Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worried about Asura armor and weapons looking crushed? Look inside.

First thing I checked when BWE3 was playable was how armor sets looked on the asura, in some other games armors are simply crushed down to fit the smaller model making them look out of proportion and weird, especially shoulder pads. Turns out that most of the armor sets have changes made to them sepecifically so they will look natural on the asura which is great.
    The video below shows all the armors and weapons on a male asura, the only problem I can see is that anything with a flared bottom obscures your weapons pretty badly, this could be an advantage in tournament pvp as it conceles your ability set until you first attack unlike some other races were you can tell what weapons they are holding from a mile away.

Last edited by Devlin1991; 2012-07-24 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    the only problem I can see is that anythig with a flared bottom obscures your weapons pretty badly
    There were a number of complaints about this on the forums, so hopefully it will be addressed.

Deleted
    Asuras being crushed? I'm happy about tha- oh, that's not what the thread is about.

I had the same issue with Emily's pistols and the thief PvP dress. Could just see the pistol butts sticking out, and it looked silly. Hope they change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    There were a number of complaints about this on the forums, so hopefully it will be addressed.
    I hope so but it would require some pretty big changes to either the armor sets or all the asura animations.

Why would you worry about Asura? They are butt-ugly and no amount of l33t gear is going to make up for the legendary level of lameness that race embodies.
    Roll Norn and stop worrying :]

Deleted
    Norn look terrible. Proof -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Why would you worry about Asura? They are butt-ugly and no amount of l33t gear is going to make up for the legendary level of lameness that race embodies.
    Due to that last line I'll take your post as sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Due to that last line I'll take your post as sarcasm.
    It's hard to tell, I do think that Norn look awesome since it scales all the weapons up and makes greatswords look crazy good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    the only problem I can see is that anything with a flared bottom obscures your weapons pretty badly
    This happens with Charr as well, and to lesser degrees for more human looking races. I think it can be fixed by moving the weapons higher up the waist and pointing the ends of the weapons higher up. It might look a bit odd like that though.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-24 at 10:20 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    This happens with Charr as well, and to lesser degrees for more human looking races. I think it can be fixed by moving the weapons higher up the waist and pointing the ends up the weapon higher up. It might look a bit odd like that though.
    We could always put more weapons across our backs?

:P

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I thought they looked pretty cool. To bad I couldn't roll one pass beta weekend. For some weird reason I could create one but the game would stay stuck at the loading screen after the Asura intro.

Norn look terrible. Proof -
    she has a face like a bag of dropped crabs tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post

That would actually be awesome for swords, axes, maces, and perhaps scepters. Daggers, torches and focuses would be a bit odd though.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    The weapons rarely clip through heavy armor, it's mostly the case of medium/light armor types since they usually have wider leg armor. It does look like you're getting stabbed by your own dagger, so I do hope they do something about it. That and increase the size of the weapons a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how you can't see the chest armor on Charr because they slouch. This was addressed by ANet in a panel where they promptly told us all to "fucking deal with it, you whiners!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post

Having dual swords crossed at your shoulders would look awesome, daggers on the other hand I think need to stay at your waist cause displaying them on your back isn't very thief like imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, weapons need to be bigger for sure! Barely noticed that because I barely played my Asura but if the 2-handers are that small, I'll be waiting a bit before I roll an Asura warrior and just focus on my human guardian at launch instead.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Yeah, weapons need to be bigger for sure! Barely noticed that because I barely played my Asura but if the 2-handers are that small, I'll be waiting a bit before I roll an Asura warrior and just focus on my human guardian at launch instead.
    I think Humans and Norn have the best fitting armor and weapons. Some Charr stuff looks sick but I can't get past the hunchback fighing style.

Deleted
    Thanks for this video mate, was actually wandering how the tiny ones look in armors hehe

Deleted
    Just gonna join in with this I think they could set the attachment point for the weapons to the chest armor at a point in line with the hip. At the moment it is attached to your hip and not the armor at all so it does tend to get obscured very easily at least with the medium and light armor.

Oh and thanks for taking the time to make the video showing this.