to see what they do with the entire Justice League thing.

EDIT: Also I wonder if the worldengine thing has any lasting effects on earth, I mean it did send gravitational waves through the earths core and all....
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2013-07-01 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this like a week ago, it was really good. I just hope now they can keep Henry Cavill as Superman for a couple more Superman movies so we can get to this Justice League movie.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loved it, but friends pointed out the plot-holes and now i cant not see them. Its Dark Knight Rises all over again

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I absolutely loved it, but friends pointed out the plot-holes and now i cant not see them. Its Dark Knight Rises all over again
    What plot holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well first off, no innocent people are shown in those buildings. We don't know for sure that Superman killed innocent people during his fight with Zod, and if I had to guess, I'd say he didn't. One thing you've gotta remember, is that not only does Superman have x-ray vision, meaning he can see which buildings have people in them and which don't, but he's also highly coordinated and can think at a speed regular people can't even comprehend. I'd bet that amidst the chaos of the battle, he was still able to avoid the random clumps of innocent people that hadn't yet evacuated.

Concerning him killing Zod, I think that was very in character. Superman kills. Not often, and not without remorse, but he does. In Superman vol 2 #22, released in 1988, Superman fought the version of Zod and his followers created in the Pocket Universe by the Time Trapper. This is the cover. http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/5/59/Superman_Vol_2_22.jpg Zod and his followers killed every being on that Earth. Superman used the gold kryptonite of that universe to remove their powers, then he said, "What I must now do is harder than anything I have ever done before. But as the last representative of law and justice on this world, it falls to me to act as judge, jury ... and executioner." As they beg for their lives, Superman pulls out green kryptonite and holds it on them until they die, executing them in one of the most painful ways possible.

Superman has also killed in the heat of battle on more than one occasion. When he fought Doomsday in The Death of Superman, Superman and Doomsday killed each other with their final punches. In Final Crisis when Darkseid killed Batman, Superman didn't just kill him, he destroyed his soul. Superman also killed Imperiex Prime after Imperiex threatened the universe. In this movie, Zod forced his hand. It was Zod, or that family, and I think pretty much any version of Superman would have made the same choice, to snap Zod's neck like a twig.

About destroying the satellite; I don't think Superman minds being accountable. In fact, if the government issued a warrant for his arrest, he'd probably surrender willingly. Superman has always kept his identity a secret, not for his own sake, but to protect those he cares about. He doesn't want military vehicles pulling up to his mom's farm.

Time will tell if Superman killed any innocent people in his fight with Zod, and if so, how many. I think it's safe to say, if Superman isn't wanted for mass murder and crimes against humanity in the next movie, then he didn't engage in wholesale slaughter by flying through buildings.

Hmm, apparently Aquaman was the one that sabotaged the oil rig. Well played Snyder.
    This is exactly what some people miss or rather choose to ignore, also to add to your spoiler cloud: Do people really expect superman to fight of 3 vile kryptonians (2 at the same time in smallville and obviously zod in the city) while politely asking them to move somewhere else to evade casualities. Then we have the millitary, nobody questions their actions? Firing missles into a malformed gravity area where they hit civillians? Or even in the different movie (which btw I loved just as much as this one), the Avengers, nobody complained there that New York basically got leveled as well.

What I am trying to say the producers and director of Man of Steel tried to make him act realistic or rather as real as it could get when a being is capable of flight, moving megaton heavy objects and moving at the speed of a bullet (in some comics moving at the speed of light).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I saw the movie a week or two ago and loved it. I've got some genuine respect for Superman now.

That said, I saw people talking about cameos in this movie. About the only ones I saw were the LexCorp stuff. Where was the Wayne Enterprises stuff and what about Supergirl? I thought that was an end credits scene or something.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    So I saw the movie a week or two ago and loved it. I've got some genuine respect for Superman now.

That said, I saw people talking about cameos in this movie. About the only ones I saw were the LexCorp stuff. Where was the Wayne Enterprises stuff and what about Supergirl? I thought that was an end credits scene or something.
    The satellite that Superman and Zod crashed into during their fight said Wayne Enterprises on the side of it. The Genesis Ship had 2 pods in it. One of the pods had a dead body in it, but the other was empty. It was shown in the tie in comic that the empty pod belonged to Kara-Zor-El. One of the buildings in the background during Superman and Zod's fight was Blaze Comics, the comic book store employed by Booster Gold to make and sell comics about himself so he can get more famous. The female soldier in the final scene that said Superman is kind of hot is none other than Carol Ferris, The Star Sapphire. The destruction of the oil rig at the start of the movie was likely caused by Aquaman. Whales can be seen after the oil rig fell apart, and normally animals would flee from explosions and oil spills like that. Not only that, but the company that owned the oil rig, (can't remember the name) is one that Aquaman has attacked before for putting oil rigs in Atlantean territory. The symbol of Brainiac can be seen on the pods in the Genesis Ship. These are the main references that I'm aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm going to have to watch it again.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Now I'm going to have to watch it again.
    haha I watched it 3 times and still missed a few of those stuff(the satelite having Wayne enterpries on it for example)...