Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    nice i think that i will be able to install it myself, im not that bad with computers actually. just insecure due to lack of experience, so i might make a thread asking for help when i get the drive ^^ better safe than sorry right..

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 01:14 PM ----------

lol just checked that firmware uypdate guide.... x( can i do this with a external harddrive, or does it have to be an USB stick/cd. ?
    This is what he asked.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    i do mine inside windows
    You replied.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You need a USB stick or CD.
    For ease i would recommend just using a CD, i mean cmon they cost fuck all.
    My reply to the OP.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 07:51 PM ----------

why? asus update has been perfect for years....
    Your reply to me.

Do you see where you made the mistake yet?
    You misunderstood and now you're attempting to make yourself look good, but i am stubborn and right :P
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2012-07-24 at 07:54 PM.

yes you are stubborn but you ARE wrong , but please carry on as im actually laughing at this - you your self have allready linked the discussion and at NO POINT did you use the words `SSD Firmware` - when first discussing firmware it could mean anything , either motherboard or ssd - you took that 1 way and i took it the other.

anyway you still havent answered my question regarding enabling AHCI when windows is allready installed.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes you are stubborn but you ARE wrong , but please carry on as im actually laughing at this - you your self have allready linked the discussion and at NO POINT did you use the words `SSD Firmware` - when first discussing firmware it could mean anything , either motherboard or ssd - you took that 1 way and i took it the other.
    Thank you for proving my point that people never read past their own nose.
    If you would've actually paid attention to anything i've said above it, as was the OPs discussion with me, thus i'm the one cracking up here, keep up the self absorbed selective reading/understanding, i'm having more fun then you can realize.

anyway you still havent answered my question regarding enabling AHCI when windows is allready installed.
    Irrelevant to the discussion at hand, attempting to shy away from the subject to make yourself look better.
    I know the answer to that question, but please, keep it up, i'm enjoying this

im laughing even harder - the OP was asking about the viability of an SSD and i was replying that yes indeed he would need to update his firmware via the asus updater so he would be ready for using an SSD.

but please , the depths of your degradation and despair have left you wanting for such verbose

15+ Year Old Account
    im laughing even harder - the OP was asking about the viability of an SSD and i was replying that yes indeed he would need to update his firmware via the asus updater so he would be ready for using an SSD.

but please , the depths of your degradation and despair have left you wanting for such verbose
    Yes the OP was asking for the viability of an SSD of his rig, YOU however replied to HIS question of the SSD Firmware, not Mobo BIOS, it's pretty flipping obvious, is the truth that painful to admit for you? :P

Also yes, i love a good argument, nothing to do with despair or degradation (quite general a statement you made there) of the mind, however unnecessarily abundant of information you may FIND it to be... all information is relevant.

the OP asked a question in regards to his entire system - of which I replied that his motherboard would need updating via the asus updater , that much seems so simple from 1 question , so where did you get the concept he was *only* asking about an ssd from? anyway you still havent answer ,my, question in regards to ahci.....

15+ Year Old Account
    the OP asked a question in regards to his entire system - of which I replied that his motherboard would need updating via the asus updater , that much seems so simple from 1 question , so where did you get the concept he was *only* asking about an ssd from? anyway you still havent answer ,my, question in regards to ahci.....

You're useless and are unable to comprehend reading, such a hard skill to master.
    AHCI question has no bearing and yet again irrelevant.

You can have your last (incorrect, unwilling to acknowledge your own mistake) word, enjoy.

apparantly education is seriously lacking in holland , a sad , but true failure of the euro system im sure - i do pity you.Once again , in small words so you can fully comprehend the extent of your failure - the OP asked:

Hallo im buying an SSD later today, but i wanna be 110% sure that my motherboard will support this drive.

the motherboard that im using is:
    the very first line - and that is where i added and continued about updating his motherboard.

do you now know your complete failure as a man.......

15+ Year Old Account
    apparantly education is seriously lacking in holland , a sad , but true failure of the euro system im sure - i do pity you.Once again , in small words so you can fully comprehend the extent of your failure - the OP asked:

the very first line - and that is where i added and continued about updating his motherboard.

do you now know your complete failure as a man.......
    Oh, we are going to start on the educational tour are we?
    My my, i did not realize that you were so desperate to win that you would attack me, and the country i live in, personally.

Simply by analyzing your grammar and the way you've said things, i would venture a guess and say that you were between 14 and 18 years old and watch alot of Anime, trying to talk older and smarter then you really are.
    Well i have a tidbit of information for you... this isn't a school playground & this isn't a kindergarten either, here you cannot say 1 thing and deny it the next and play dumb because it is documented what is said and shall come back to bite you in the ass.

Regardless, i know my words will fall on deaf ears, and i stand by my previous statement of you can have your last (incorrect) words. Enjoy the rest of your day.

And thus you lower yourself by bringing that old chestnut of implied `age` into a vocal discussion.

And with the above you have finally realised that you are totally incorrect , from the irrefutable fact , the OP , asked about his motherboard in the very first post.

But please continue - i enjoy seeing a man gasp for air, when he knows just how much he has failed.

Deleted
    Just wanna say thanks for all the help, the SSD is now installed and running perfectly

i also did the Firmware update etc before installing windows. thanks for the tip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    Just wanna say thanks for all the help, the SSD is now installed and running perfectly

i also did the Firmware update etc before installing windows. thanks for the tip.
    You're welcome.
    I'm assuming the firmware update with the guide i linked you went quickly and effortlessly?
    (also assuming you didn't tell it to fix linkspeed to SATAII <-- Important!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You're welcome.
    I'm assuming the firmware update with the guide i linked you went quickly and effortlessly?
    (also assuming you didn't tell it to fix linkspeed to SATAII <-- Important!)

i only did the the firmware update part? and i connected the drive to the sata3.0 (grey) bay.

Deleted
    @Tanthalus

new and interesting discussion, I bet Mbgz gets lots of useful information out of it.

@Mbgz

Sounds like you got it right (SATA III connection).